Rough Seas - Hurricane Tammy?

We just did the 6 night and the first night we overnighted, then day 2 we left the dock around 5:30pm. We stayed out at sea the second night and redocked in the morning around 9am. We then left for good on day three around 5:30pm.
thanks for clarifying!

wait - seriously? the Oct 27th sailing was changed to Canada? the 17th was Canada- are you sure?
Yes, 💯. We received an email yesterday that the itinerary is unsuitable due to the post tropical cyclone that is hitting Bermuda so the itinerary was changed to Saint John, New Brunswick.

Yes, 💯. We received an email yesterday that the itinerary is unsuitable due to the post tropical cyclone that is hitting Bermuda so the itinerary was changed to Saint John, New Brunswick.
I see - bummer I'm sorry to hear that if your heart was set on bermuda

I am in the Dream on 11/4 out of NYC ending in San Juan ( I guess repositioning) making stops in Bermuda and Tortola.
I am wondering with the Caribbean looking pretty stormy what will happen?

It 10 days away. Fingers crossed. I have plans to stay in PR for 3 nights before flying home to NJ.

👍🏻🚢🌴😎
We leave on the Dream on the 31st to Bermuda and come back on the 4th. Waiting to see if we have a change in our trip.

and hopefully you got to select some good excursions
I see - bummer I'm sorry to hear that if your heart was set on bermuda
Thanks, I’m absolutely fine with the change. We actually wound up on a spur of the moment NCL (👎🏻) cruise to Bermuda over the summer so the change doesn’t disappoint me. We are not able to pick excursions until we are on the board, but I purchased the length of cruise Rainforest Room pass so there’s always that!

Thanks, I’m absolutely fine with the change. We actually wound up on a spur of the moment NCL (👎🏻) cruise to Bermuda over the summer so the change doesn’t disappoint me. We are not able to pick excursions until we are on the board, but I purchased the length of cruise Rainforest Room pass so there’s always that!
oh wow they won't let you book excursions until you're on board? ugh that line.....

we have length of cruise rainforest passes too but if we swap to Canada on 10/31 I'd be interested in that whale watching excursion.

I wonder what will happen with my repositioning cruise on 11/4 that ends in San Juan, PR??

Would they bring us back after Bermuda to NYC?
Or would we go to Castaway and disembark at Port Canaveral?

Guests are all scheduled fly home from PR.
Reimbursements??

Has anyone every experienced something like this?

Here is 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻and hoping the weather clears. Happy and safe sailing to all!

🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻😎🚢🌴👍🏻

👎, really? We are booked NCL Nov 4-10th NYC<=>Bermuda. First time

We are cautiously optimistic. Even though it will not be Disney.

👎, really? We are booked NCL Nov 4-10th NYC<=>Bermuda. First time

We are cautiously optimistic. Even though it will not be Disney.
Hopefully you will have a better experience! For us, the lack of service was surprising. At most meals, parts of the meals were left off. We had a specialty dinner reserved for a celebration. We waited over an hour for our table which was sitting empty the whole time, then service was so slow that some from our group had to eat fast and leave before dessert to make a show they wanted to see. Another night, Someone ordered a specialty steak for an extra $30 that they couldn’t even cut through. The servers honestly couldn’t be bothered. I do think they were under staffed and over worked. Some days our room didn’t get made up until 4 PM. Every venue/club was packed like sardines. This was the Escape. I’ve heard better stories about other ships. Hope it’s better for you !!

I'd think they normally would stay docked. Because of the reef surrounding Bermuda, you can only go into or out of it during daylight hours and must have a pilot on board. That would be a lot of work and most ships that are there overnight stay docked. I'd consider late dinner out (though realize that taxis are going to be expensive), but I'd go back to the ship to sleep. You've already paid for a cabin - why pay a ton more for a hotel room?

AFAIK, Castaway Cay is the only place they absolutely do not overnight.
IIRC from a post I saw on social media, they left Bermuda to do Pirate Night. Their plan was to re-dock in the morning for day 2 in Bermuda, though once Tammy started bearing down they just stayed out to sea.

Not sure if that's always how they handle the itineraries with 2 days in Bermuda, but for this one they left port specifically to do Pirate Night.

I wonder what will happen with my repositioning cruise on 11/4 that ends in San Juan, PR??

Would they bring us back after Bermuda to NYC?
Or would we go to Castaway and disembark at Port Canaveral?

Guests are all scheduled fly home from PR.
Reimbursements??

Has anyone every experienced something like this?

Here is 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻and hoping the weather clears. Happy and safe sailing to all!

🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻😎🚢🌴👍🏻
DCL can typically sail around storms, of course depending on where the storm is and how big it is. I would imagine their primary goal (after safety of everyone, of course) would be to get you to San Juan on time, as that is the least disruption for passengers and for DCL. That could mean skipping a port so DCL can go around the storm and still get to PR on time.

Logistically, it could be very hard for DCL to end the cruise in a different port. There might not be 'room' for a DCL ship (or a second DCL ship, in the case of PC) and it could be costly to book last-minute. I was on the Fantasy last September when we almost didn't make it back to PC on time because of Ian. While we made it back on time, the Wish cruise that was supposed to dock at PC on Friday could not because the port was still closed. Instead of having the Wish dock Saturday and the Fantasy dock Sunday, which would have disrupted two disembarkations and two embarkations, they had the Fantasy dock on time and had the Wish dock Sunday. It gave the Wish two extra days, and the sailing that was supposed to depart on Friday was just cancelled. Of course every situation is different, just giving you an example of DCL's strategy when dealing with a disembarkation port that isn't available as scheduled.

IIRC from a post I saw on social media, they left Bermuda to do Pirate Night. Their plan was to re-dock in the morning for day 2 in Bermuda, though once Tammy started bearing down they just stayed out to sea.

Not sure if that's always how they handle the itineraries with 2 days in Bermuda, but for this one they left port specifically to do Pirate Night.
Interesting. It seems like a lot of added work and expense when they could just do it on the way to or from in open ocean.

Interesting. It seems like a lot of added work and expense when they could just do it on the way to or from in open ocean.
I agree it seemed weird, I personally would have liked more time in Bermuda.

They made the decision not to come back for Bermuda day 3 around 10.30/11am on day 2. They didn’t decide once we had already left. NCL docked around 1.30pm on Tuesday until Wednesday evening so really not sure why we couldn’t have stayed if they did!

I agree it seemed weird, I personally would have liked more time in Bermuda.

They made the decision not to come back for Bermuda day 3 around 10.30/11am on day 2. They didn’t decide once we had already left. NCL docked around 1.30pm on Tuesday until Wednesday evening so really not sure why we couldn’t have stayed if they did!
Yeah, I was there on Celebrity Summit this summer and we stayed for 2 nights.

It sounds like in your case something may have shifted with currents making it impossible to get back into the reef and to the dock.

We leave on the Dream on the 31st to Bermuda and come back on the 4th. Waiting to see if we have a change in our trip.
We are on the same sailing. I’m thinking we may make it to Bermuda, but it’s forecasted to be rainy. I’d almost rather go to Canada.

We are on the same sailing. I’m thinking we may make it to Bermuda, but it’s forecasted to be rainy. I’d almost rather go to Canada.
eh the percentage chance of rain keeps dropping.

I'm fine with either to be honest. even in rain. our first cruise was eastern Caribbean and it poured buckets in jost van dyke at times and misted other times. was actually cool.

see you on the ship - if you see a morticia and Wednesday with a ted lasso and bowser/balloon animal that's me. or a haunted mansion family. or barbie with glass slippers. or woodland aurora. lol

eh the percentage chance of rain keeps dropping.

I'm fine with either to be honest. even in rain. our first cruise was eastern Caribbean and it poured buckets in jost van dyke at times and misted other times. was actually cool.

see you on the ship - if you see a morticia and Wednesday with a ted lasso and bowser/balloon animal that's me. or a haunted mansion family. or barbie with glass slippers. or woodland aurora. lol
Noice! I’ll be wearing Hocus Pocus ears, dress, backpack, and crocs on embarkation day! I’ll def look for you guys! Aadams Family has always been a fav - can’t wait to see you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter