ROFR Thread July to Sept 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too (Day 19 for BWV)! Seeing this one go through provides a little encouragement...Mine is for 150 points at $120 pp.
I'm a little worried - ours is $108 for 250 points. The owners were asking $110 so we offered $108 and they accepted. Our first resale offer. I didn't give ROFR too much thought until I startled looking at this thread.

I'm a little worried - ours is $108 for 250 points. The owners were asking $110 so we offered $108 and they accepted. Our first resale offer. I didn't give ROFR too much thought until I startled looking at this thread.
I hope it goes through for you. That would be a great deal!

So I was so so so wrong. I thought the Q2 sitch with global shutdown and ZERO ROFR would be the commentary king of all time, and it was here. Until Q3 - we have 120-130 pages of posts. And as a markets expert- I have never misread the marketplace more than this!!! For the best!!!! I thought DVC would be doom and gloom for 2-5 years. It still may? But the DVC recovery has been phenomenal. The interest is fascinating during a Pandemic, maybe Pete can do a case study on it?

If there’s a down-tick in buying, I think Riviera Direct will get hit hardest first. DVC is bold, they moved the date up to 10/18 for a blue card >100 points. They threatened once, sold a ton on SSR points via ROFR, now what??? The resorts still <40% sold, all because of resale restrictions. What is the game plan??? Everything is selling like wildfire except Riviera, BECAUSE of the stupid restrictions....

congrats ROFR Q3. Winner of 2020, and thanks to our dedicated admins who oversee it all(!).

I've been a longtime lurker on this board, but my husband and I are so happy to join the club! :yay:This was our first DVC purchase ever and we feel so blessed that we got Boardwalk, our home away from home. I hope that this information can help someone with their DVC purchase.

DocDisneyMagic---$108-$19089-162-BWV-Sep-0/19, 111/20, 162/21, 162/22-Prorated 2020 Dues- sent 8/20, passed 9/23

So I was so so so wrong. I thought the Q2 sitch with global shutdown and ZERO ROFR would be the commentary king of all time, and it was here. Until Q3 - we have 120-130 pages of posts. And as a markets expert- I have never misread the marketplace more than this!!! For the best!!!! I thought DVC would be doom and gloom for 2-5 years. It still may? But the DVC recovery has been phenomenal. The interest is fascinating during a Pandemic, maybe Pete can do a case study on it?

If there’s a down-tick in buying, I think Riviera Direct will get hit hardest first. DVC is bold, they moved the date up to 10/18 for a blue card >100 points. They threatened once, sold a ton on SSR points via ROFR, now what??? The resorts still <40% sold, all because of resale restrictions. What is the game plan??? Everything is selling like wildfire except Riviera, BECAUSE of the stupid restrictions....

congrats ROFR Q3. Winner of 2020, and thanks to our dedicated admins who oversee it all(!).

There is no data to suggest that the resale restrictions have severely impacted sales.

it’s a different product and Has remained competitive. In comparison to some others it’s met or exceeded prior resorts for certain figures

People assume DVD expected it to sell out faster and I am not convinced that was there plan. I think it was to sell mostly by the time Reflections went on sale

So, the pandemic now plays a role with 3 to 4 months down and less people visiting.

I think the new DL resort will have these restrictions and I’m going to say it won’t limit sales there either.

But. We all speculate so we shall see. I do agree that the resale market and DVC sales in general are pretty good given what has occurred.

I've been a longtime lurker on this board, but my husband and I are so happy to join the club! :yay:This was our first DVC purchase ever and we feel so blessed that we got Boardwalk, our home away from home. I hope that this information can help someone with their DVC purchase.

DocDisneyMagic---$108-$19089-162-BWV-Sep-0/19, 111/20, 162/21, 162/22-Prorated 2020 Dues- sent 8/20, passed 9/23
Congratulations!! This gives me hope that ours will pass as well. We have a contract in for BWV for the same price. I have my fingers crossed.

RE: resale restrictions, I think Disney rightly predicted that the vast majority of people don’t buy with any expectation that they will ever sell. So in their decision making process, the resale restrictions don’t apply to them, because they won’t cause any conseqences for them. (Only other people.) People don’t get married to get divorced either. (Again, that only happens to other people.)

I’m not saying it is a bad decision to buy RIV, not at all. It’s too risky for me personally, but I have a very low risk threshold. RIV also doesn’t appeal to me thematically, and I’m still uncertain about the Skyliner. But I will say that in the next 5-10 years, a lot of people are going to find that they do need to sell unexpectedly. That’s just life. Where the resale prices decide to settle, and how many points they initially purchased, will either make that a minor issue or a major financial disaster. Hopefully just a minor one.

But either way, Disney will have made their sale, made their profit, offered an inferior product* for the same price, and be sitting pretty. They seem to have a pretty good understanding of human nature to me.

*I do not mean RIV is an inferior resort. The resort is lovely. But the resale restrictions make in an inferior product compared to the L14 which can be bought and sold with no resale restrictions.

But the resale restrictions make in an inferior product compared to the L14 which can be bought and sold with no resale restrictions.
The L14 resorts DO have resale restrictions: you cannot use them at Riviera, the new DL Tower, and any future resorts. You cannot use their points for DCL, ABD, Disney Collections, Concierge Collections.

Those restrictions may not matter to many people, as they may have no interest in future resorts so long as the L14 remain, and the use of points for anything other than DVC is not a good use of points, but I just want to point out that there ARE resale restrictions out there for the L14. As we get closer towards 2042 - which admittedly is 22 years away so is a crazy long time - those restrictions may matter more and more, especially as we see what the landscape of new resorts are.

The L14 resorts DO have resale restrictions: you cannot use them at Riviera, the new DL Tower, and any future resorts. You cannot use their points for DCL, ABD, Disney Collections, Concierge Collections.

Those restrictions may not matter to many people, as they may have no interest in future resorts so long as the L14 remain, and the use of points for anything other than DVC is not a good use of points, but I just want to point out that there ARE resale restrictions out there for the L14. As we get closer towards 2042 - which admittedly is 22 years away so is a crazy long time - those restrictions may matter more and more, especially as we see what the landscape of new resorts are.
That is a fair point. You are right, there are some restrictions on resale points at the L14. None of them matter to me, but they may matter to others. However, RIV is by far the most restricted of the products that are available to buyers right now. In 22 years many things will be different and the decision matrix for everyone will have completely changed.

Anyone know what sort of thing could hold up estoppel? Checked in with my agent today - no estoppel. The seller changed their vacation, and we both signed the addendum with the new points on 9/15 - could that be causing some sort of delay?

Just found out that Disney waived ROFR on our contract.

Bryan Burmeister---$93-$21030-210-SSR-Oct-0/18, 0/19, 300/20, 210/21- sent 8/24, passed 9/24

I imagine this one just squeaked by, based on what else has been taken. Just goes to show that no one can predict Disney's process.

I'll just leave this here, to indicate how I imagine it goes......

b1fcb7cd-7c9d-4770-8156-039c28e508a2.gif

I imagine this one just squeaked by, based on what else has been taken. Just goes to show that no one can predict Disney's process.
It's always random and generally your odds are good. I'd never pay more just thinking it'll help "get it through". Best to just submit your best offer. Then, if it gets bought back, submit another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter