Roll call 3/13/2004 Western Magic cruisers...

onceuponadream

<font color=0000cc>Keeping fingers crossed<br><fon
Hi!

We are a group of ten.. DH and myself with our 4 kids age 4-12 traveling with both sets of our parents. My DH and I have been on 4 cruises and our parents on many more than us. We can't wait to share our love of cruising with our kids. We have had our trip planned for over a year and can't believe it's only 5 months away! Anyone else joining us??

We will be there and e too have planned our trip for over one year. Second Disney cruise for us and we are dgm 70's, me (mom) 40's, dd 10, dniece 10, dnephew 12, db and dsil. Are you flying down daybefore? We are doing different things but will all be at the Port the night before Raddisson)

I can hardly wait.

Debbie

We'll be there too. Me, DH, DD12, DS8. We were on the Magic last year at this time and loved it. Unfortunately we were unable to dock at Cayman - so we are looking forward to seeing the Singrays this year. We will arrive the night before - haven't decided where we will stay.

Hi Northwoods and Debbie!

We are from Houston but couldn't find any good airfare so we are driving to New Orleans and flying from there on Friday night. We will arrive in Orlando at 6:20. After that long trek I think we'll spend the night in Orlando and take Happy Limo from there on Saturday morning.

Our kids are ds12, dd9, ds7 and ds4. None of them are in the same "age group" for activities so hopefully they will make some friends. I'm really once a little concerned about the younger 2. the older 2 will be fine.

We've been to Cayman twice...the water is so beautiful. We did a Captain Marvin's tour last time (without kids) and really enjoyed it. Stingray City is something else. My dh loved it..I was petrified and I love to snorkel and love animals. Something about them crawling up my back...:eek: We had a great time though. My mom and stepdad are spending 2 weeks in Cozumel in January so hopefully they'll come back with some neat places to visit. I've heard Castaway Cay is phenomenal. Key West..not sure with kids what we should do...

Last year at Key West we just walked around and took the trolly tour. Okay to do once but not very exciting. I think you drive on every street in Key West - you keep criss-crossing the main roads. This year we hope to do the catermaran racing - we love to sail.

Cayman we will do the stingrays with Captain Marvin - unless I can work out a scuba and snorkel trip that would include Stingray city. DH and I have been there before and know the kids will love it.

Cozumel we did the Mayan ruins tour last year. It was interesting but hot. The kids want to swim with the dolphins this time.

Castaway Cay is just wonderful to relax, swim and build sand castles.

Can't wait to be there again.

I'm glad we finally have a thread going again. The previous one died about 4 months ago. There will be three of us, DW, myself and DD 9. This is our first time on the Western. We did the Eastern in Jan 02 and a three day in Oct 02. I'm glad we have some other DIS'ers going. On the Eastern we did the Golden Eagle Catamarran excursion in St Maarten and we had 39 DIS'ers.

Hi everyone, glad to meet you all!

We are a family of three, me (40's), DH (50's) and DS (12). Looks like there will be a few other 12 year olds for him to play with!

We were on a 3 day Wonder cruise 3 years ago and DS was only 8 so he couldn't go on the computers in the Oceanography Lab. So this cruise is going to be his 12th birthday present, he turns 12 on March 5th. Do you think that is too far past to ask for a cake at dinner one night?

Anyway, we should definitely try to have a DIS meeting during the sailaway party.

I can't wait!!!

Hi...Welcome aboard March 13th cruisers..
Count us in on the March 13th Magic Cruise can't wait! last year did the march western and were unable to dock at Cayman Islands. The kids were disappointed as they were really looking forward to the stingray city tour. Hopefully, this upcoming cruise we will be able to see the Rays. So we're a family of 4 from Maryland, DD 16 and DS 11. We are traveling with my sister and her DS 13. We are very excited that aunt/sister and nephew/cousin are joining us. We know first hand how WONDERFUL cruising with Disney can be and can't wait to have them share the "magic" with us!!!

We, won't be on your cruise, but a year later on the Western March 12 cruise. we're looking forward to hearing about your trip, the weather, and on board activities in March. Have lots of fun!!!!:boat:

Hi again!

Looks like we have some kids the same age on the cruise.

BeeSkip DD16, DS11, Dnephew13

decolady DS12

scduckman DD9

Northwoods DD12, DS8

onceuponadream (me) DS12, DD9, DS7, DS4

Have any of you decided what you are going to do in port? We aren't too sure about Key West...any ideas?

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

We haven't decided definitely what to do in port yet, but we are not real big on the excursions that are for sale. We usually prefer to wander around on our own. I think that is what we will be doing in Key West, from what I've read the best part is at sundown right near the pier, I forget what it is called.

I would like to do something in Cozumel though, I haven't decided what. We like snorkeling but DS doesn't want any part of the stingrays!!

Any ideas from anyone else?

Deb

I am bumping this up for mike2beach so he can see that there are a few of us on this cruise! He has a couple more boys to add to our pack of kids!

We are very excited today, just made our final payment!!! I am going to try to book our swim with the dolphins this week, too.

Anyone else decided on excursions?

We are on the MArch 13th sailing of the Magic. We are a party of 6, DH, DW, DD 17, DS 11 and Aunt with DS age 14. We are counting the days. Northwoods, We were also on the March 12th cruise last year which didn't dock at Cayman. What a small world!!! We are looking forward to the Caymans this time. Are you doing the stingray excursion this time. What about Cozumel?
Any news on what is new this year? I heard the teen area is different. See you on board!!!! Bee

Hi March 13th cruisers!

This thread was burried so deep, I could not find it. This will be our 2nd Magic cruise. Eastern 2 years ago. Our crew DH, DW and our 2 boys ages 5 and 7. We can't wait to see Singray City and we are giving Mr. Sanchos a try in Cozumel. See you there!!

Hello out there. Are there many March 13th cruisers.? This thread seems to be very anemic. The December 10 day 2004 has over 1000 posts!!! Can't wait to cruise. We are from Maryland...Where are the rest of the 3-13 cruisers ? Where are you all from? Are your children on break or are you taking them out of school?
In our party, we have 2 on break, 1 not. Is it true that the Morty the magician show is history? Any 11 year old boys? My DS is 11 and can't wait to meet new friends. The 2 teens, DS 17 and DN 14 can't wait to check out the new teen location.

Waiting patiently, Bee

Hi Bee and everyone!

Let me reintroduce myself. Myself (37) and DH (37) will be cruising with our 4 kids DS12, DD9, DS7, DS4. Joining us will be my mom and stepdad in there 60's and my DH's parents in their late 50's and early 60's. Our parents have cruised a ton. We've cruised with Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and Carnival but never Disney. We have 2 category 9 connecting cabins on deck 2 and another guarenteed inside cabin booked.

I usually spend loads of time planning our WDW trips but have only cruised with my DH so haven't "planned" those really just enjoyed them :) I can't believe our cruise is only 60 or so days away and I haven't lurked on the boards much.

We have been to Cayman and Cozumel several times. My mom who is joining us on this cruise actually enjoyed Cozumel so much on her last cruise that she is leaving Tuesday to spend 2 weeks there. We are counting on her to check out Mr Sanchos and Playa Del Sol and anywhere else that may be fun...I'll let you know what she says.

In Cayman we've done the stingray city tour with Capt Marvin and really loved it. Only one of our 4 kids is really "brave" enough to swim with them however so I think we'll be heading to 7 mile beach...we haven't done that yet. Either that or breaking up and half going to the beach and DH taking DD9 to see the stingrays.

Key West is our big question mark right now. We would like to do an excursion as my brother has been there and couldn't really recommend a whole lot for kids..lots for adults however. We are loking at Sunset Cruises or Glass Bottom boats...open for suggestions though.

I guess it's time to get serious about a packing list. Do you know if they have pin trading? I need to buy pillowcases for autographs for the younger ones.

BTW I have a DS12 (was 12 in October). Would he be in the same group as your DS?

Well I need to run to get the kids ready for school...to answer your question our Spring Break is the week of March 13.

Hope to hear from everyone!!

Sandy

Hi Sandy and Bee!

We are a family of three, our DS will be 12 the week before the cruise. We live in Bethlehem, PA, just over the border from NJ. Sounds like there will be a lot of 11-12 yr old boys!!

With my Weatherbug saying it is now 3 DEGREES here, I can't wait to get to the Carribbean!!!

Deb:cool:

Hello fellow cruisers!!!
Great to know that my DS age 11 will find some friends onboard.

He likes to shot hoops up on deck and last year when I wanted to find him 9 times out of 10, that was where he was!!!\

This particular cruise, 3-13-04,doesnt' seem to attract a lot of attention on these boards. We are from Maryland. It has been so cold here and cant' wait to feel the sun.

What dining are you fellow cruisers on? We are on second. Orignally we were on early but when my sister and nephew made the "best decision in their lives" to join us we switched to second seating.

Any teens. My soon to be 17 year old DD is looking forward to meeting some new friends, as well as 14 year old DN.

Please anyone cruising on 3-13-04 Magic who hasn't checked in on the boards, please do so. It would be great to "introduce" yourself as we get more excited about the cruise!!!

Bee

Hi again Bee! We are also at second seating for dinner. Any idea when we should be receiving cruise docs??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter