ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
BWoody---$140-$14513-100-AKV-Feb-0/21, 0/22, 69/23, 100/24- sent 8/25

Didn't even bother negotiating this one. Saving a few hundred dollars isn't worth the anxiety of waking the ROFR monster who seems to start stirring below 140. Credit on the used points in 23. My goal was more AKV and don't spend more than 15k. The way I see it is I get 30 more points/year than if I went direct. Nothing is official until it is official, but this would bring me to 225 total. Hello 1 BR :cool1:

I've now begun envisioning the ROFR monster as Smaug, sitting on a mountain of treasure, and potential DVC buyers as Hobbits trying to sneak in to discover his/her weakness...

smaug.png
"You want to buy it for how much?"

I was really hoping to pay around $130 for AKV so maybe just adding on some direct at riviera is the way to go. Doesn’t sound like $130 would stand much of a chance.
BWoody---$140-$14513-100-AKV-Feb-0/21, 0/22, 69/23, 100/24- sent 8/25

Didn't even bother negotiating this one. Saving a few hundred dollars isn't worth the anxiety of waking the ROFR monster who seems to start stirring below 140. Credit on the used points in 23. My goal was more AKV and don't spend more than 15k. The way I see it is I get 30 more points/year than if I went direct. Nothing is official until it is official, but this would bring me to 225 total. Hello 1 BR :cool1:
We've just done similar!! We didn’t want to wake the ROFR monster again after our last cheeky offer that we knew was too risky!

quakerlaw---$175-$17869-100-BLT-Feb-0/21, 0/22, 186/23-seller pays 50% CC- sent 7/22, taken 8/25

Honestly shocked by this. Thought we would pass for sure.
Shocking! Is this the highest ROFR besides VGC? Wait they aren’t ROFRing VGC anyway!

I definitely think POLY2 will be part of POLY1 with them making them part of the new DVC promos on points there for a sold out resort. Either that or they must have a bunch of foreclosure points as they really haven’t been buying Poly back 🤷🏻‍♀️

And I see it as the opposite. They don’t need to have PVB points in stock because they won’t be the same as to the Poly tower points. So get rid of what they can now.

How hard am I going to kick myself for getting a second use year?

Our contracts are all June, but found a Dec small add on AUL with some banked points for a good price
I have 3. I like it because with separate UY, you can buy OTU points for all 3. So I can buy 72. That way I can buy them when I need them but don’t have the commitment of owning more. Our kids are getting older so we won’t need those bigger rooms when it’s just us. I also have 3 resorts so we always have 11 month advantage at our 3 favorites. I find it super easy if I want to combine points, a quick call and I can transfer the points over to another contract to book one reservation.

And I see it as the opposite. They don’t need to have PVB points in stock because they won’t be the same as to the Poly tower points. So get rid of what they can now.
I think I have to agree with this. It’s a brand new build different from VGF2

Good point too. I can’t wait to find out
It’s crazy how no matter what way you look at it, you can see it going in either direction.
1. They aren’t buying back because they are going to combine them and they are going to have enough new points to sell.
2. They aren’t buying back because they are going to separate them and who is going to want poly 1 points when they can buy poly 2?
Except for me😂 I have zero interest in the tower and love the original poly. So I bought and am hoping they keep them separate so I am not competing with more people at the 11 month window. when all of those people buy in at the minimum wanting studios and realizing that there aren’t that many because we all know that those are the first that book up everywhere

They would not care about stock if PVB 2 was going to be separate. And they would RoFR like CCV.

There really is no upside for DVC to make a new association financially.

They would not care about stock if PVB 2 was going to be separate. And they would RoFR like CCV.

Keeping restrictions for the long term benefits them as they want to move people to direct when more resorts have the…and make resale seem less valuabld.

If its the same, then no need to buy direct to stay there as one can pick up cheaper resale points.

Its going to come down to those…if they abandon that idea, then I agree it makes no sense to make it new…but they have not removed them from RIV…which they could if they were really concerned.

So, I think it’s a wait and see because there are pros and cons to it all from DVDs perspective. If it was a simple decision, they would have announced it upfront.

Of course there is! Same association: I can go and pick up resale, save a bundle and waltz in to a swanky brand new room. Disney made nothing.

All the existing Poly owners now snap up their brand new one bedrooms leaving availability issues. This place is getting its own car park and own port cochere. Looking more like an independent resort. Disney has also said that new resorts will have restrictions... I've heard nothing further from the company to assume any different.

Of course there is! Same association: I can go and pick up resale, save a bundle and waltz in to a swanky brand new room. Disney made nothing.

All the existing Poly owners now snap up their brand new one bedrooms leaving availability issues. This place is getting its own car park and own port cochere. Looking more like an independent resort. Disney has also said that new resorts will have restrictions... I've heard nothing further from the company to assume any different.
This is what everyone gets wrong - 100% of points are sold directly from Disney. There are no resale points on the market that were not already sold by Disney. They already made their profit off of the Poly 1 points and they don't care if you sell them back and forth to each other.

They will create around 5 million new points and they will sell every one of them as they are not competing against resale. There are only 16,000 resale points on the market right now DVC will sell 80,000 / month. Just like resales are not currently hurting VGF or any other resort that sold since OKW.

Items sell better when sales are uncomplicated by things like restrictions.

edit - Disney was also very careful not to announce it as a "new resort" but an expansion

Last edited:
This is what everyone gets wrong - 100% of points are sold directly from Disney. There are no resale points on the market that were not already sold by Disney. They already made their profit off of the Poly 1 points and they don't care if you sell them back and forth to each other.

They will create around 5 million new points and they will sell every one of them as they are not competing against resale. There are only 16,000 resale points on the market right now DVC will sell 80,000 / month. Just like resales are not currently hurting VGF or any other resort that sold since OKW.

edit - Disney was also very careful not to announce it as a "new resort" but an expansion
All that applied when RIV went on sale, yet they still chose to restrict the points. There were clearly other motivations in play besides selling the points as fast as they could. They believed they'd make more profit in the long run on restricted points vs non-restricted. Whether it's had the effect they hoped for, none of us can say. Probably hard to even measure it since all of Disney shut down right after it opened.

If they still feel restricted points are the best strategy going forward, I don't see how they would pass up the chance to create 5 million more of them. I haven't seen anything that makes me think they have reconsidered their strategy, but who knows. Personally I'll be shocked if Poly2 isn't separate, but they've shocked me before

They were clear to announce it as an expansion of Poly Village Resort, but not an expansion of PVB.

So, just like CCV and BRV are both located at the same cash resort, it’s not out of the realm that this could be an expansion of DVC offerings at the Poly and be a new resort.

I think it was certainly interesting to announce it right as they were starting direct sales for VGF. Maybe planting the seed that only way to guarantee access to it was direct…resale could be restricted, without saying that.

I think the only thing we all agree on is that no matter how you interpret the info put out there, it can support either decision..which is what I think DVD wanted.

NICE! But..... please trim those trees Disney :)

I think we have our first stay in that general area in April.
I love these trees. I’m only on the 3rd floor though so if you get something higher, you should have a better view. TBH, I think I like the other side of the wing better. The park noise is constant if you don’t mind that sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter