Scoop pins...

Just what does the "inner circle" phrase that is being tossed around mean?????

I live here, was in the first group that went to the Scoop pin introduction, received the pins, one I won in a contest, the other to be used as a pin ambassador to someone who would not receive the pin , not being able to come to WDW often..and I pin trade..I am at the park several times a week, attend as many scoop talks as I can, because I enjoy them, and I enjoy meeting some of the new pin traders, and ones from the boards, I have never purposely dissed or ignored any of the newbies, in fact I love meeting them, or anyone else, and if I have, I apoligize for that.. I love the Scoop pin, love what it stood for, have given a lot of thought as to where my extra one is going, as most of us have awarded our pins, not traded them..
I consider Scoop a friend, but that does not mean that I hang out just to get pins, or the coveted Scoop pin..

Some of the wording on certain post suggest that...that we all hang out in some glass bubble thinking we are better then everyone else, and just have our hands stuck out for pins... if that is the general thought you are all so wrong..
But I would like someone who has used the phrase in these posts to explain to me just what it is, or the people that are the so-called inner circle...who they are....

maybe a poll......just curious..

This thread is too serious I need to be me here.

Pin Hater no need to apologize personally if anybody wants to sell a Scoop pin go for it, but a lot of people would not, and yes there are a lot of people with two even three Scoop pins but I don't know them and some are in California so if new members have been added to the inner circle will somebody shoot me an Email. :teeth: Thanks.

And while we are on this subject I think I'm much more popular then Scoop, I mean sorry Scoop, but lets be fair. :teeth: my question is when do I get my stinking inner circle I want groupies darn it.

Everybody is entitled to there own opinion so vent and be happy I think there are more happy then unhappy out there so there :p

Mario dude I love ya man, I didn't get to spend any time with you so I just hope you don't think I'm a snob or a jerk, because I like you, heck I like everybody, besides your bigger than me. :teeth:

I'm kidding about the circle thing if there is such a thing who are the members? and are there cute girls in it? I need to know these things you know.

What I'm getting to the point here kids is Let it go, lets go back to cute type post let this die, because now I got Donna to deal with. Thanks a bunch :teeth:

The term "inner circle" is not meant to be deragatory. I mean it as a group of people who all know each very well and tend to stay within the group when they are at pin meets. The majority of traders in the group had Scoop pins on their lanyards or shirts. I noticed recently at a pin meet how a big group stayed together and basically chated with each other. The non "circle" traders worked the whole room meeting everyone. Is that bad? No it is not. Those are the ones who I call the "inner circle". I do not know any of them by name so I can't say who is who. Don't get me wrong they were very nice! I enjoyed trading with them!

I didn't get to spend any time with you so I just hope you don't think I'm a snob or a jerk
Ed, your the one that keeps the boards lively. I stated in a different scoop pin thread that if there is anyone in my mind that deserves a scoop pin, inny or outty, it's you. No doubt about that...you da man!

Ok, here goes my 2 cents, and I don't mean for it to come out the way some might take it.

There are many traders that have gotten to know each other over the past 3 1/2 years since Disney has started this pin trading hobby and most of it started right here on the DIS, this was if I am not mistaken the only place pin traders had to chat with other pin collectors. The other pin sites did not exist until several months later and so forth. I know I myself have met a lot of really great people and have made great friendships along the way. I decide I am going to go to an event and find out who I know might be going and then this question comes up "Hey you wanna share a room, we can cut our costs some", I have shared rooms with several friends from these boards that I have gotten to know over these years. I know there are many here that have done this too. Some do not get to see each other on a regular basis and we enjoy having fun together, "You know there are rides in WDW". I would not really call any of us the inner circle, but a great group of people that have become great friends and enjoy each others company and meeting new faces to put with names from the boards and as people post more we get know them too! Always happy to make new friends!!

Happy Pintrading!!

levity definitely needed here. Good work, Ed. Did you belong to Monty Python at any time previously? And I find it very hard to believe that you DON"T have groupies....Of course, the last thing Donna needs is more people hanging around the house trying to use the computers:p

I tried all night to keep the group in a circle; they kept going out and forming all sorts of shapes triangles, squares, and at one time a trapezoid.

SO looks like the inner circle will have to become the inner trapezoid, cause they just are not listening to me.

At one time I did proclaim myself king of the circle but was just told to shut up by the group.

I did get two groupies tonight one is 13 but the other is 22 Woo Hoo, well I can't call them scroopies and edoopies is too weird so how does rauloopies or pinboyoopies sound.

A pinboyoopie?!? LoL...I believe that youve had too much Cotton Candy Ice Cream...;) Whatever it is, Im an Ed Groupie, or was it a Pinette...LoL...!!!

Buggin'
Amber

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter