Rumor by agent - Blue Card min. going up

I think the possibility of DVC being given a VIP perk related to fast passes for “free” is almost zero. At best they might give you access to the same kind of perk they’ve been piloting for Club Level stays the past few years. But you pay for those, and they are not cheap. I don’t even think that is likely. There are just too many DVC members and it would affect the experience of the average, non DVC guest negatively.

Limiting access to an exchange it different because it’s not part of the real estate agreement. Resale members pay the same dues as direct members, so resale members must have the same access to the properties.

The best comp I can think of is the restriction on resale entering the Imagination Lounge vs Top of the World. Top of the World is part of BLT, so the dues pay for it. A resale member that is able to book at BLT has the same rights to access the lounge as direct members because the dues pay for it.
A reservation at a non home resort is technically and legally an exchange governed by the Multisite POS which offers far less constraints than for the home resort.

Allowing to bank up to 2 months before the end of the UY, bank twice, 5 waitlists or similar would cost nothing to DVC and be a better perk than anything they already have. But can they modify the booking system in such a way to affect only direct purchasers? Prossibly grandfathering everyone?

Those are part of home resort rules and regulations and I don’t think they can legally have different rules. Some things look me banking twice from my understanding most likely violates timeshare laws. DVCM is still required to balance the system to a 1:1 match for all owners.

The waitlist aspect...I don’t know... maybe.

Those are part of home resort rules and regulations and I don’t think they can legally have different rules. Some things look me banking twice from my understanding most likely violates timeshare laws. DVCM is still required to balance the system to a 1:1 match for all owners.

The waitlist aspect...I don’t know... maybe.
I do not think banking twice is forbidden. I own a timeshare with a resort in Orlando that allows to keep points for 5 years before they expire.

I do not think banking twice is forbidden. I own a timeshare with a resort in Orlando that allows to keep points for 5 years before they expire.

Good to know. I have read conflicting reports in different places. I do think it will still would violate the POS that currently exist in terms of making it a perk.

It isn't and even if it was currently in the POS, it could be changed just like DVD was able to get the change where direct buyers could bank up until the last day of the UY where resale buyers can't. I've seen far too many times in 25 years of timesharing where "they can't" or "they won't" turned into "they did" including with DVC.

It isn't and even if it was currently in the POS, it could be changed just like DVD was able to get the change where direct buyers could bank up until the last day of the UY where resale buyers can't. I've seen far too many times in 25 years of timesharing where "they can't" or "they won't" turned into "they did" including with DVC.
Or at least "they will try." With Reflections either biting the dust or just being postponed, Riviera will be the only DVC-2 for now. That is not what Disney had intended. They will probably try other measures in the future.

Is the blue card minimum going up true or just rumor?

It's always a rumor...until it's a true.

Even last year up until the day before with multiple confirmations people said it was just a rumor. Then it happened and a bunch of folks complained they didn't get to squeeze in their purchase because they couldn't get a hold of their CM, contracting was closed, etc.

If this is going to be a big enough thing to sway you, treat it as if it's true. If it's not, then continue as usual.

It's always a rumor...until it's a true.

Even last year up until the day before with multiple confirmations people said it was just a rumor. Then it happened and a bunch of folks complained they didn't get to squeeze in their purchase because they couldn't get a hold of their CM, contracting was closed, etc.

If this is going to be a big enough thing to sway you, treat it as if it's true. If it's not, then continue as usual.
No I am grandfathered. Just curious...

Or at least "they will try." With Reflections either biting the dust or just being postponed, Riviera will be the only DVC-2 for now. That is not what Disney had intended. They will probably try other measures in the future.
They can change it unilaterally as they have the right to vote it because we've sign over that right. The only alternative would be to contest it legally if they did make such changes.

What do you mean about direct buyers being able to bank up to the last day of the UY? I can't find this information online.

What do you mean about direct buyers being able to bank up to the last day of the UY? I can't find this information online.
It’s a sales perk, not an ongoing privilege. If someone buys direct near the end of their UY, they can bank the current year’s points even though the normal banking window has closed. For instance, if someone bought September UY today, they’d be in their 2019 UY, and the banking window closed April 30. However, they would be allowed to bank the 2019 points into the 2020 UY that begins September 1, as a one-time benefit of buying direct.

It’s a sales perk, not an ongoing privilege. If someone buys direct near the end of their UY, they can bank the current year’s points even though the normal banking window has closed. For instance, if someone bought September UY today, they’d be in their 2019 UY, and the banking window closed April 30. However, they would be allowed to bank the 2019 points into the 2020 UY that begins September 1, as a one-time benefit of buying direct.
I'm pretty certain it's written into the POS now else they couldn't do so. IF you bought a direct Sept UY you would get 2019 points and be able to bank the one time.

I see. Do they make you pay the maintenance fees on the points? We are considering joining direct soon with an October UY if they will let us buy from 2 different sold out resorts
I'm pretty certain it's written into the POS now else they couldn't do so. IF you bought a direct Sept UY you would get 2019 points and be able to bank the one time.
Thanks for explaining.

I see. Do they make you pay the maintenance fees on the points? We are considering joining direct soon with an October UY if they will let us buy from 2 different sold out resorts

Thanks for explaining.
You pay a prorated amount for the remainder of the calendar year, this too is a sales perk. It's a minimal savings and IMO, not worth waiting for this reason because you have less time to use the points and there could be other changes like a price increase or even an increase in the direct requirements.

That ability to allow direct buyers to bank late with purchase is part of the Home Resort Rules and Regulations...in case anyone is interested in finding it specifically in the documents!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter