Rosie Roams in 2016 Amish Country/ Sad News

Hi Rosie! I forgot how hidden your batsignals are!

Your Lancaster trip timing will be at a very busy time for me. Quarter-end at work means weekends and evenings. And, in July we'll be preparing for Lauren's wedding later in the month. But I know you'll have a great time in Lancaster. I actually met Julius Sturgis at that pretzel factory (he showed me how to twist a pretzel) when we went to Lancaster on vacation back when I was about 12. He was in his nineties. I'm guessing he's passed on by now!

Hi Rosie! I forgot how hidden your batsignals are!

Your Lancaster trip timing will be at a very busy time for me. Quarter-end at work means weekends and evenings. And, in July we'll be preparing for Lauren's wedding later in the month. But I know you'll have a great time in Lancaster. I actually met Julius Sturgis at that pretzel factory (he showed me how to twist a pretzel) when we went to Lancaster on vacation back when I was about 12. He was in his nineties. I'm guessing he's passed on by now!

Sorry you wont be able to us at all!! The more I am reading the more I know I am going to LOVE it !! When Carol takes us to this restaurant he knows that has the best strawberry pie EVAH!! according to her , I will let you know the name and location!! I know she said we would eat at Millers the first night and their smorgosborg while not cheap sounds amazing !!

Yes, chow chow is a relish type item...........and used as a "condiment" to add to the taste of some dishes. There are many variations depending on what part of the country.... some hotter, and some sweeter, so make sure you know which you're getting! :rolleyes1

So lets get back to our favorite place , which to get to we must fly ... sorry Carol

Now the real reason Carol goes every year with m is....

Here is our Dawn with ?Sleeping Beauty!!

and here is our Craig

Will he get Bob & Carol straight this year ( Marv & Pat) Lord knows what he'll call Liesa:rotfl2:

The plan is to head to ..

I have no ressie for Thursday night we both really like

Other choices would be Cosmic Ray's or Pinochio Village House !!

I can't wait till I can make my FP+ for this trip!!

Yes, chow chow is a relish type item...........and used as a "condiment" to add to the taste of some dishes. There are many variations depending on what part of the country.... some hotter, and some sweeter, so make sure you know which you're getting! :rolleyes1

I will check out the Hotness of the chow chow !! Still nothing tops my British Branton Pickles !!

I see a LOT of troublemakers in those pictures! :rolleyes1

:rotfl: Maybe we can give Craig some suggestions............. :scratchin

What might those suggestions Be :confused3:rotfl2:

On a more serious note one of my relief staff called off yesterday her 4 year old son went to a pool party with his uncle and fell into the pool and no one notice , his cousin asked the uncle where he was as he couldn't se him , they spotted him at the bottom of the pool , got him out and did cpr till the medic arrived and THNAK GOD he is okay , poor Sophia she says her kids are never going to another party unless she is with them !! But this just shows how quick trajedy can happen !!

On a more serious note one of my relief staff called off yesterday her 4 year old son went to a pool party with his uncle and fell into the pool and no one notice , his cousin asked the uncle where he was as he couldn't se him , they spotted him at the bottom of the pool , got him out and did cpr till the medic arrived and THNAK GOD he is okay , poor Sophia she says her kids are never going to another party unless she is with them !! But this just shows how quick trajedy can happen !!

I got to 4 year old and pool party and had to stop. I knew what was coming next. Luckily I also saw THANK GOD he is okay.

:teacher: We are in "the season" so I will step up to my soap box and plead to all those going anywhere near water this summer to PLEASE
- NEVER swim alone and teach your children to ask permission before entering any water.
- Keep a close eye on those who can't swim even if they do not intend on getting IN the water.
- Always have a "watcher" at pool parties and neighborhood backyard pool gatherings. Too many times everyone assumes someone else is watching and sadly no one is. Something as simple as a card on a lanyard to remind the adult they are " on duty " to watch works.

OKay I am done now..... Thanks Rosie and sorry for hijacking but so glad the the little boy is okay. :fish:

I got to 4 year old and pool party and had to stop. I knew what was coming next. Luckily I also saw THANK GOD he is okay.

:teacher: We are in "the season" so I will step up to my soap box and plead to all those going anywhere near water this summer to PLEASE
- NEVER swim alone and teach your children to ask permission before entering any water.
- Keep a close eye on those who can't swim even if they do not intend on getting IN the water.
- Always have a "watcher" at pool parties and neighborhood backyard pool gatherings. Too many times everyone assumes someone else is watching and sadly no one is. Something as simple as a card on a lanyard to remind the adult they are " on duty " to watch works.

OKay I am done now..... Thanks Rosie and sorry for hijacking but so glad the the little boy is okay. :fish:

I knew you would know the dangers , When she told me they spotted him on the bottom of the pool and he had "pooped" himself , thank god they brother knew CPR and the ambulance arrived quickly . The miracle is he seems to have NO brain damage , she said he was playing with her phone a kids game in the ER !!

I am having trouble with FP+ I have been playing around with the new system for awhile now and I WAS able to just delete the fictional dates I wa doing by clicking on the picture , now it isn't working plus when I pull up a calander it is just 1 day of the week for the month????? Anyone any idea what is going on ?? I know I can't get my actual FP+'s till 2 months out , but what is going on !!

I didn't even know you could play with the FP+ system until you were 2 months out. Maybe I should check it out to see.

I'm SO GLAD to hear your friend's son is ok!!! That is such a scary story!

I didn't even know you could play with the FP+ system until you were 2 months out. Maybe I should check it out to see.

I'm SO GLAD to hear your friend's son is ok!!! That is such a scary story!
Maybe I shouldn't have played with it and am being punished :confused3:rotfl2:

Today I received an email from one of the Big Wigs of the Self Advocates in Western New York. She included a really disturbing video clip of Comedian Gary Owens , making mockery of a "cousin" who was retarded having a STD. It was sickening, and then the camera turned on the audience and they were laughing. I just don't understand how anyone can be that cruel !!

Lord knows what he'll call Liesa:rotfl2:

OH, the places I could go with that...

:rotfl: Maybe we can give Craig some suggestions............. :scratchin

HEY, who let the riff-raff in?!

(For the record, there are definitely a few suggestions I could offer... for more than just myself. ;) )

PHEW! We also had a close call with Michaela in Ecuador. Very scary! So, SO happy he is going to be ok!

I knew you would know the dangers , When she told me they spotted him on the bottom of the pool and he had "pooped" himself , thank god they brother knew CPR and the ambulance arrived quickly . The miracle is he seems to have NO brain damage , she said he was playing with her phone a kids game in the ER !!

It is amazing and great that a full recovery was made. Somehow, kids are resilient that way.

I know I will probably get in trouble for this, but I have to brag on my sweetie a little. :love: She got to get on her soapbox and make a presentation recently on this topic and got a lot of recognition for it from those in attendance. She has been invited to appear on a local TV morning show to talk about children and water safety. So proud of her!!! :love2:

Today I received an email from one of the Big Wigs of the Self Advocates in Western New York. She included a really disturbing video clip of Comedian Gary Owens , making mockery of a "cousin" who was retarded having a STD. It was sickening, and then the camera turned on the audience and they were laughing. I just don't understand how anyone can be that cruel !!
:mad: Sadly it's the world we live in now!

(For the record, there are definitely a few suggestions I could offer... for more than just myself. ;) )
Well I know I'm safe 'cause you definitely can't be talking about Bob............. :goodvibes

OH, the places I could go with that...

HEY, who let the riff-raff in?!

He just drops in everywhere except on his own thread :rotfl2:

Hey this is family oriented thread there Lady:rotfl2:

PHEW! We also had a close call with Michaela in Ecuador. Very scary! So, SO happy he is going to be ok!
Kids and pools are scary!!

It is amazing and great that a full recovery was made. Somehow, kids are resilient that way.

Yes they are!!

I know I will probably get in trouble for this, but I have to brag on my sweetie a little. :love: She got to get on her soapbox and make a presentation recently on this topic and got a lot of recognition for it from those in attendance. She has been invited to appear on a local TV morning show to talk about children and water safety. So proud of her!!! :love2:

Me too !!!!

:mad: Sadly it's the world we live in now!

It was just sooo disturbing !!

Well I know I'm safe 'cause you definitely can't be talking about Bob............. :goodvibes

Continuing with our plans for October . I see that MK closes at 7p on our first day , so we will not have as much time there ,

Can't wait to see this

and the be off to see this

And the next day to reunite with

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter