Run Disney Race deferments

MICKEY1024

Mouseketeer
Does disney still offer deferments for their races. We are going to Disney during marathon weekend and was thinking of signing up for the half but might not be able to run it depending on a few things when the time comes.

No they do not. However, the do offer insurance now at an additional cost that will cover the cost of the bib if you have to cancel. Not sure if it is through active or if you still have to book a room through runDisney travel to get it. @rteetz can you confirm?

However, the do offer insurance now at an additional cost that will cover the cost of the bib if you have to cancel.

They do? I know active has it, but I'm not sure that's been allowed/offered for Disney races. Interesting.

From what I've read on the various FB groups, they have been doing case by case partial refunds (in the form of disney giftcards) for reasons they, at that time on that day, deem worthy.

OP, decide if you want the trip to be a race weekend. If you do, sign up for it and make it happen. If you don't, don't sign up for it. Even though they have been looking and refunds case by case, they probably won't do that for forever, and it's really best to just make it happen if doing the race is what you want to do.

They do? I know active has it, but I'm not sure that's been allowed/offered for Disney races. Interesting.

From what I've read on the various FB groups, they have been doing case by case partial refunds (in the form of disney giftcards) for reasons they, at that time on that day, deem worthy.

OP, decide if you want the trip to be a race weekend. If you do, sign up for it and make it happen. If you don't, don't sign up for it. Even though they have been looking and refunds case by case, they probably won't do that for forever, and it's really best to just make it happen if doing the race is what you want to do.

It has been a couple years but when I booked for Wine and Dine 2015 and booked a room through runDisney I was offered trip insurance that would cover the room, tickets, and cost of bib even though I bought the room months earlier.

No they do not. However, the do offer insurance now at an additional cost that will cover the cost of the bib if you have to cancel. Not sure if it is through active or if you still have to book a room through runDisney travel to get it. @rteetz can you confirm?
I believe they do offer some sort of trip insurance but I am not sure on how it works with the bib. There have been many different answers to that out there. I do know there are some outside companies that offer trip insurance that will cover the bib cost though. I do not know the name(s) of those companies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter