scavenger hunt swap... final details

Christina, I found those little bags at Hobby Lobby during an out of town shopping trip. Wal Mart may also carry those little baggies in the craft section. I'm thinking I saw some of them there recently. Speaking of WM, I found all sorts of goodies on their clearance rack in the crafts section the other day. Cute Rebecca Sower thingies (little brown suitcase) for 75 cents and stickers for 25 cents. Lots of ribbon for 75 cents, and also got 500 eyelets in a pkg. for $3!

ETA--Does that help, or just enable? ;)

Normally it would just enable, but we make a weekly trip to walmart, and I head straight for the craft clearance section,s o Ithink I already have one of each of anythign they have on clearance, hahaha. But thanks for the idea, I'll see if I can find them there. Maybe I'll luck out and find them at home. But since it was about 2 or more years ago since I bought them and who knows when I last saw them, I'm guessing not. So I'll try to squeeze in a trip to walmart to try to find them. Unfortunately, we have no Hobby Lobby, boo hoo.

Good morning Maggie,
I sent you a pm! Can't wait to start shopping!

sara

thanks for the pm Iluvpooh1, have added it to the list. :) Just waiting on 4-5 more email addresses... maggie

I've got all my shopping done, just need to put together the tags. How big shoudl the large tags be? I went to get a template for my shape cutter, and it was HUGE. I'm thinking I'll just make my own tags by cutting rectangles and angling the end? I was thinking of making them around 2"x3". How big is everyone else making them?

I just wanted to let everyone know, in case anyone else needs any small bags, that I got 100 1.5 x1.5" ziploc bags on ebay, buy it now for $.99. IT was only $1 s/h, so only $1.99 for 100 bags. There are all kinds of other sizes too, pretty much all of the small ones were that price. They had 1x2, 1x1, 1.5x2, 2x2, etc. I'm sure 100 will last me a long time, since i really only need 20 for this swap. But hey, that's just more motivation to do another one, I've got to get my $.99 worth out of the bags :rotfl:

christinadei said:
I've got all my shopping done, just need to put together the tags. How big shoudl the large tags be? I went to get a template for my shape cutter, and it was HUGE. I'm thinking I'll just make my own tags by cutting rectangles and angling the end? I was thinking of making them around 2"x3". How big is everyone else making them?

I am doing small tags and I thought they would be 2 x 3. I have been in swaps where the large tags were more like 3 x 5. Maybe I am wrong. Please let us know so we can make them the right size.

I think I found my brads today. Also, I have been working on my photo mats. I'm working on making them so that you can use the vertical or horizontal. I hope to have them finished by early next week.
This swap is so much fun.
Shawna

WDWMom said:
I am doing small tags and I thought they would be 2 x 3. I have been in swaps where the large tags were more like 3 x 5. Maybe I am wrong. Please let us know so we can make them the right size.

Hmm, I made the tags last night and I guess they may be considered small? I didn't measure them,b ut they are about 2x3.5 or so. What if I just make more and send 2 of each? Will that be okay? I started to make them bigger, but I thought that they may be too big. Sorry, I'm new at scrapping for swaps, I normally just do what I think looks good and that's it, haha. I'll just make more, if that's okay. They didn't take too long anyway. I'll get started on them, and as soon as I get the small bags in for the brads, I'll have everything shipped off. Sorry, I guess I signed up for large tags and ended up doing small tags. My mistake, I'll know for next time. Or I can just do large ones instead or to go with it. Maggie, let me knwo what you t hink. I have plenty of supplies and stuff, I can just cut larger tags.

Hey, just sent you a pm about the tags. maggie

Okay, last night I finished the second tag for my group. I now have everything bought and made, I'm just waiting on the small bags for the snaps and it will all go out.

By the way Maggie, are you going to PM us your address so we can mail you everything? (Or did I miss you posting it?)

I'm sending an email because I am not sending 40 im's. :) so I just need like 2 more emails... maggie

hey guys, just sent an email to everyone who I have an email for with my address. If you didn't get it, then I don't have your email. :) maggie

My stuff should go in the mail next week some time. Thanks for hosting.
Shawna

Mine are all finished and ready to be mailed out on monday. This one was really fun. We definately have to do another like it!

Wow! I guess I'm really running behind! I better get started! I have ideas for one of my items, but the other I'm waiting until I take a class in two weeks to get some ideas from. I hope I don't hold things up. Are we still due the first of Sept.?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter