Schedule for Wedding Day

cathie13

Earning My Ears
My son and future daughter-in-law are in the process of planning what they hope will be their Fairytale Wedding. The current restriction just brought to their attention concerns time allowed between ceremony and reception locations. Their ceremony will be at the Wedding pavilion at 10:00 am. The contract just received from Disney has a start time for the reception as 11:00 am. This would be okay and something we could have lived with, if the first Disney cast member assigned to them penciled them in for Whitehall at the Grand Floridian when she suggested it to them by email and said it was available. However, she did not, and when they responded to her email the next day, she said it was not available since they have a convention booked for the entire venues at the Grand Floridian. They are in the process of changing to another planner. After much discussion, they settled on a Beach Club location. This wouldn't be a big problem, as long as traveling time is allowed in the schedule for guests and the bride and groom to reach the beach club. This means they either do not take pictures at the Wedding pavilion after the ceremony (one of the reasons they are paying the higher cost to have their ceremony at this venue), or they pay for reception time and food serving time that they and their guest will not be there to enjoy.

This seems unfair, especially since it was a problem caused by the first wedding planner not reserving their first reception venue choice. Has anyone else had a 10:00 ceremony at the Pavilion with a reception at the Beach club at 11:00 work well, without feeling rushed? We have some small children and elderly guests, that will take more time getting to the parking areas at both places. They are beginning to feel their Fairytale Wedding is turning into the Nightmare before Christmas!!!!!!! I keep telling them Disney does a great job, and your wedding day will be beautiful. I sure hope my faith in Disney is not wishful thinking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter