Roll call for the 10/23/2004 Western Magic. Who's with us?

Hi jiminyc-fan

I would love to meet you guys.
Where are you staying?
Are you going to "Mickey's very merry christmas party"

I will be staying at the GF and going to the christmas party on Dec 2.

Let me know. It would be fun.:chat:

This trip is so special to my DD and I because last Thanksgiving she was very very ill in hospital in Boston. I told my DD that when we get home from hospital I'm going to call Disney and book a trip and that we will be there next year for Thanksgiving. So we will be there in 26 days.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Faith, I am sorry to hear about your daughters illness. I am so happy that she is better and can go to WDW this year!!!!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

We are staying at All Star Movies. Yes, we are going to the Christmas Party but on the 4th. All of us are meeting there. Too bad that you won't be there. It would be ideal to meet you there. Our plans are to go to Illuminations on the 2nd and a peak at the Candlelight Procession that night also. Sandy

Hi jiminyc-fan,

My DD has been sick most of her life she is a diabetic and had cancer. But this year (so far) she has been better. Keep your fingers crossed because this is her 5th year cancer free. :D Let's hope she stays that way.

It's a bummer about the 2nd. I'm going to the candlelight processional on the 3rd. The 5th is our last night we plan to go to MK in the am, then Epcot in the afternoon, then we are seeing MGM for Fantasmic I think around 7pm.
Well, you never know maybe we can work it out. Let me know.

If not WE PARTY ON THE SHIP!!:Pinkbounc :hyper:
I think I'm more excited about the cruise than WDW. This cruise will be awsome. Much better than my last one. All of you sound like so much fun, I can't wait to meet all of you.

M I C(SEE YOU REAL SOON) K E Y(WHY, BECAUSE WE LIKE YOU) M O U S E::MickeyMo :earsboy: :earseek:

ALWAYS HAVE FUN,
FAITH

Faith, we have diabetes majorly in our family but not childhood diabetes. I do understand diabetes that is for sure. Cancer, bless her heart. I hope her life is turning around and will be healthy and happy.

Did you make PS for dinner on the 3rd for the Candelight Procession or are you taking chances? I was trying to figure out how to meet you with the DisneyDudettes, also. Jeanne and Joyce will be there in Dec until the 5th and I bet that they would like to meet you also. We have to work something out!

Have a magical day! Sandy

Sandy,Thank you so much for you response. DD is doing much better these days. She will always have to struggle with her diabetes but she has a great outlook on life. As far as the cancer who knows where that came from. It does not run in the family.

We do have dinner ps for the candlelight processional at Le Cellier Canada in Epcot. We will be in Epcot the entire day. Dinner is at 4:50pm and the candlelight is at 8:15pm. So maybe we all can have dinner together then or just meet in Epcot sometime during the day. Like I said we will be there from 8:30am to after Iluminations.
Yes, my DD and I would like to meet you,Jeanne & Joyce as well. We have to work something out. I still have time to change dinner, just let me know if you have and idea's then I will call the planner and change them.
Hope to hear from you soon.

HAVE A MAGICAL DAY,
FAITH

Faith, I got to thinking that because the parks close early evenings in Dec. that maybe we could just meet in a hotel lobby after a day in the park for a meeting. Get some hot chocolate or something. Doesn't have to be in the parks! I have never been to the Grand Floridian so I don't mind volunteering to go to your hotel. What do you think? I will email Jeanne and see if they would like to meet up with us. Jeanne is away at her 35th high school reunion so I probably won't hear back from her for awhile.

I tell you, diabetes, cancer and heart problems run rampant on both sides of my family. My doctor says I am doomed for one or all.

I so look forward to meeting you and your daughter. Sandy

Sandy, What a great idea. I just spoke to Kristy (myDD) and she said that would be cool. :Pinkbounc
Just let me know when and what time and we can do this.

You know, thank God we have Disney to make us forget all of our problems.
::MickeyMo

Anyway, talk to to soon,
Faith

That is soooo true, Faith. Disney does have a way to make things better and a way to make us forget! I emailed Jeanne with my idea. I will let you know. I am sending you an email. Sandy

What a GREAT weekend! The weather was absolutely beautiful the whole weekend - warm, sunny & in the 70's. Met up with some of my OLD classmates at the 35th. What fun!

SANDY: I haven't read my e-mail yet but you know our schedule & I am willing to meet up wherever & whenever as long as I don't have a PS or other reservations. Joyce & I are thinking of adding days in WDW after the cruise so we can attend the Halloween Party (never been). I just want to tell you that after the Reunion I did go to a Halloween Party & dressed as a "Mouseketeer". I told Joyce I would make her a matching outfit for next year!

FAITH: Joyce & I (alias Dudette #2 & #3) would love to get together before the cruise.

Can't wait to meet up with all our new fellow cruisers. Yes we do dance but not as well as Sandy & Ted

:rotfl: :rotfl: or Bonnie & Joyce::yes:: ::yes:: Hope you all have a great week. Toodles:wave2: :wave2: ::MickeyMo JEANNE

WE added 4 days after the cruise for next year so we can be in WDW MK for the "Not So Scary Halloween" party. Can't wait.
Come on lets all go to the Halloween partypirate: :jester: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
That would be sooooooo cool!!!

Jeanne, did you say Bonnie and Joyce are good dancers? I believe I have GREAT blackmail pictures to prove that!:hyper:

Faith, it was wonderful talking to you this evening. I can't wait to meet you. :earsgirl: Ted and I can't make it next year for the MNSSHP party after the cruise. :( Some of us have to work. Oh I mean, Ted has to work.

Goodnight all.

Happy Monday everyone! :wave2:

It is so rainy, gloomy and chilly here....guess I better get used to it! I would rather be on Castaway Cay! (but who wouldn't!) LOL!:sunny:

Hello, Dana, etc. and new friends to be...

For everyone who is NOT Dana/Steve, we met in 10/02 on what was all four of our first Disney Cruises. We had wonderful tablemates and still keep in touch with everyone we met...the same is not true for our second Wonder cruise last March...our tablemates were nice enough no lasting camaraderie developed like that on the first cruise. So that's how we know Dana and Steve. I thought we'd best introduce ourselves as we are very much looking forward to meeting everyone.

My fiance, John, and I are second-time arounders. Both of us were married 15+ years to other people before finding each other quite by accident (at a three day business course at the Disney Institute, no less). He's British, so we had additional difficulties (the Atlantic Ocean) in staying together. Long story short...we're sharing a lovely townhome together in Chicagoland (ex-spouses got the houses) while waiting for my divorce to become final so we can go get married at a ranch we love in Las Vegas. And you are all invited, as long as you like barbecue and horses and rude drinking games (and from what I've been reading it sounds like many of you would fit that bill).

John's 13 yo daughter is still with his ex in England, and I have a 10yo DD and 8yo DS that live with me 3 days a week. We are taking them on the Wonder for the first time in February...which isn't so far away at all anymore. :-)

Other than that, we both are recovering from being laid off. John has a new job but I'm still hunting and interviewing and doing contract instructional design/writing/editing work to keep the bill collectors at bay. In fact, I booked this cruise and paid the deposit with part of my severance because I was so miserable that both of us were laid off I felt we had to have SOMETHING in the distant future to look forward to and gave it enough time (well over a year) for things to get "normal" again.

We're going on a Christmastime getaway to WDW the weekend of Dec. 12 and to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party as long as it's not pouring. We're staying at Dixie Landings (still can't think of it as Port Orleans Riverside). So if anyone else will be down there then, we'd love to know about it. We'll be getting happy on overpiced Coronas at the Adventurer's Club on PI most nights. Kungaloosh!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :-)

Thanks for all the info! Great to get to know you!!!

For all of you that don't know our little story, Tim (tarzanman) and I have been to WDW countless times since our first trip together (our honeymoon at Dixie Landings in 2000) and are DVC members! We have been on 6 Disney cruises so far and love it!!!
That is how we met Beano and his family! We all met last year on our Western cruise (Oct 2002) and have been best pals ever since!!! ::yes::
We met Dana, Steve, Fran, Dave, Cindy, and Dave on this past Octobers cruise and cannot wait to cruise again with this fun group!
We don't have any children, but enjoy acting like children every time we hit WDW! :crazy:

We are really looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing our friends again!:boat:

Skylynx- that wedding sounds great!!! My dh is a master of rude drinking games and we never turn down good BBQ! LOL! :yo-yo:

Hi guys.

We decided against doing back to back as much as we would love to cruise with some of you again and other's for the 1st time.

There is a 10-day Princess cruise that we really want to go in the spring of 2005. It goes to Grenada, which is where we went on our honeymoon.

Sandy, Faith, Jeanne: We are up for a meet at the GF. E-mail or PM me with a day and time.

Sorry to hear that you won't be joining us Denine. I am sure that you will have a blast with the group the week before.

Hi Denise (Skylynx),

Glad to have you and your DH on the cruise. Is that the Mustang Ranch in Las Vegas? If so, you are probably more adventurous than the rest of our group, even Tim and Kamy :teeth: .

Dave

Well...guess it's my turn to tell our story to those who don't already know it. :)

My DH(Steve) and I were high school sweethearts. We finally got married after almost 9 years together, in 2001 at WDW. We were married at Seabreeze Point by Boardwalk Inn and honeymooned at the Yacht Club Resort. :lovestruc

I'm the major Disney fan, but my DH is quite smitten and growing in his devotion to all things Disney everyday.

To celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary, Oct 2002....we decided on the 4-day Wonder cruise. Our first, which is where we met Denise and John, and like Denise said, we had awesome tablemates. :grouphug: After that cruise, we were hooked and booked the 7-day Eastern to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary.

Well, on this past cruise, we were blessed to meet even more people who are wonderful and fun! Kamy, Tim, Beano, Renee, Pam, Paul, Fran, Cindy and Dave! We also took the plunge and became DVC members!! So we can look forward to even more Disney vacations.

Now we're just counting down the days until the Oct 2004 cruise with all of you, where we'll hang with some old friends and make new ones.

We live in Northern Virginia, Manassas to be exact...made infamous by Lorena Bobitt and the DC Sniper. We're hoping to move to Atlanta in the next year or so...job transfer willing...and we don't have children yet, but hope to some day...God willing. Of course, I've already told my DH that if they aren't in love with Disney like us, we're sending them back...LOL...Not!

And Denise...let us know when and where...we'll be there! Love me some BBQ, and is there really such a thing as rude drinking games...LOL :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter