Sailor the Seal stays Concierge at AKV!!!

kendzee94

DIS Veteran
In case you haven't heard of me, I'm Sailor the Seal.
This is my previous trip report.....I found my "handler" in a fish extender on the Magic.....here's my trip report on that adventure http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=46219986&posted=1#post46219986

My handler and my new owner were told by my handler's husband that I was not allowed to go to WDW! Can you believe it?

My new owner snuck me out of the house, very early in the morning on October 2, 2012, and we were on our way to the airport :cool1:

Now, in case you haven't read my other trip report, let me just tell you. I go to a lot of places and I will show you all the fun things I got to see on my 9 night vacation. We stayed 2 nights in a standard view 2BR at AKV, then 7 nights at AKV concierge where we got a savanna room. I will have lots of pictures to keep reading and join me on my journey!

So this is me...
008.jpg

I'm Sailor. Well, my new owner thinks my name should be Traveler. My handler still calls me Sailor...I'm confused!

Anyway, this was my first flight ever!
009.jpg

I was so excited to be going with my new family on vacation!

We arrived at Orlando International Airport shortly before 10:00 am. We headed out of the airport to the Magical Express......how magical!
012.jpg
010.jpg
We were at the resort by 10:45.
This was in the lobby!
155.jpg

When we checked in, the nice lady told my handler an approximate spot where our room for the first 2 nights would be. It looked like a really far walk. The nice lady said that we would want to keep it as we got a 2 BR lockoff standard view. She said that we have a "partial savanna view". We decided to give it a try. Our room wasn't guite ready. After we checked in, we went to lunch at the Rainforest Cafe at the Animal Kingdom. I made a new friend....
014.jpg

We decided to go ride the dino ride....
015.jpg

1072.jpg

018.jpg

Help me!
020.jpg

1074.jpg

Whew! We made it back....I think there's an iguanadon on the loose somewhere!

Next up, we went to Finding Nemo the Musical. Since we got there right as the show was getting ready to start, we got a really great seat in the front row!
023.jpg

Right before the show, my handler got a text that the room was ready. We will be in 5346!!!!

021.jpg

022.jpg

One real quick ride then back to the hotel!

This was our view of our "partial view savanna" (paid standard points for this!!!)

149.jpg

Not too shabby for a "partial view"

Later our first night we ate dinner at 'Ohanas. Unfortunately, we had an 8:10 ADR. We got right in. We felt rather rushed as we got there when most tables were being turned over. Wishes was at 9:00. So as we got our bread pudding, the lights went down and we had the perfect view of Wishes and they piped in the music......amazing! Sorry, no pictures!

The next morning, we went to Hollywood Studios. We went on the 2 big rides then over to The Great Movie Ride. It was quite a long line, so here are a few pictures of me waiting patiently:
088.jpg

091.jpg

My new friend
098.jpg

On the ride (no flash photography!) This guy scared off our tour guide and tried taking our valuables
104.jpg

But we found our way again, thanks to these munchkins!
112.jpg

113.jpg

116.jpg

Then it was time for lunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe
this was me waiting patiently!
117.jpg

After lunch we headed over to the Star Tours area. On our way, a really nice man asked if we wanted Toy Story Mania fast passes, so we gladly took them!

While we were waiting for our fastpass time to arrive, we went on The Back Lot Tours. Not sure why, but no "actors" this time!
118.jpg

127.jpg

128.jpg

134.jpg

136.jpg

That was fun!

Toy Story Mania!!!
137.jpg

138.jpg

139.jpg

Patiently waiting in the fast pass line!
142.jpg

Don't I look great in these glasses!?
143.jpg

This was our car
144.jpg

146.jpg

Wow! That was fun!

Dinner tonight was at the Garden Grill! Yuuummmm!

EPCOT!
156.jpg

158.jpg

The wait was less than 30 seconds from the time we got the beeper until it went off!
159.jpg

173.jpg

Me with some of my new friends!!!

177.jpg

184.jpg

After dinner, we went to Journey into Imagination with Figment!
193.jpg

196.jpg

209.jpg

Then onto Spaceship Earth!
210.jpg

211.jpg

We finished the night with Illuminations.....GREAT! My handlers noticed that it changed since they saw it last! The globe no longer opened up!

Today is the day we leave our "standard view" room and go to the CONCIERGE!!!!

My handler was told that we could check into Concierge at 7am, so we took our bags to bell services and had them hold them for us. We then were taken up to the Concierge level. My handler met a real nice lady who was working there. We got talking about all my travels and that this is my second trip with my handler and that we were on the cruise last month. She was leaving to go to Hawaii the following week. I really wanted to go with her, and have more adventures, but she said no:lmao:

We grabbed some breakfast and grabbed drinks to go (coffee, nesquik, and jungle juice) and we were off to EPCOT!

We ate at the Celler for lunch
257_zpsa730d62c.jpg

and then our room was ready!!!

871.jpg

Our room was on the opposite side of the lounge, so we had to walk past the Concierge desk and all the food offerings as we would come to and from our room. We were about the 5th room.

870.jpg
This is me on the railing outside the room
869.jpg

Me in the lounge
863.jpg

Over in the far corner was a tv and games for the children. They have 2 Wiis for the children to play in the afternoon!

Really cute. Enjoying your report, and your handler's or your owner's angle on the camera shots, so we see your point or view or what you are looking at.
Let us know what your handler or owner sees in the club lounge for food offerings. Also tell us what they say about the the food offerings, and if any appeal to you, Sailor.
My goodness, you can certainly ride a lot of rides for such a small seal. I am glad you are not subject to motion sickness.

Here are some of the food offerings at the lounge
these are the drinks offered from 7am-10pm
854.jpg

Here are the afternoon juices/tea/lemonade (jungle juice was available all day!)
855.jpg

teas
856.jpg

coffee
857.jpg

afternoon snacks
859.jpg

860.jpg

861.jpg

862.jpg

My handler's husband would not allow me to get my picture taken with breakfast offeings because it was too busy. It was also the same with the evening snacks and cordials.

After checking in and hanging out at the concierge lounge, we decided to head over to the Magic Kindgom... here are a few of my favorite rides!

251_zps73562a28.jpg

253_zpsc2c4f696.jpg

243_zps395335c2.jpg

248_zps79905a93.jpg

245_zps75568802.jpg

249_zps816daa6f.jpg

240_zps5ca5732c.jpg

238_zps7f06c4e3.jpg

233_zpsbbf4b0c2.jpg

234_zpscbb4c81f.jpg

235_zps9f85d5cd.jpg

236_zpsd723288a.jpg

237_zpse4fc6c27.jpg

and my favorite!!!
241_zpsfad0971d.jpg

Next up Captain's Grille for dinner
321_zps4ac85cfd.jpg

While we waited, I looked for the hidden Mickey on the globe
322_zpsff1cd2ef.jpg

I made another new friend
320_zpsc6c9ee29.jpg

Everyone got their food but my handler:furious:
323_zps8993a237.jpg

My handler decided this is on the NEVER again list!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter