RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw that wdwmagic is reporting the Sunday AM EMHs on 12/15 and 12/22 are changing to PM EMHs too, although this is NOT reflected on the app or website hours at the moment. FWIW.

From your mouth to Mickey's ears. Mama needs an 8am Slinky Fastpass, it's my last white whale of the trip.

Can anyone there today tell me if they are still only letting you enter SWGE from the Muppets side and not from TSL? Just trying to figure out which land to hit first to minimize having to go the long way 'round. If we manage to pull an 8am Slinky FP I think we'll try for MFSR first, otherwise we'll try Slinky first.

From your mouth to Mickey's ears. Mama needs an 8am Slinky Fastpass, it's my last white whale of the trip.

Can anyone there today tell me if they are still only letting you enter SWGE from the Muppets side and not from TSL? Just trying to figure out which land to hit first to minimize having to go the long way 'round. If we manage to pull an 8am Slinky FP I think we'll try for MFSR first, otherwise we'll try Slinky first.

At least first thing in the morning, people have reported not being able to enter SWGE from TSL.

Saw that wdwmagic is reporting the Sunday AM EMHs on 12/15 and 12/22 are changing to PM EMHs too, although this is NOT reflected on the app or website hours at the moment. FWIW.
I can confirm they have also made those changes for January as well.

HS is going to have 8am opening instead of 9. Also, EMHs have moved from morning to evening.

This levels the playing field for onsite vs offsite guests when competing for the BGs. There is no longer the advantage we saw last EMH of being in the park to grab a BG before the majority of the offsite guests enter the park.

Just got the update from touring plans that am EMH gone Jan 12 and PM EMH added. I am so excited since that is the only day we can go DHs. I was hoping Disney would just scrap AM EMH at this point since regular park days seem to work so much better.
We will be walking over from Yacht club at 5am that day

Last edited:
I can confirm they have also made those changes for January as well.

HS is going to have 8am opening instead of 9. Also, EMHs have moved from morning to evening.

This levels the playing field for onsite vs offsite guests when competing for the BGs. There is no longer the advantage we saw last EMH of being in the park to grab a BG before the majority of the offsite guests enter the park.

Yeah, that was reported about 4 pages ago. But that’s OK, fast moving thread. :goodvibes:goodvibes

Starting next Friday looks like they moved the closing time from 9P to 10P until the 30th, unless it was like that before, but pretty sure it wasnt.

How does a pm EMH help what happened last Sunday? BGs will still fill immediately upon opening in the am.

It will at least make sure that the early bird gets the worm, like on other days - but even though RotR is not included in EMH I thought they'd figure out a way to give some benefit to getting on RotR.

Okay, this works out better for January 19 visit, other than having to show up at 5:30 a.m. I also appreciated the mention above about data vs wifi; most of my experience in Disney parks has been that wifi is just awful, to the point that I routinely use data while visiting.

How does a pm EMH help what happened last Sunday? BGs will still fill immediately upon opening in the am.

It will at least make sure that the early bird gets the worm, like on other days - but even though RotR is not included in EMH I thought they'd figure out a way to give some benefit to getting on RotR.
It helps because they can open the boarding groups as they let people into the park rather than waiting an hour as they did on Sunday. Makes it a little simpler.

I doubt the goal is to give any benefit to any particular type of guest. I suspect the goal is to efficiently deal with the large volume of guests that arrive early and AM EMHs just make that operationally complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter