• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rolling Clothes For Packing

SleepinB

Earning My Ears
There have been a series of threads discussing rolling clothes for packing. This is the first I have heard of it. In one post, someone described rolling all shirts into one roll.

Our upcoming trip is for two weeks, so luggage space is an issue.
Obviously, I am intrigued by the potential space saving of rolling my clothes.

So, how do you roll clothes for packing?
Do you roll each individual garment or roll all garments together?

And what is the deal with ziplocking and rolling?
How many clothes do you roll into each 2 gal ziplock bag?

Thanks in advance for your help

I find that rolling does save room. Roll one garment at a time. Some people do roll and place in large ziploc bags, it's especially helpful if you have children. For each child, you can roll the shirt, shorts/pants, and place the socks and underwear all in the ziploc bag. That way you can give each child their bag of clothes for the day that's already coordinated. I have mine place their dirty clothes back in the bag at the end of the day so there are no smelly clothes in the room or in the luggage at the end of the trip.

Mini

I rolled our clothing last December and I was amazed at how much more stuff fit in our suitcases that way! I also rolled one item at a time; haven't done the ziploc bag thing yet but will note that for our next trip!

my husband travels for a living and rolling his jeans gives him alot more room. He also uses those space bags for big stuff, you can roll those as well to make them really small.

Last year we went to England for 2 weeks and we could only take one bag each (all be it a very large bag), my husband packed my bag after my sorry attempt and I was totally amazed at how much more room I had to bring home souvenirs!!!!!

Shelley

I rolled the clothes and used ziplock bags on our last trip and I will never go any other way! I couldn't believe how much room you save by packing this way. I was able to pack 10 days worth of clothes for me, DD6 and DD1 all into 1 of those large bags that have the wheels. There was still some room left when I was finished! To my surprise the clothes were not anymore wrinkled than if I had packed them the old way. I think they looked better! Everything stayed so organized since the things were in the ziplocks. It was wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter