Running for my Disney - Now a PTR!

Next outfit... Dapper Days evening ensemble :thumbsup2

The black patent Mary-Janes are flat and have 'comfort' soles, and will take over from the yellow heels when my feet are crying.

In running news, DH and I did 9.2km today. Still at fairly short intervals, but well under pace (maximum pace is 10 minute kms, we averaged about 8:15 minute kms). Was a beautiful day for a run and we decided to take the dogs to the Lilydale-Warburton Rail Trail for a change of scenery.

In other news, we really are having a rotten run of luck with the house at the moment. Our bedroom got flooded during the storms on Thursday night (and when I say flooded I mean literally underwater). We also had no power so DH managed to do a quick fix, then we had to mop up, all in the dark. DH had a big pile of clothes on the floor, which all got soaked. We've only just finished the last load of washing (washing machine/dryer have been going constantly since Friday afternoon when the power came back on). The carpet has been ripped out. Unfortunately insurance is a no-go - the excess is higher than it will cost us to re-carpet the bedroom. Luckily though, we were planning to re-carpet eventually. We'll just have a concrete bedroom floor for a while now in the meantime. I had Mum's running outfit in a 'packing' pile on the floor, so that got soaked too. The skirt wasn't too bad, but I needed to wash the top, which has now faded. So now I need to wash all the other 10k tops so we all match :rotfl2:

Great news with the run. Not so great news with the house. How awful that it flooded. Are your walls okay?

The outfit is gorgeous. Can't wait to see pics of the day.

Great news with the run. Not so great news with the house. How awful that it flooded. Are your walls okay?

The outfit is gorgeous. Can't wait to see pics of the day.

The skirting boards probably have some water damage, however they were already damaged and to be replaced, so no biggie :thumbsup2 The walls seem to be relatively unharmed. Although there was lots of water, we discovered it within half an hour, and managed to do a quick fix fairly much straight away, so it wasn't around for that long really.

I LOVE your Dapper Days outfit, I wish we could fit that in too. I did read up on swing dancing in Disney and wanted to do that but it's on Friday nights and MHP is on the Friday. Do you do rock & roll or swing?

I LOVE your Dapper Days outfit, I wish we could fit that in too. I did read up on swing dancing in Disney and wanted to do that but it's on Friday nights and MHP is on the Friday. Do you do rock & roll or swing?

Thanks :goodvibes I don't do rock & roll or swing dancing, but I can do a mean jive ;) I didn't know there was any swing dancing at Disney - that would be so much fun!

The next outfit featured is my Marie (Aristocats) inspired 'Disneybound' outfit.

You can't really see the jewellery, but I have a little Eiffel Tower necklace and some sparkly bow earrings. If I find some Marie earrings at DLR I'll probably wear them instead since I'll already have a bow in my hair.

For those who haven't heard of Disneybound, it's a way for adults to 'dress up' without wearing a costume, more like an outfit inspired by a Disney character/ride etc.

I really haven't done much on my trip this week :eek: Only 3 weekends to go (and we're going away this weekend - only one night though for SIL's birthday)!

Love the Marie outfit, that dress is gorgeous (I have an Eiffel Tower necklace too!)

Love the Marie outfit, that dress is gorgeous (I have an Eiffel Tower necklace too!)

I actually had real issues finding a suitable dress or skirt/top combination for Marie. All the stores still have their winter stuff out and the only dresses I could find were too formal/cocktaily. I'd actually given up on the idea when I found this dress in JayJays for a great price. Plus, they had a special when you bought 2 items or more, so I got a reasonably summery skirt as well for about $2 extra :thumbsup2

I don't usually wear necklaces, so I bought the Eiffel Tower necklace specially.

Oh My how gorgeous! I want to be Marie, I was wondering too!

Maybe I should have been a bit more specific than 'Marie' lol! I might fix that up.

Lol. No, I'm very much a dog person.

But I have to admit that a Marie inspired outfit is much classier than one inspired by 101 Dalmations :rotfl:

Hmm I must be the only person who is both a cat and a dog person. And a horse person. Lol! I've actually seen some very lovely Disney dog inspired outfits :thumbsup2

I had a few characters in mind, but as I mentioned, it was very hard finding casual summery clothes. The white dress was just the one I happened to find first. I certainly wasn't going to find anything in the summery colours that the other outfits called for :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter