?s on video camera features

juju

DIS Veteran
we have steered away from video cameras in the past because my husband would get dizzy (very motion sensitive...), I understand that for some time now, many if not all, have a feature that stabilizes the picture. Does this make a difference? Also any recommendations on cameras,other features? We already have a digital camera.

The feature that you are talking about stabilizes the picture from common hand shake that would occur. Yes, it works.

As far as cameras, you need to decide what format you want first- hi 8, digital 8, or DV.

My camera has the digital stabilization. When walking with the camera, it really helps. Also, with regulary hand shaking it is great. However, the picture is slightly darker, hardly anything at all, but it is different with the feature on and off. I wouldn't worry too much about it. The best feature to get when going to Disney is one with a great "dew" resistance. My camera would barely ever film at all. Too much dew in the air. Otherwise known as humidity. Forget taping right outside the a/c room, it took hours for the camera to acclimate to the humidity and by then, it was time to bring it back into a/c again.

We have a Sony Digital 8 Camcorder and love it. The filming is very stable and picture quality is excellent. The zoom is amazing (and our camera is at the low end of zoom). When we were in Yellowstone the zoom was as good as our binoculars!

We've never had any moisture problems - have used it at the ocean (it still has sand in it but it didn't affect the recording picture) and at Yellowstone around all of the geysers....

I would definitely choose a digital format over the Hi-8 the way the world is headed - it will give you more flexibility in the future if you want to use it with your computer or who knows what else they'll come out with!!! Also, with the Digital you can use a Laser Link so you don't have to hook your camera up to the TV (the laser link is an add on for about $50).

The camera also has many other features we've yet to use. It has night shot for filming in the dark (works!) and super night shot (haven't tried). It's also fun at the end of the vacation day to sit and watch what you've filmed on the little screen. We also purchased a few extra batteries so we didn't run out.

I'd love to get one of the smaller mini cameras but they are more $$$$ - so we have to wait until they come down in price....We paid around $600 for ours 2 years ago but I believe they've come down in price.

Ours also has a digital still camera in it (do you believe we've never used this feature!!!) I don't think the quality of the still camera is very good (not very high resolution - 1 pixel) so haven't pursued it but will when I get time.

We reallly like this Camcorder - it's easy to use! Both of my kids can easily film - they are 12 and 15. Sony makes a great product! Let me know if you have more ?'s.

Hope this helps......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter