ROFR Thread July- Sept 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was an interesting few hours...Lost contract or what not, broker has Disney fast track it or something, boom passed!!!!

DHofCrazyMouser---$118-$12962-100-BLT-Oct-0/15, 0/16, 165/17, 100/18- sent 6/5, passed 7/11

pixiedust::dancer:

Congrats! This is getting me more excited about our contract! Fingers crossed!:cool1:

Passed today 7/11!!!! DW is going to go through the roof:). Any ideas on how to break the good news?

Congrats! I couldn't wait to break the good news, myself..... Because that meant we no longer had to talk about it. :rotfl2:

Maybe make an excuse for a last minute trip to the store and send a text on your way out. :thumbsup2

Gah - mine was sent 6/13 (28 days now) - still waiting to hear back.

I just checked my contract today, and the closing was set for August 7th (I'm assuming there's no chance of that now with estoppel and everything else that needs to occur).

Congrats to everyone who passed ROFR today!!!

yay!! So many contracts are passing! Congrats!!

Gah - mine was sent 6/13 (28 days now) - still waiting to hear back.

28 days! Almost to the end!! None of the resale broker blogs mentioned June Poly buy backs so I hope that means you'll get through. Hang in there! :-)

Well that was an interesting few hours...Lost contract or what not, broker has Disney fast track it or something, boom passed!!!!

DHofCrazyMouser---$118-$12962-100-BLT-Oct-0/15, 0/16, 165/17, 100/18- sent 6/5, passed 7/11

pixiedust::dancer:

Congrats and welcome to the BLT family !

skippytx---$125-$21505-160-BLT-Feb-0/16, 0/17, 320/18, 160/19- sent 7/11

Let the wait begin

Keeping fingers crossed...good luck !

So, after having multiple BLT contracts taken by ROFR, and one passing, I have a few theories/observations. These are just my opinions or observations and shouldn't be taken as gospel. Also, there are exceptions to every rule, and these are generalizations. Please feel free to chime in if you have noticed a trend to ROFR as well. The term "trend" as it applies to ROFR is probably already making some people laugh. :rotfl2:

1) DVD targets certain upcoming UY's and buys almost all of them back at the lower price point and even some that are higher if they are in that target UY. If you are looking for a August UY, I think you will be better off waiting until August 1st rolls around to buy one to avoid DVD exercising ROFR.
2) Once that month has begun, say June 1st looking at June UY contracts, those contracts are harder to sell directly by DVD because you could've gotten all 2016 points if you had closed just 1 day before, or May 31st. This is a perk of buying directly. This makes it less attractive to buyers since they now only get 2017 points. DVD will move onto different UY's once that previously targeted UY month begins.
3) DVD started buying back contracts with no 2017 or 2018 points a few months ago if the price was low enough which is just baffling but only on UY's that were coming up and not when the month had started already.
4) DVD LOVES to take contracts where the seller is paying closing costs which really stinks for buyers
5) DVD also LOVES to take contracts where the seller is paying all the MF's
6) Obviously DVD buys back less contracts through ROFR the higher the price goes per point which narrows the gap between direct and resale thereby decreasing their profit margin
7) Certain properties are pretty safe from ROFR no matter the price per point (Poly, Aulani, and VGF...for now)
8) Certain UY's seem to be very popular for ROFR no matter the time of year but less so when that month has begun until the next round of buybacks begins (June and December)

I think we will start to see DVD buying back Aug-Dec for the next few months. August is almost here, so that may be ending soon as these contracts currently listed may not close before August 1st. These are just my theories, and they may start proving incorrect as soon as this is posted. As other have stated, maybe it is just a drunken monkey throwing darts at a board, but I doubt it considering DVD is part of a multi-billion dollar corporation that always seems to be making money. Hopefully at least some of this is right and helps someone looking to buy. :thumbsup2

Last edited:
So, after having multiple BLT contracts taken by ROFR, and one passing, I have a few theories/observations. These are just my opinions or observations and shouldn't be taken as gospel. Also, there are exceptions to every rule, and these are generalizations. Please feel free to chime in if you have noticed a trend to ROFR as well. The term "trend" as it applies to ROFR is probably already making some people laugh. :rotfl2:

1) DVD targets certain upcoming UY's and buys almost all of them back at the lower price point and even some that are higher if they are in that target UY. If you are looking for a August UY, I think you will be better off waiting until August 1st rolls around to buy one to avoid DVD exercising ROFR.
2) Once that month has begun, say June 1st looking at June UY contracts, those contracts are harder to sell directly by DVD because you could've gotten all 2016 points if you had closed just 1 day before, or May 31st. This is a perk of buying directly. This makes it less attractive to buyers since they now only get 2017 points. DVD will move onto different UY's once that previously targeted UY month begins.
3) DVD started buying back contracts with no 2017 or 2018 points a few months ago if the price was low enough which is just baffling but only on UY's that were coming up and not when the month had started already.
4) DVD LOVES to take contracts where the seller is paying closing costs which really stinks for buyers
6) Obviously DVD buys back less contracts through ROFR the higher the price goes per point which narrows the gap between direct and resale thereby decreasing their profit margin
7) Certain properties are pretty safe from ROFR no matter the price per point (Poly, Aulani, and VGF...for now)
8) Certain UY's seem to be very popular for ROFR no matter the time of year but less so when that month has begun until the next round of buybacks begins (June and December)

I think we will start to see DVD buying back Aug-Dec for the next few months. August is almost here, so that may be ending soon as these contracts currently listed may not close before August 1st. These are just my theories, and they may start proving incorrect as soon as this is posted. As other have stated, maybe it is just a drunken monkey throwing darts at a board, but I doubt it considering DVD is part of a multi-billion dollar corporation that always seems to be making money. Hopefully at least some of this is right and helps someone looking to buy. :thumbsup2

I hope you're wrong about some of these. #s 3,5, & 8 apply to the one we currently have in ROFR.

Just got the e-mail... Our contract passed ROFR!!!! As of 4:37pm it's ours!!! (FearThisInc---$85-$37594-400-AKV-Dec-0/15, 0/16, 400/17, 400/18- sent 6/26, passed 07/11)

Looks like I'm in the same class of you. Just registered since I'm sure I'll be using the forum very soon.
5BW56 Boardwalk Villas 150 $103 Apr 300 points for 2017 (150 + 150 banked) + 150 for 2018 $15,750

Sent 6/26 and passed today 7/12

I hope you're wrong about some of these. #s 3,5, & 8 apply to the one we currently have in ROFR.

I think you'll be ok. They have slowed down their buybacks considerably. They were going so crazy at the beginning of the year with exercising ROFR, maybe they're cooling it for now unless it is just an amazing deal with a loaded contract.

Looks like I'm in the same class of you. Just registered since I'm sure I'll be using the forum very soon.
5BW56 Boardwalk Villas 150 $103 Apr 300 points for 2017 (150 + 150 banked) + 150 for 2018 $15,750

Sent 6/26 and passed today 7/12

Nice!! Could you format that with the link in post #1 for the list?

I think your observations are pretty accurate based on the info I put in my spreadsheet of the BLT contracts from Jan'16 - March of '17 ROFR threads

Here is some of what I have:
27 of 98 were taken in those 15 months of data, 27.55%, only a couple times were they the month of or just after the use month
16 of 47 taken were below $110 a point, 34.04% in that range
29 of the 98 had the seller paying MF or closing, they took 12 of those 29, 41.38%
Of the 27 taken: 9 had less than current use year points, 6 were current, 12 had more
Of the 27 taken, 24 were from: Feb, Mar, June, Aug and Dec, I will add the percentage of those months taken was pretty close to the over all % taken

Lastly, I will say what Texaschick123 said, just observations, not gospel, chime in with what ya see and with a 59-72.45 or more % chance of passing, the odds are in your favor :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter