Saratoga Springs or Kidani non savannah view

Disney loving Iowan

DIS Veteran
Doing a trip in February but my favorite resorts aren't available so it is between SSR and Kidani but not a savannah view. So please help me decide by giving me some pros and cons and advice. TIA!!!

Two very different resorts in so many ways. Kidani/AKL is a beautiful resort, but fairly isolated. Nothing is really walkable from the property. Also I don't love the layout of Kidani specifically. If you get stuck at the far end, it's a very long way to the lobby area.

SSR on the other hand is more low key laid back sprawling property (65 acres)--more like a vacation community. It's big selling point for us is the proximity to Disney Springs. Personally it's an easy SSR for on that one, as I'm just not a fan of Kidani AKL (and it's one of our three home resorts). I like to visit AKL occasionally, but not staying there. AKL wins on dining...but with Disney Springs next door to SSR...maybe not. Plus SSR has the spa if that is of interest to you.

I love AKL-K for the savanna view, for parking under the building out of sun and rain and near the elevator to my room, and for the extra bathrooms in 1 and 2 BR villas. I like SSR for the convenience to DS and for the queen Murphy beds in the 1 and 2 BR villas but NOT for the forest of doors into the bathroom in the 1 BR. Both AKL and SSR are bus rides to all parks, so that doesn't make a difference to us.

I love AKL-K for the savanna view, for parking under the building out of sun and rain and near the elevator to my room, and for the extra bathrooms in 1 and 2 BR villas. I like SSR for the convenience to DS and for the queen Murphy beds in the 1 and 2 BR villas but NOT for the forest of doors into the bathroom in the 1 BR. Both AKL and SSR are bus rides to all parks, so that doesn't make a difference to us.
It would be a non savannah view studio. If we could get the savannah view I might put AKL a bit above SSR. Thank you for your input.

Two very different resorts in so many ways. Kidani/AKL is a beautiful resort, but fairly isolated. Nothing is really walkable from the property. Also I don't love the layout of Kidani specifically. If you get stuck at the far end, it's a very long way to the lobby area.

SSR on the other hand is more low key laid back sprawling property (65 acres)--more like a vacation community. It's big selling point for us is the proximity to Disney Springs. Personally it's an easy SSR for on that one, as I'm just not a fan of Kidani AKL (and it's one of our three home resorts). I like to visit AKL occasionally, but not staying there. AKL wins on dining...but with Disney Springs next door to SSR...maybe not. Plus SSR has the spa if that is of interest to you.
Thank you! How are the busses from SSR? Do they get crowded and how long does it generally take to get anywhere? Is it better than from AKL?

It would be a non savannah view studio. If we could get the savannah view I might put AKL a bit above SSR. Thank you for your input.
I understand. Parking under the building near the elevator closest to your room at Kidani also, for us, beats parking outside in the sun/rain at SSR. I'd say the buses from SSR take just as long to get anywhere as from AKL, actually a little longer because they make 5 stops before leaving the resort whereas AKL has only 2 stops, not to mention that AK itself is literally around the corner from AKL.

Since it's a non-Savanna room, I'd go SSR.

It depends on the demographic of the trip though. Are there kids going? How old are they? Are you hitting the parks every day? Do you want to go to Disney Springs? Do you plan on doing any swimming at the pool?

I like to go to Disney Springs, which makes SSR preferable to AKV. I also like how close I can park my car to my room.

Bus transport from each resort is going to be about the same in February. Maybe slightly more busses running to/from SSR (5 bus stops in that 1 resort alone). As someone mentioned, the Kidani pool will be closed in Feb., so if you want to swim, you should go SSR.

Lots of factors to consider, and knowing a bit more about how you and your family like to spend time at Disney can impact this decision a lot.

Thank you everyone. We actually ended up booking SSR. It will be adult DD and me. We really haven't spent much time in the past at DS but I'm sure we will at least go over for dinner and maybe a little shopping. We usually stay at Boardwalk so we can just walk to Epcot and HS but it wasn't available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter