ROFR Thread Oct - Dec 2016 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea if the broker you use makes a difference in how fast it passes ROFR? Just curious as last time, it took a month. We are using the same broker again. I keep seeing these posts about passing ROFR in 2 days to a week. We are pushing 2 weeks now. I'm really happy for those who passed extremely quickly, but bummed that ours hasn't passed yet.

Any idea if the broker you use makes a difference in how fast it passes ROFR? Just curious as last time, it took a month. We are using the same broker again. I keep seeing these posts about passing ROFR in 2 days to a week. We are pushing 2 weeks now. I'm really happy for those who passed extremely quickly, but bummed that ours hasn't passed yet.

It really depends on DVC. DVC has 30 days to complete rofr.

Depending on what you send in it might take some more days. I do know that a lot of contracts has passed quickly lately.

Which resort did you buy at?

Regards

Depending on what you send in it might take some more days. I do know that a lot of contracts has passed quickly lately.

Which resort did you buy at?

Regards

We purchased AKL and an almost identical contract passed in 2 days (after our contract had been sent in).
That's why I wondered if it varied by broker, or whose desk it fell on to review.

new2dvc2014---$72-$8532-100-AKV-Feb-0/15, 100/16, 100/17, 100/18- sent 12/15/2016

I was considering direct but at $160 per, I don't think so :)
I also have an OKW contract that was purchased before the latest rule changes so I should still have access to shopping discounts and ap's if I understand it all correctly.

new2dvc2014---$72-$8532-100-AKV-Feb-0/15, 100/16, 100/17, 100/18- sent 12/15/2016

I also have an OKW contract that was purchased before the latest rule changes so I should still have access to shopping discounts and ap's if I understand it all correctly.
Great price for a beautiful resort!

Not actually true, but they generally try not to drag it past 30 days. It does happen sometimes.

I'm sure that was a tough choice to make. Many sleepless nights lost. :laughing:

In most cases, buying DVC resale instead of direct generally isn't one of life's more difficult decisions.

great price! Hope it passes. I thought we had a good deal, but yours is much better . good luck.

pressedkenny---$77-$18914-220-AKV-Dec-0/15, 110/16, 220/17, 220/18-Seller pays 2016 MF- sent 12/12

To ROFR: "these are not the points you are looking for..."

New to these boards, hello! Been watching these ROFR threads, thanks so much for putting them together! Was hopeful DVD would not pick up this contract since it was fully borrowed until 2018. Anyway we basically bought at $120pp with a $15pp concession for them essentially "renting" those 2017 points back from us, hence the seemingly good price of $105pp. We don't plan to travel till 2018 anyway!

Wiltony---$105-$5880-50-BLT-Oct-0/15, 0/16, 0/17, 50/18- sent 11/25, passed 12/2

We also are in the process of purchasing 50 points direct for the same resort, same UY.

New to these boards, hello! Been watching these ROFR threads, thanks so much for putting them together! Was hopeful DVD would not pick up this contract since it was fully borrowed until 2018. Anyway we basically bought at $120pp with a $15pp concession for them essentially "renting" those 2017 points back from us, hence the seemingly good price of $105pp. We don't plan to travel till 2018 anyway!

Wiltony---$105-$5880-50-BLT-Oct-0/15, 0/16, 0/17, 50/18- sent 11/25, passed 12/2

We also are in the process of purchasing 50 points direct for the same resort, same UY.
This was a great idea! I like the creativity on bringing down the price per point in a way that is still likely to pass. Good luck!

That's a great price, wish I could find a similar listing.

This is our first ever contract. Feeling nervous and I hope the ROFR monster looks the other way.

goofymitchell---$97-$15955-150-BWV-Sep-0/15, 160/16, 136/17, 150/18- sent 12/20

This is our first ever contract. Feeling nervous and I hope the ROFR monster looks the other way.

goofymitchell---$97-$15955-150-BWV-Sep-0/15, 160/16, 136/17, 150/18- sent 12/20
Good luck! I think you will be fine. My friend bought BWV 6 weeks ago for $93 -- not sure if that was stripped or not.

Good luck!

Thank you!! Going to be a nerve wracking few weeks!
I saw this contract on DVC Resale Market. You got a good deal! We have recently sold a couple of contracts with this company and have been very pleased with how fast it has gone. The first one was 31 days from listing to check in hand and I know the buyer had points in their account even quicker than that. I think the upcoming holidays and end-of-year dues work load will slow things a bit but I think you have a good chance of having the process go relatively fast. Magic Vacation Title has also been very efficient. Good luck! Hope we will be BWV neighbors soon.

I saw this contract on DVC Resale Market. You got a good deal! We have recently sold a couple of contracts with this company and have been very pleased with how fast it has gone. The first one was 31 days from listing to check in hand and I know the buyer had points in their account even quicker than that. I think the upcoming holidays and end-of-year dues work load will slow things a bit but I think you have a good chance of having the process go relatively fast. Magic Vacation Title has also been very efficient. Good luck! Hope we will be BWV neighbors soon.

Yes! That is exactly where we found the contract. Seller was asking for $99 and we offered $97 and they accepted quickly! So far the service from DVC Resale Market has been great. They have answered every question we've had quickly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter