Room only discount code club

I'm awaiting a room only promotion for the last two nights of my stay. I decided to create my own "promotion" by swapping my hotel room for a DVC rental which covers the 1st 7 nights of our trip. When it was all said and done, my POFQ riverview room [which already had a PIN attached to it for the last 6 nights and would have required me to check out and in again after the 1st night] was $400 more than what I am paying now for a studio at OKW. [so, I'm paying 36% less than an already discounted room :cool1:].

However, the last two nights at WL are just brutal! I'm booked in a standard view room with a mere 10% AAA discount...its shocking, but its only $100 more for the full week at OKW rather than 2 nights at WL! :scared1: This does not sit well with my thrifty side, and so I will join you all in the wait and see...unfortunately, there is no other option for me, really. I've made all of out plans for the last 2 days to be centered around WL [AP & WCC ressies, DS set for the the Cub Den, planning on taking the boat back and forth to the MK....] so I don't have much flexibility to do something else to work around a promo. So, fingers are firmly crossed!

I am in desperate need of a discount for Boardwalk or Beach Club! I have a Beach Club villa reserved but can not really afford full price. I am hoping a room only discount will apply to the room.

Before this FD rumor was announced a lot of people were tossing around the day 8/13, again, just a rumor but it was out there. Maybe that will be GP for room only?? I was under the impression that you needed to have a few nights booked to use a room only discount. Is that not the case (I know each promo can be different) but historically? Also, what do you all think if one does come out the dates will be the same as the FD offer? I guess most likely right??

Joining in...
Last trip we spent 10 days at a Value with the Regular Dining plan. Had a great trip, but we realized 1. We have outgrown the Values and 2. Didn't love the Regular Dining Plan. Before we left we all agreed - Deluxe + QS is what we want for our next trip. :goodvibes Free Dining isn't going to work..not paying rack rate at a Deluxe for a Dining Plan we don't want. ;) So we wait........

Before this FD rumor was announced a lot of people were tossing around the day 8/13, again, just a rumor but it was out there. Maybe that will be GP for room only?? I was under the impression that you needed to have a few nights booked to use a room only discount. Is that not the case (I know each promo can be different) but historically? Also, what do you all think if one does come out the dates will be the same as the FD offer? I guess most likely right??

Typically you don't need to book a minimum amount of nights to use the room off discount.
And the same *rules* about check-in dates do not apply. Meaning if a room rate comes out for say 11/1 - 11/5.. If your and your travel dates are 11/5-11/10... when you check in on 11/5 you don't get the room off rate for your entire stay. You can only use the room off rate for the 1 night offered. Make sense? (sorry I have only had 1 cup of coffee:surfweb:)

I think it's anybody's guess when (or if) a room-only discount will be announced. Last year, the free dining and the room-only were offered on the same day (8/16 - according to Mousesavers). The two deals were for different dates last year, but that could change this year. In other words, who knows :lmao:

Thanks JDD, you're right it really is anyone's guess, until it happens.

chocovrdmicears, thanks and yes, it makes perfect sense :)

I'm keeping everything crossed for a decent room discount, I currently have a room at full price :scared1: at the BC, but including free dining (through the UK) but it's still very pricey and with the current economic situation (i.e. my job isn't looking great :( ), a room discount would save the day for me as it's looking likely I'll otherwise be changing resorts.

I'm in! We're checking in one day before the FD promo starts, so why not try to have a discount on that first day "room only" part of the reservation?

Mom2RTK, I'm hoping for the same:goodvibes doubtful though since those dates are blacked out of FD I think they will probably be for room discount too.

I hope all of you waiting get what you need and soooooon. The wait is the worst part!!!

Mom2RTK, I'm hoping for the same:goodvibes doubtful though since those dates are blacked out of FD I think they will probably be for room discount too.

I hope all of you waiting get what you need and soooooon. The wait is the worst part!!!

Many thanks! I hope the same for you too! :wizard:

We are looking for a room discount too! Right now we have the 20% off pin but am looking for a little better! The Free Dining rumors are blacked out for our dates so a disount would be awesome!

I'm still seeing hints about the Aug 13 date coming (second-hand) from TAs and CMs. And based on historicals I wasn't expecting the room discount this early.

The odd thing about that date is that it's a Saturday. It's not unusual for Disney to release different types of discounts on different dates, presumably to avoid overloading the phones. But it wouldn't surprise me if the discounts came out on the 16th instead. Or maybe the 13th is the VISA early date and the 16th is for GP.

In either case, just because FD is coming out this week, does not have me worried about room-only in the slightest. I saw a TA post yesterday about high room availability in Oct. The discounts will come.

I have a question about a room discount. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge Dec. 17-26 which would make us eligible for the rumored free dining discount. However, if a room discount would save us more money, could we still add the dining plan onto the reservation even if we had to pay for it? Thanks in advance!

doubtful though since those dates are blacked out of FD I think they will probably be for room discount too.

Okay, here's my guess about dates (and it's only a guess!!) I don't think they'll black out as many dates for the room discount as they do for free dining because with FD you can book your whole stay with that even if you check in on the LAST day that's covered. So, they have to assume people will check in on those last days and will get their whole week covered. I think for the room discount, they'll just black out the busiest times - for example, Columbus day weekend, Thanksgiving weekend, Christmas week. I don't think they'll black out all of mid-October like the FD. Does all that make sense??

I could be completely wrong, but that's what I'm thinking....:)

Okay, here's my guess about dates (and it's only a guess!!) I don't think they'll black out as many dates for the room discount as they do for free dining because with FD you can book your whole stay with that even if you check in on the LAST day that's covered. So, they have to assume people will check in on those last days and will get their whole week covered. I think for the room discount, they'll just black out the busiest times - for example, Columbus day weekend, Thanksgiving weekend, Christmas week. I don't think they'll black out all of mid-October like the FD. Does all that make sense??

I could be completely wrong, but that's what I'm thinking....:)

Don't know if your are correct or not but I like your thinking :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter