Rope Dropping EPCOT - International Gateway

Just out of curiosity - how does Disney expect folks to get to the Boardwalk Entertainment area if they are taking an Uber?

Disney transportation. Park at studios and walk or boat. Or take a bus from another park.
Yeah right.... and I guess I should do the same if I am going to Trader Sam's as well?

Been down the road and stuck going to Disney Spring and then Back to the hotel - no thanks.

I'll stick to what I have done in the past and worked fine two weeks ago.. until it doesn't

Yeah right.... and I guess I should do the same if I am going to Trader Sam's as well?
Yes. The guards will turn you away if you do not have a reservation at one of the restaurants (and no, the quick service does not count.)

I've been turned away when I wanted to go into the gift shop and buy tiki glasses. Now I expect to be turned away so I use the Disney transportation.

Just out of curiosity - how does Disney expect folks to get to the Boardwalk Entertainment area if they are taking an Uber?
Frankly, I think this is a good question. I know that lots of resorts, especially Boardwalk, have parking problems and the guests are the priority but maybe Disney should have considered increased parking space at the Boardwalk? Just an idea.

I'd get a bus from TTC to Yacht club and walk or take the boat from there. (EDIT: probably not TTC but MK and bus to Epcot)
Uber is also an option.

Yacht Club is my choice just as its one stop on the boat or a short (IMO) walk.
They won't be able to do this to make rope drop. Even if the catch the first bus, they'll be far behind the crowds and really defeating the purpose of going to that entrance to begin with.

OP, if it were us, we'd rope drop through normal entrance for your resort and do test track/frozen first. If we were set on rope dropping Remy then we'd uber to swan/dolph EARLY and walk to IG.

Frankly, I think this is a good question. I know that lots of resorts, especially Boardwalk, have parking problems and the guests are the priority but maybe Disney should have considered increased parking space at the Boardwalk? Just an idea.
That would be a nice improvement. In practice, they have reduced parking at the BW during ongoing room renovations, taking up spaces for trailers of materials, etc. When we were there for a week at the end of January/beginning of February, I could not find a parking space for our rental on two occasions when we returned to the resort after dining at other resorts. This was around 7:30-8:00 pm each time, so prior to Epcot closing time. After circling the parking lot for 20 minutes, I valet parked and went to the front desk to report my problem. The manager on duty refunded the valet parking fees each time, noting that they are aware of the problem. I noticed the following mornings that there were plenty of parking spaces available; I suppose the parking opened up by 9:30 pm or so as folks who had visited the resort for an evening meal followed by a quick visit to Epcot left the parking lot.

Well at the moment, they have cut back on reasons to go to the Boardwalk area. Two big restaurants closed and have not been replaced yet. One of the kiosks closed and has not been replaced yet.

I regularly stay at BWI but would never travel there for entertainment. What they do is cute if you are staying there but certainly not worth traveling to see. When I was last there, there was a 10 minute ‘magic show’ and a mom/daughter team who did things like hoola hoop and juggle. They also don’t offer the entertainment every night so if you are going for that reason I’d make sure it’s scheduled.

Honestly - I would not expect to be able to park there - just take an Uber - I 100% agree on parking - its for the hotel guests. I can always go to SwanDolphin, the reason I don't is for some reason its 25% cheaper to go to Boardwalk with the random flash sales.

I regularly stay at BWI but would never travel there for entertainment. What they do is cute if you are staying there but certainly not worth traveling to see. When I was last there, there was a 10 minute ‘magic show’ and a mom/daughter team who did things like hoola hoop and juggle. They also don’t offer the entertainment every night so if you are going for that reason I’d make sure it’s scheduled.
I know the area very well. I usually stay a the SwanDolphin - for the last 20+ years so even if I am not staying there its an area I like to visit for a variety of reasons. I also like the "magic" bar.

Well at the moment, they have cut back on reasons to go to the Boardwalk area. Two big restaurants closed and have not been replaced yet. One of the kiosks closed and has not been replaced yet.
Yeah - They seemed to have very little except on the weekends - even in March when it was very busy. Not sure the bar even opened other than the weekend. I also like the bar over at Blue Zoo.

My family and I are staying at the Poly in April and planning to Rope Drop EPCOT one day.

What is the best way to getting to that entrance from Poly?

Walk to the TTC and catch the Epcot monorail direct. It's about a 5 minute walk from most longhouses, if that. Shorter if you are staying on the DVC side of the resort.

Is there a benefit to rope dropping the International Gateway over the main entrance, even though the ease of using the monorail makes the front of the park more convenient?

No material benefit to doing this. IG has the rope drop advantage for Remy but the front entrance has the advantage for Test Track and a slight one for Frozen. We actually rope dropped from both entrances on the same trip last year (we split between Yacht and Poly and could only manage to book Behind the Seeds during our Poly stay) and got the exact same amount done being front of the pack both times--I timed it, even. It's not worth the hassle tbh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter