Salt and Straw at Disney Springs double billing scam

Canadian Tom

DIS Veteran
This is what happened to me. They double charge for purchase on separate days. A scam!! We bought ice cream on Mar 17 and were billed Mar. 17th and then on Mar. 18th . We purchased ice cream on Mar, 20th and were billed Mar. 20th and then Mar. 21st. Purchased ice cream Mar. 27 and were billed Mar. 27 and Mar. 28. In effect they double billed me THREE times. Once and I can accept, it was a mistake, twice and it must be incompetence. Three time and it must be a SCAM. I reported to the Beach Club manager and she could see it was in error and refunded me for double billing and said they will be looking into it. Be careful with that business. Heads up. Canadian Tom

This is what happened to me. They double charge for purchase on separate days. A scam!! We bought ice cream on Mar 17 and were billed Mar. 17th and then on Mar. 18th . We purchased ice cream on Mar, 20th and were billed Mar. 20th and then Mar. 21st. Purchased ice cream Mar. 27 and were billed Mar. 27 and Mar. 28. In effect they double billed me THREE times. Once and I can accept, it was a mistake, twice and it must be incompetence. Three time and it must be a SCAM. I reported to the Beach Club manager and she could see it was in error and refunded me for double billing and said they will be looking into it. Be careful with that business. Heads up. Canadian Tom
You may want to delete this thread, you have already posted about it. And it is not a scam, it is clearly a computer glitch. Glad you got it taken care of.

The Beach Club manager kindly corrected the error for you and said they would look into it.
Sorry. I don't see scam here at all. Mistakes, though annoying, sometimes happen.

I'm confused, why was the manager at BC giving a refund for Salt and Straw in DS? Isn't that independently owned? It was obviously a computer glitch and not the fault of anyone.

The manager was involved because it was not apparent that it happened until I received our room folio on checkout day and I was not able to go to D Springs. They also are involve because it is their billing system.

It is especially concerning when they bill twice on different days, that's the big concern. A glitch would have billed on the same day. When they bill it on two different days it becomes harder to find and they know since you are a hotel guest you probably wouldn't see the charges until the day you check out and see a statement of your charges. I would say it's not an employee but the business itself. They are the ones getting paid twice for a single item. Definitely increases the profit margin.

It is especially concerning when they bill twice on different days, that's the big concern. A glitch would have billed on the same day. When they bill it on two different days it becomes harder to find and they know since you are a hotel guest you probably wouldn't see the charges until the day you check out and see a statement of your charges. I would say it's not an employee but the business itself. They are the ones getting paid twice for a single item. Definitely increases the profit margin.
Based on your serious accusations, you seem convinced of malicious intent and conspiracy to defraud, file a police report ...

Wow. This thread is taking a very aggressive approach towards the OP. I appreciate that he took the time to warn possible customers to be aware that they may be double charged, was it a new cashier, a computer issue or maybe a credit card skimmer? Who knows, but I do know that IF I choose to visit this place I will keep an eye on my bank account.

I recently received a menu for a new pizza place. I went online and immediately saw the first three reviews all complained they were overcharged by the business when paying with a debit card. We decided to try the place based on great food reviews, but I paid cash.
while enjoying our pizza, watching the news there was a report of a credit card skimming device found at two local Cumbys. I appreciated the news reporting this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter