• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sanaa no reservations

Kristi113

Mouseketeer
We are staying at AKL jambo house starting Sept. 30. I thought I would have no trouble getting a reservation at Sanaa and went for that one last after Oga’s cantina and other hard to get ADR’s. Does anyone know why this seems to be an impossible reservation to get or if there is something going on where they are waiting to open more reservations? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, I’ll do that. It just seemed odd of all the places that this would be the one I couldn’t get. I was able to get every other ADR including Oga’s Cantina, Sci Fi, and skippers canteen. No Sanaa Though. I wasn’t sure if they were holding back some reservations until after the hotel fully opened. I know Boma is closed so that’s out. Would be nice to have one dinner at our hotel.

I had to get an 8:25 dinner at 60 days out. Never had an issue with lots of times available before. Maybe it will return to that after things get more back to normal.

It may also be that with Jambo House reopening on Aug 26, there's that many more guests who want to eat on-site, with Sanaa still the only restaurant available. I would think once Boma and Jiko open back up, it'll spread out the demand.

Don't forget that Sanaa offers "Sanaa to go" and you don't need a reservation for that. I just returned from Kidani, and I used "Sanaa to go" about 3 times while I was there. The bread service was excellent, and one night, I got the salad sampler and dessert. The salad sampler was definitely a new favorite of mine!

We ate at Sanaa in March, and due to social distancing the tables were very spread out. DH and I were placed at a table for 6! I would estimate that their capacity was less than half what it was prepandemic. I don't know how much capacity has increased since then, but decreased capacity might also still be playing a role in availability.

We are staying at AKL jambo house starting Sept. 30. I thought I would have no trouble getting a reservation at Sanaa and went for that one last after Oga’s cantina and other hard to get ADR’s. Does anyone know why this seems to be an impossible reservation to get or if there is something going on where they are waiting to open more reservations? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
i had to work to get one on Oct 2. I ended up getting it after i went directly to the Sanaa page. I was trying to book for 2 then i decided to try for 4 and then it showed up. Then i tried again for 2 and i got it so i dumped the ADR for 4.

I think it's a combination of many things. Limited dining at the AKL, limited dining just in general, 50th anniversary crowds, and the fact that Sanaa is no longer under the radar. Keep trying to see if one shows up. If not I would definitely do the take out.

It's one of the ones that I've been consistently seeing on several of my days during my trip for the week of the 50th. But it's always been one that's been on the harder side to get, it's really popular. I didn't book it, but we plan on doing it to-go.

There are 1,644 rooms at animal kingdom lodge, and all or nearly of them will be occupied the night before the 50th anniversary.

Food options are so limited at AK. The Mara isn't great, so Sanaa is pretty much it for food. We did takeout from Sanaa in June and it was delicious.

We ate at Sanaa in March, and due to social distancing the tables were very spread out. DH and I were placed at a table for 6! I would estimate that their capacity was less than half what it was prepandemic. I don't know how much capacity has increased since then, but decreased capacity might also still be playing a role in availability.

I am a CM at Sanaa and we just increased last week to 75%.

i had to work to get one on Oct 2. I ended up getting it after i went directly to the Sanaa page. I was trying to book for 2 then i decided to try for 4 and then it showed up. Then i tried again for 2 and i got it so i dumped the ADR for 4.

This. Try other amounts of people besides what you actually have.

This. Try other amounts of people besides what you actually have.
Is the restaurant continuing take-out despite the seating capacity increase? No, I won’t be on site for sometime but I think it’s a service many would appreciate. Also wondering if a service fee is added as it sounds like a way for the employees to continue making a decent salary.

Is the restaurant continuing take-out despite the seating capacity increase? No, I won’t be on site for sometime but I think it’s a service many would appreciate. Also wondering if a service fee is added as it sounds like a way for the employees to continue making a decent salary.

Yes, Sanaa to go is still very much alive and well! We have reduced the amount per hour though, so if you do know that day what time you'd like to eat, the earlier you put in your mobile order, the better chance of getting the time window you'd like.

No service fee. I am seater and everyday one of us is assigned to mobile order, so we pack your orders, it's not a server doing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter