Sarah and Frank's Planning Journal WP/GF-WHP/GFB 2-7-09 SAVE THE DATE VIDEO UP!!!

Beautiful pix, Sarah!! You and Frank must have been so excited to see how wonderfully they turned out! Love your Mom's choice for the announcement. :cutie:

THANK YOU LADIES for all the compliments on my engagement pictures!!! You all are too sweet!!!!

Wow great pics!! Woo hooo Go Colts!! :lmao:

GO COLTS INDEED!!!! You like how I'm choking him while he's wearing his Pats jersey...:rotfl2:

I just found your PJ. I have to say I absolutely love Salami! That sounds funny :rotfl2: and your other dog as well. Your dress and ring are beautiful and your engagement pictures turned out very well. I am voting for hairstyle #1 and #5. Looking forward to hearing the rest of your plans!

Thank you...it's funny how we decided upon naming him Salami. I am a huge fan of Adam Sandler who had a Bull Dog named Meatball (meat passed away a few years ago) and then his finace got him a 2nd one as a wedding gift and they named it Matzha Ball. I LOVED the idea and since Frank is half Italian we decided to go w/ Salami over prosciutto for the obvious reasons. Sal for short ;)

Yes, us disboard girls are very supportive. So never fear, if you ever need some extra support or encouragement we are there for you! Good luck w/ getting the "Debbie Downers" on board for your DW! :grouphug:

:goodvibes thanks! you're so sweet! I love the engagement photos! The one you're using for the paper is my fav, but i like the jersey ones too. Sry to say it but... I'm a Pats fan myself! :rolleyes1 I live just outside of Boston so I gotta support the home team!!

I'm a little late tuning in on your pj but your ring is ABSOLUTELY beautiful. :lovestruc your engagement pics are great too! I have curly hair too and I haven't decided how I'm going to wear it either. I'm getting married next August so I have the heat and humidity to worry about causing frizz. lovely.

Okay ladies, I'm baaaaack. And where to begin???

This week I received an email from my WC telling me that we are at the 8 month mark and I need to turn in my Room Block details by the end of the week so that they can send me my contract.

WHAAAAATTTT!!!!!!!!!:eek: :scared1:

Room block details????!!!??? :eek: How should I know, we just sent out our Save the Dates and in them we told people to let us know by July 1.

So I emailed her back ASAP :moped: asking if I could over guesstimate the number of rooms and nights since we haven't heard back from too many people yet, and then closer to the date subtract rooms off the block once we have a better idea who all is coming.

THANK GOODNESS for my WC :worship: :worship: b/c she said she would word my contract allowing me to do as I requested. This may be what they typically do for all brides, but I'm just thankful I can do it.

So, my parents drove into Indy last night so we could make the room block....a moment I have been dreading :sad2: b/c the one topic that scares the bejesus out of my mom is the room block. Before you all start asking why? It is b/c she doesn't want to get stuck paying for extra rooms. Her ultimate fear is that she is going to have a ton of rooms on the room block that never get fulfilled and then she and my dad are stuck with the bill.

For some reason, she does not feel comfortable giving Disney an elaborate number of rooms to be blocked at 3 different resorts, even when I kept explaining that we will subtract off all the extra rooms once we find out where everyone is staying and for how long. :confused3

Regardless, it turned into a heated debate and we didn't get anything accomplished. We ended the evening by agreeing that mom and dad will call our WC today and go over everything w/ her. Hopefully she will put them both at ease! FINGERS CROSSED....

I will say this...Frank was amazing the whole time my parents and I were going back and forth, he was keeping the peace and as they were leaving he said just to email him and he would assist them w/ whatever they needed (all w/ a calming tone). I love that man o mine!!! :lovestruc

Dont stress about the room block- estimate what you might need and adjust it as you go! I had to add rooms to one hotel and in the end used only 2 of the 3 hotels. They just release the rooms that are unused back to the general public if you dont use them.

I think the only time you pay for rooms is if you dont meet the required number of rooms. I had to meet 25 room nights- ended up with 52!

It was the thing I stressed about most in the beginning and it ended up not being worth the stress!

Dont stress about the room block- estimate what you might need and adjust it as you go! I had to add rooms to one hotel and in the end used only 2 of the 3 hotels. They just release the rooms that are unused back to the general public if you dont use them.

I think the only time you pay for rooms is if you dont meet the required number of rooms. I had to meet 25 room nights- ended up with 52!

It was the thing I stressed about most in the beginning and it ended up not being worth the stress!

AMEN! You're preachin' to the choir, Sista! :rotfl2:

Seriously though, thanks for your insight and experience w/ the RB situation. I'm totally cool with it...maybe b/c I am not paying for the wedding. It's mom who is having a meltdown.

Can I have my mom call you???? :lmao: :lmao:

Here are a couple more ideas of what I would like to have at the wedding...

Instead of a Guest Book - which I would never look at again, We are going to have a "Wish Tree" and have everyone write down wishes for us and then hang them on the tree during the pre-reception while the bridal party is taking photos.

WishTree3.jpg

I am looking into having a photo booth so that our guests can take fun pictures of themselves, leaving a copy for us and taking one with them as part of a wedding favor. Below is one of the photo booth pictures Frank and I took 5 years ago on a boardwalk in Mass.

photobooth.jpg

m_fbc1272f377f6f60d3f139dd4ecb331b.jpg

Then, after the wedding I will take the wishes and pic booth photos and make a collage out of them.

The dreaded Room Block!!! We just sent our Room Block/Contract Info to our WC. Let me just say that the room block was the bane of our existence this week. At first, we tried to be nice and ask some of our guests where they were planning on staying. But, after not receiving to many responses (some of the responses that we did recieve were, "well we were planning on staying in a condo off property" :worried: ), we just decided to forgo that idea and just pick whatever we felt like picking.

BTW...I love the photobooth idea!! My DF and are in negotiations on whether to have one or not (if our budget allows for it).

Oh, I absolutely *love* the tree idea!! Love, love, love it!

That's one of those things you wish you had thought up (like whenever I hear music lyrics I wish I had thought up first!). Just fantastic!

ROOM BLOCK UPDATE

I just spoke w/ my mom on the phone coming home from work and she spoke to our WC this morning. Turns out the WC said it was okay to turn in a "conservative" room block list this early in the game. Then as we proceed and time goes by we can always ADD more rooms to the block if necessary.

WHAT?!? :eek: Add more rooms later on?!?!?! :woohoo: WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!:cool1: :dance3: :banana:

THANK YOU DISNEY GOD!!!!! :worship:

My mom has now calmed down and I am back to being Stress-Free Sarah :hippie: . Wow! I feel like I just dodged a bullet! :duck:

Now I just need to turn in my list of who I know is coming and where they are staying along w/ the number of nights and I'm golden.

Hi there I just foynd your PJ read through it :surfweb: here at work!!! First let me say congrats!!!! I love the ring!!! The dress is stunning!!!! The engagement pictures came out great, you guys make a cute couple. The STD are great I wish we could see what is on the DVD ;) I love the wish tree, is disney going to set it up for you? I would love to see how that turns out. Thanks for posting the hairstyle pics I too have naturally curly hair and have such a hard time finding hair styles.

Look forward to reading about all your plans....:)

I looove the video! You guys look so happy! It's an awesome idea to send a video as a Save the Date, I love it. :love:

Can I just say that I love your hair! :rotfl: In some of the pics it's red and I think it's such good color on you! :thumbsup2

Love your DVD especially the kid pictures at the end. What a good idea to do a dvd.

Linz xxx :)

Oh, I absolutely *love* the tree idea!! Love, love, love it!

That's one of those things you wish you had thought up (like whenever I hear music lyrics I wish I had thought up first!). Just fantastic!

I can't take credit for the tree instead of the guest book idea. I think I found the idea on the the knot. But I too love it!!! ::yes::

Hi there I just foynd your PJ read through it :surfweb: here at work!!! First let me say congrats!!!! I love the ring!!! The dress is stunning!!!! The engagement pictures came out great, you guys make a cute couple. The STD are great I wish we could see what is on the DVD ;) I love the wish tree, is disney going to set it up for you? I would love to see how that turns out. Thanks for posting the hairstyle pics I too have naturally curly hair and have such a hard time finding hair styles.

Look forward to reading about all your plans....:)

Thank you so much for the nice compliments. You got your wish...:wizard: I uploaded the DVD.

I am not sure just yet how to get the tree up. That will be something we will probably go over during our planning session. But I will keep you posted. ;)

I looove the video! You guys look so happy! It's an awesome idea to send a video as a Save the Date, I love it. :love:

Can I just say that I love your hair! :rotfl: In some of the pics it's red and I think it's such good color on you! :thumbsup2

THANK YOU!!! :goodvibes

I hope red hair looks good on me since I'm naturally a red head. :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: Thank you though!!! :goodvibes

Love your DVD especially the kid pictures at the end. What a good idea to do a dvd.

Linz xxx :)

Thank you so much!!! :hug: The kid pictures at the end are my favorite. I only wanted to put a couple in this video b/c we are going to have a "Through the Years" video at our Rehersal Dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter