Rose and Crown non package seating?

TheDailyMoo

DIS Veteran
If I have a reservation close to fireworks but not a fireworks package how does the seating work? I know any patio seating is first come first served but is there an option for any dinner guest to go to the outdoor patio to view the fireworks?

We had a reservation for 8:00 at R&C last August. We were seated on the patio, but not in the prime fireworks viewing area.

We were given the choice of going to the R&C private patio for standing up and watching from our table.
We chose to go down to the patio and had a great view of the fireworks!

We had a reservation for 8:00 at R&C last August. We were seated on the patio, but not in the prime fireworks viewing area.

We were given the choice of going to the R&C private patio for standing up and watching from our table.
We chose to go down to the patio and had a great view of the fireworks!
Are you talking about the small space they have roped off that you go to by exiting the restaurant or did they allow you to watch from the patio reserved for the Fireworks Package guests?

I would hate that they diminished the value of the package if they are now allowing guests who did not pay for the experience to move into that space.

Are you talking about the small space they have roped off that you go to by exiting the restaurant or did they allow you to watch from the patio reserved for the Fireworks Package guests?

I would hate that they diminished the value of the package if they are now allowing guests who did not pay for the experience to move into that space.
I would like to know this too. I was just about to book this but now I'm hesitating. I'm going to back off until someone clarifies.

Yes. I’m talking about the small roped off section for those dining at R&C. However, we were seated in the patio, just not in prime firework viewing table. We easily could have stayed at our table and still had a decent view of the fireworks.

Of course I still remember the days when prime patio seating was the luck of the draw instead of yet another up charge.

Yes. I’m talking about the small roped off section for those dining at R&C. However, we were seated in the patio, just not in prime firework viewing table. We easily could have stayed at our table and still had a decent view of the fireworks.

Of course I still remember the days when prime patio seating was the luck of the draw instead of yet another up charge.
So this area ... outside of the restaurant?

319708358_1527875504396798_763638111844661926_n (1).jpg

There are outside tables along the side of the restaurant and they are not used for the fireworks package. The tables that face directly at the water are supposed to be only package buyers.

This picture is on side patio, the seats behind me and the one with our beers and next one are not for the fireworks package. So while you can see some, not an optimal view.

My concern is a few folks have posted they were allowed to leave their table and enter the party patio to watch and if that is happening why would I pay for the party??

441042691_795621005534455_9005612572128330402_n.jpg

I'm still not clear. Did you leave your non-package patio table and venture to the patio section occupied by guests who paid for the fireworks dining package? Or did you go somewhere else entirely ( a third space)? I don't want to reserve the fireworks package for private viewing with a small seated group and then have the rest of the restaurant's guests crowding around my table during the show. I'd like to be clear on this before I book.

I'm still not clear. Did you leave your non-package patio table and venture to the patio section occupied by guests who paid for the fireworks dining package? Or did you go somewhere else entirely ( a third space)? I don't want to reserve the fireworks package for private viewing with a small seated group and then have the rest of the restaurant's guests crowding around my table during the show. I'd like to be clear on this before I book.
I absolutely would hate it too if I paid extra for something and then others came in that did not pay. However I would like a separate area where we can be outside and watch the fireworks...even if it's standing next to a garbage can that's been filled with fish and chips trash sitting out in the July sun all day!

In reality I have booked a later seating on July 4th (yay for celebrating our nation's birth in a facsimile of an English pub!) As long as we can be outdoors anywhere I will keep the reservation. I don't expect to be in the party patio but again anywhere outside where I don't have to fight for a viewing area from 5:00. This is assuming we are sat indoors, worst case scenario. If anywhere outdoors in the non party area then that's more than perfect. Don't care about obstructed view much. I just love the fourth at Epcot!

As I said before, we left our side patio seats to go to the small roped off fireworks viewing patio. We could have stayed at our table- probably standing as server suggested, and had a fairly good view but would not have intruded in those who booked the package

I wouldn’t book the package because I felt the choices if both food and drink were limited and not to me liking. I’d rather pay fir a fireworks cruise with even better viewing

Previous CM from rose and crown here… the additional viewing area for guests not on lower deck is definitely the roped off section at the side of the restaurant. Guests have never been taken down to lower deck for fireworks, and I’d say it’s even more unlikely now that people are paying for that privilege.
Thank you for your first hand knowledge! So if I have an 8:20 pm seating on the 4th of July, whether I am on the patio or inside...me and my family will be able to be SOMEWHERE in the roped off area outside for the actual show? And that roped off area is just for guests of R+C right? Thanks again!

Yes that’s correct… if you’re seated on top deck or inside then your server will offer to take you to the roped off section to the side of the entrance. And only R&C guests can enter that area. When I was there it was always manned by a CM to let the people in when brought down by their server so I would assume it’s still the same :)

@TheDailyMoo The roped off area may not always be available. My DH proposed to me at Disney. The next day we’re in Epcot and we were pixie dusted that spot with a bottle of champagne and desserts. They did not let anyone else use the space. A CM stood outside the rope. I have seen other couples in that spot so I’m guessing they pixie dust that area occasionally. (We always look because it was such a cool experience) I just wouldn’t want someone to be disappointed if they book R&C it’s not available.

I absolutely would hate it too if I paid extra for something and then others came in that did not pay. However I would like a separate area where we can be outside and watch the fireworks...even if it's standing next to a garbage can that's been filled with fish and chips trash sitting out in the July sun all day!

In reality I have booked a later seating on July 4th (yay for celebrating our nation's birth in a facsimile of an English pub!) As long as we can be outdoors anywhere I will keep the reservation. I don't expect to be in the party patio but again anywhere outside where I don't have to fight for a viewing area from 5:00. This is assuming we are sat indoors, worst case scenario. If anywhere outdoors in the non party area then that's more than perfect. Don't care about obstructed view much. I just love the fourth at Epcot!

I've done the fireworks package on the 4th, and it was a great view. I highly recommend it if you can book it.

However, there would be no room at all for anyone not paying for the package to get into the viewing area. We were tight. I wish I could say how good the view is elsewhere at the Rose and Crown, but I couldn't tell you.

Usually, patio seating is first-come-first-served, but if you're there for dinner, chances are you can snag a spot to enjoy the fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter