• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RPR early check-in?

Cleopatra9702

Earning My Ears
My DH and I should be landing in Orlando around 11ish on Monday the 10th. We will pick up our luggage and retrieve our rental car...from there we will head over to RPR. I know that their check-in time is not until 4pm, but we will probably be arriving before 1 or 2pm.

My question is, does RPR have an early check-in policy? Our travel agent mentioned that we might be able to check-in early or leave our bags with the staff and go to the parks if our room is not ready yet. Has anyone else encountered this situtation? What did you do? If it came down to it, I would think we could get our room key and leave our bags in the rental car, but I would feel safer if they were locked in our room. What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance,
~Sara :Pinkbounc

There are a lot of post on this very topic! But, YES, you can check-in at anytime. If your room is not ready, they will store your luggage, and yes, you will be given your key as to take advantage of fotl at the park(s).

Call Loews and let them know. The agent said that she would request early check-in for us without me even asking and we'll see how it goes.

After you check in early, they will hold your luggage in a guarded storage room. Then they will give you a card with a phone # to call (actually 2 #s, one if you're still on the grounds, and another if you're at the parks or something.) and check later on the status of your room. That way, you don't have to worry about being back to check and waste a trip from the parks.

As stated by the other posters, you can definitely check in early, get your rooms keys (at this point they don't work because you don't have a room assignment, but you can use them for FOTL), check your bags and you are on your way. Don't count on the room being ready. I have never had any luck getting into a room before check-in time. The only exception to that was our last trip to RPR, one of my teens was not feeling well and I had to practically beg them to get me into a room so she could lie down. At first they said no, but I went back to the desk and pleaded with them. We couldn't sit around the lobby with a sick kid for hours!! Finally, a very nice young man took over and found us a room we could have immediately.

Great, this makes me feel much better. I'm glad that we will be able to get our keycards so we can hit the parks and that our luggage will be secure. I was really worried that our bags would be stolen out of our rental car...you never know. I guess I am just a little paranoid.

I'm just praying that our luggage makes it down there....it's both mine and my DH's first plane trip and I've heard rumors that sometimes luggage can take a wrong turn and end up someplace else. I'm just hoping that doesn't happen.

Thanks again,
~Sara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter