S/D resort to Wide World of Sports Complex

Buckalew11

2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!
What is the best way to get there to pick up race info/register (whatever) on Saturday?

TIA

Most resorts will have busses to the complex. If available, that might be a good one. Otherwise, there is ample parking and parking is free. You can stash all your new found goodies in the trunk of your car :).

If you are arriving earlier--I would suggest hitting expo on Thursday evening or Friday.

Lisa, we won't arrive until Saturday morning. How much "new goodies" do you think we'll accumulate? We won't have a car-- TiffanyTC will pick us up at the airport.

I am wondering if we should take the boat over to MGM and then take a bus to the WWSC?

Help!! :)

Are you staying on property? If so there will be busses running from most resorts. They won't be a the WDW bust stops though. You'd have to find where in your complex the Expo busses are picking up. That might be quicker if you are checking into the resort first.

yes, we'll be at the S/D (the Swan, actually).

I didn't think about them having more buses because of the expo! That'll work if the front desk can tell me where those buses will be (I should be able to spot a bus though, huh? LOL)

I think I am getting nervous about this marathon and it is not even me running--it is DH! I think the transportation won't be as much of a worry as I was working it up to be in my mind. Thanks for both replies.

Best wsihes on your runs, ladies!!!

I would recommend taking the bus--I drove last year to the expo, and it was very crowded--waited in line to get in for about 20 minutes. Be sure and ask at the front desk where the marathon buses stop--it isn;t always at the bus stop for the park buses.

Another alternative might be to walk or boat over to MGM and catch the WWOS bus from there. I've been told that MGM offers this bus--I wonder why it is the only park that does??

...otherwise you could walk over to BW and catch the bus there also. I stayed there last year and will again this year. The bus picks up at the convention entrance, just before the WDW bus stop.

They have lots of goodies--not sure how much will be left by Saturday--but my race bag was full of stuff--more than what I picked up when I got my race materials.

This year I'm picking up my stuff and hubby's since I'm going on Thursday. We'll be taking the bus from Grand Floridian since we are going to tea there in the afternoon. We'll head to expo after tea time. Hubby arrives on Friday and I didn't feel like wasting time and he's a get down to business kind of guy. Not interested in all the expo stuff.

Hopefully, they will have some goodies left. It surely wouldn't be fair to the full marathoners who can't arrive until Saturday not to offered some of the same.
Luckily, DH isn't into all that too much. As long as he can get a shirt and a hat he'll be happy.

Thanks for all your help on this thread everyone. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter