scrapple

pluto67

Fort Veteran since 1982
Fresh local Amish scrapple is by far the best. In fact we will be camping in Lancaster the end of this month and stocking up more scrapple, short trip for us only 58 miles from home for a quick get away when we run low of scrapple. Do not forget to garnish the scrapple with ketchup.

pluto67, we live about two hours from Lancaster. Where do you buy your scrapple? Have you have seen the HUGE blocks of scrapple sold at Shady Maple?

I like maple syrup on my scrapple. Probably because I seem to have it more often than not with pancakes or waffles.

If I had it with eggs and home fries, I may put ketchup or hot sauce on it.

Last edited:

What and if I garnish my SCRAPPLE depends on what side dish I am having with it. Like Scrambled eggs or Scrapple and egg sandwiches get Ketchup. Eggs over easy get a dash of Lea and Perrins.
Pancakes, Waffles or French Toast, Maple syrup

pluto67, we live about two hours from Lancaster. Where do you buy your scrapple? Have you have seen the HUGE blocks of scrapple sold at Shady Maple?
Strasburg Market Place, 214 Hartman Bridge Rd. Ronks, Pa.17572. Stoltzfus Scrapple Its prepackaged and sold by the weight, 1.6 lb. block was $4.76, Not familiar with Shady Maple Scrapple.

Pluto-thanks for the info. We will be in camping in Lancaster in a few weeks. Wil try to stop in.

If you ever go to Shady Maple, their scrapple is definitely worth a look. Just for the sheer hugeness of it.

If people only knew how good SCRAPPLE (aka: Pan Tenderloin) can be !!!
Your mouth starts to water just thinking about it.
When I worked in upper PA, we would travel to Penn Dutch Territory (Lancaster County).
You could smell Scrapple as you drove down.
The car AUTOMATICALLY made a "lefty" into the eatery driveway !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter