Romantic Ideas

mustang5991

Earning My Ears
My girlfriend and I are going to WDW in june for 4 days in the parks and 3 on the cruise. I have been to WDW several times but she has never been. Just wondering if any of you disney Experts have any ideas or sugguestions about romantic things to do while there. Or any sugguestions at all are welcomed!

Thanks in advance,
Mustang

Well my boyfriend and I go together a lot & the entire trip is so romantic...but some cute things to do I would say are... Have a charicature done together, watch the fire works over cinderella castle from the beach at the poly, a surrey ride on the boardwalk (my boyfriend refuses but I think it would be SO much fun!) Eating dinner in Mexico at dusk (always:)) Do the leave a legacy tile at epcot..hhmm I can't think of anything else off hand. Like I said the whole expirience is romantic to me... if you really want to do something special I would check out www.giftsofalifetime.com they seem to have great packages & ideas- for example the photographer for an hour & a half so that you can have a whole bunch of pictures of the two of you- I would absolutely LOVE that!! Well good luck! Have a great trip!

Expensive but very romantic is dinner at Victoria & Alberts at the Grand Floridian. DH and I actually ate in the kitchen at the chef's table so we started with a champagne toast with the chef and had very personal service. Pricey but worth it at least once in a life time. (And all ladies are given a rose before they leave, too.)

Try the Disney Florist (I think web site is www.disneyflorist.com), I saw a basket of wine with 2 glasses & snacks in a Mickey-icon shaped basket that they can deliver to most Orlando-area and Disney hotels. For my Oct. trip, I am going to order one to have it waiting in the room for my boyfriend & I to share. Figure it would be a romantic & relaxing way to unwind on the first night after the long drive there.

I think Epcot is really romantic, too. On the last night of our trip last year my boyfriend and I ate dinner at the Marakesh--the food was delicious and and the waitress very attentive, she took our picture together so we would have one of the two of us. After that we saw "Impressions de France"--beautiful scenery and relaxing music. Finally we watched "Illuminations" arm-in-arm, kissed, and vowed to come back next year!

Also....stealing kisses on the Haunted Mansion rides when the doom buggies stop because of "meddling ghosts", holding hands in the dark, and taking the time notice the magic of Cinderella's castle and the little things. I've also heard California Grill is very romantic, but haven't eaten there yet. I hope you have a wonderful & romantic trip. :D

My boyfriend (now fiance) and I have eaten at the California Grill. It is very romantic during the fireworks! Just holding hands and watching... very nice. It does get kinda loud in there though, but the food was great! we are going to the artist point this time, i hear it is also great, but a little more quiet and personal. I have also read about the romantic packages- the offer a carriage ride which could be good. Pretty much i agree that Disney is just romantic when you are with someone truly special!

you could also try a walk on the beach or a visit to the wedding pavillion (i am draggin my fiance there this time.

Hope this helps somewhat.

How is the food in Mexico? By the boat ride I mean, I assume that's where you ate? Is it very expensive?

Here are some things that we found romantic

Dinner at Cali Grill for the fireworks

After our monorail drink tour( go to each monorail resort and have a drink or 2 at the lounges) walk the beach from the Poly to GF.

Late night swim in the resort pool

Strolling through WS at night

Sitting by at the bar by the pool and just staring at the palm trees and realizing how beautiful it is.

Spirit of Aloha dinner show

These were some of our favorites but I'm sure you'll make some of your own memories that will be special and romantic.

I don't remember Mexico being overly expensive... any place get expensive when you start drinking though-- & it's fun to share margritas there.... I am not a big fan of Mexican food but I went all out & tried it & got a dish that had a little of everything & I liked it- the setting is so beautiful!!

Get the latest PS you can somewhere in Epcot, then when you leave, it's practically deserted, and very romantic.

Instead of calling Disney Florist, you can call room service during the day and while you are out for dinner have them deliver Tuxedo Strawberries and a bottle of champagne. It's less expensive and you can choose the price of the Champagne. I know the Strawberries are $50.00. They may give you a hard time about delivering alcohol to an empty room, but tell them there are no children in your room and they will do it. A nice dessert surprise!:)

Originally posted by gonga
Instead of calling Disney Florist, you can call room service during the day and while you are out for dinner have them deliver Tuxedo Strawberries and a bottle of champagne. It's less expensive and you can choose the price of the Champagne. I know the Strawberries are $50.00. They may give you a hard time about delivering alcohol to an empty room, but tell them there are no children in your room and they will do it. A nice dessert surprise!:)

I like that idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter