Scooter rental info

lorijohnhill

DIS Veteran
Hi,
Does anyone have recent experience with Scootaround (in Orlando, for WDW)? I would love to know what you think.

I had good experiences with them in CA, but that was almost 10years ago.

I prefer the Pride Maxima, as that is what I use at home, and am not finding many rental places that have them. I also like the price better. lol.

In CA, Scootaround isn’t doing as well these days, there is a good rental company called Anaheim Scooter Rentals there, but as for Disney World, Gold Mobility is the way to go, although their pricing primarily focuses on 7+ rental days. They do offer the Pride Maxima and with that model, you get cup holder, fan, cell phone holder, damage and theft waiver and ponchos included. The ponchos are nice, but not a must have, but the fan, cup holder and cell phone holder are all extremely helpful.

Scootaround doesn’t get much traction on here at all and to be honest, when DH and I have been at WDW, they don’t have a lot in the parks compared to other companies. They could be good or bad, really can’t say for sure, but I do know Gold Mobility uses the largest batteries they can in their scooters and their equipment is always in great shape.

In CA, Scootaround isn’t doing as well these days, there is a good rental company called Anaheim Scooter Rentals there, but as for Disney World, Gold Mobility is the way to go, although their pricing primarily focuses on 7+ rental days. They do offer the Pride Maxima and with that model, you get cup holder, fan, cell phone holder, damage and theft waiver and ponchos included. The ponchos are nice, but not a must have, but the fan, cup holder and cell phone holder are all extremely helpful.

Scootaround doesn’t get much traction on here at all and to be honest, when DH and I have been at WDW, they don’t have a lot in the parks compared to other companies. They could be good or bad, really can’t say for sure, but I do know Gold Mobility uses the largest batteries they can in their scooters and their equipment is always in great shape.
Thank you. I will look at Gold again.

Yeah, definitely don’t overlook the damage and theft waiver, DH had an issue with another company where due to no fault of his own, the floor board got slightly damaged with a chip in it (CM caused it) slightly and they tried to charge an arm and a leg for the “damage”, as I recall something like $500, he worked it out with them in the end as it wasn’t his fault, but really to not have to deal with that is well worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter