RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere that each boarding group is about 150 people each. Does anyone know if that's currently true? ThrillData shows that the past hour had 12 boarding groups. That means 1800 riders (assuming they all ride within the hour). So are we now looking at full capacity?

8:50 Ride broke when we were about 25 people from front. Chewie came, bananas, water. Also they allowed us to walk to the front and use the restroom and then go back to our spot.

How does using the restroom work when you're that far in the queue? Did they give out bathroom passes that were mentioned months ago, where one of your party members waits in line? Or is there some kind of restroom in the queue near the front?

Called at 1:20, got in line about 2:00, out at 3:15. Might have held up the line a tad, the vehicle wouldn't read our seatbelts as buckled for about 3 minutes.

I read somewhere that each boarding group is about 150 people each. Does anyone know if that's currently true? ThrillData shows that the past hour had 12 boarding groups. That means 1800 riders (assuming they all ride within the hour). So are we now looking at full capacity?
I'm estimating that BG size is closer to 100, but not certain.

Last edited:
How does using the restroom work when you're that far in the queue? Did they give out bathroom passes that were mentioned months ago, where one of your party members waits in line? Or is there some kind of restroom in the queue near the front?

When I was going through the queue I asked one of the cast members standing partway through (I think before the first rack of stuff, the weapons rack) what was behind the mysterious corridor they were guarding - they said it was a bathroom... so at least there is a bathroom or two along the queue, I presume you'd just use that and have your party hang out letting others pass until you were done? I never saw anyone make use of it.

I seem to recall two separate points along the line that had cast members by hallways, maybe both are bathrooms...

I just opened the app and couldn’t believe they were on 104 already! Seems like they’re making great progress today, fingers crossed this is the new trend!

I think the groups are much smaller than that. I’m about to ride so I’ll try to notice, but so far every ride has still had about half the cars empty.

I just entered the line and I can at least say that the line is backed MUCH further up than any other time. Barely got to the inside portion of the queue before stopping. I’m anticipating the way being about 45 minutes to preshow instead of 20-30 I’m used to.

They might just be allowing the queue to build up more as confidence of reliability builds. That would be a reason to get an earlier BG as I’ve been previously opposed to since wait times have generally been about the same regardless of when your group is called.

Personally I’d rather they call the groups slower and let the wait time be shorter.

I see 109 currently. Do we have a report for highest group today?

I haven’t seen anyone report anything higher than 100, so obviously more than that. Based on the average distribution time my best guess is 135.

*edit: someone said 109 at 7:15. So I’m sticking with 130-140 as my guess.

I think the groups are much smaller than that. I’m about to ride so I’ll try to notice, but so far every ride has still had about half the cars empty.

I just entered the line and I can at least say that the line is backed MUCH further up than any other time. Barely got to the inside portion of the queue before stopping. I’m anticipating the way being about 45 minutes to preshow instead of 20-30 I’m used to.

They might just be allowing the queue to build up more as confidence of reliability builds. That would be a reason to get an earlier BG as I’ve been previously opposed to since wait times have generally been about the same regardless of when your group is called.

Personally I’d rather they call the groups slower and let the wait time be shorter.

It was still right at 30 minutes to the preshow. So it does seem they are running at higher capacity since the line was much longer but moved faster.

currently in the hallway after the big room and it’s filled about twice what it normally is. Both sides of the queue filled.

Or are they cars we vacated returning to the load area?

Last edited:
So it’s probably been discussed and I just missed it, but my wife noticed something when we rode just now.

In the very first room of the ride where we are always seeing empty cars (I believe this is where reports of running the ride at half capacity has been coming from), she said those are the cars that were just unloaded going back to the loading room which makes a lot of sense.

So it’s probably been discussed and I just missed it, but my wife noticed something when we rode just now.

In the very first room of the ride where we are always seeing empty cars (I believe this is where reports of running the ride at half capacity has been coming from), she said those are the cars that were just unloaded going back to the loading room which makes a lot of sense.
Remember to try and keep this comments as spoiler free as possible in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter