roll on coolers

HOTMIKE

Earning My Ears
I have read many posts in the past about people bringing their own beer/drinks in a soft-sided cooler. Is this still an option? The cruise documents specifically state that you can not bring personal coolers aboard. Have any recent cruisers done this?

Thanks!! We leave this Saturday!!!!

We brought a collapsible cooler (packed with clothes) in our large suitecase. I highly recommend one for excursions (especially water excursions). You can also bring on your own drinks. Pack them in a wheeled pilot case for easy carry-on. We fit 2 6-packs in our pilot case, plus cameras and chage of clothes for the pools. Also had another 2 6-packs in our checked luggage. If it was just the cans, the carry on pilot case could have done at least 2 12-packs and more. Someone said they brought a pony keg as a carry on!

We used one on our May trip filled with Pepsi's and bottled water, and had no problems at all. All they ask it that you have no ice in it. It upsets the x-ray machine. Happy sailing!

What is the size limit for the soft sided coolers to fit in the x-ray machine? Don't want to buy one too big.

Happy Cruising!

Lori

The size of your carry on must fit through the scanner to get into the terminal and on the ship after excursions. Disney uses an airport type scanner. Here are the dimensions used by airlines:

CARRY-ON POLICIES OF MAJOR AIRLINES

American (americanairlines.com)
Limit of two carry-ons. Maximum size of each is 23" x 15" x 9".

Continental (continental.com)
Limit of two carry-ons. Maximum size of each is 22" x 14" x 9".

Delta (delta.com)

Northwest (nwa.com)
Limit of one carry-on. Maximum size is 22" x 14" x 9".

Southwest (southwest.com)
Limit of one carry-on. Maximum size is 24" x 16" x 10".

TWA (twa.com)
Limit of two carry-ons. Maximum size of each is 21" x 16" x 10".

United (unitedairlines.com)

U.S. Airways (usair.com)
Limit of two carry-ons. Maximum size of each is 24" x 16" x 10".

AirTran (airtran.com)
Limit of one carry-on. Maximum size is 22" x 14" x 9"

So the scanners must accomodate these sizes

I brought a nice soft sided cooler that I purchased at walmart on board. Be AWARE though that the scanner is larger then the carry on the plane size allowed. Mine went thru the scanner with no problem but no way it would fit in the overhead bin so we ended up checking it. I know it says no coolers or carry on liquor allowed in the rules but Disney just does not enforce it. The cooler must be soft sided and no ice allowed till you get on board the boat. Disney is the only cruise line that I know of that does not confiscate alchohol upon boarding! A nice surprise that i hope they don't change. Its a real money saver.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter