ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
mblsj---$130-$11109-75-BLT-Dec-150/23, 75/24, 75/25- sent 2/28

mblsj---$130-$11109-75-BLT-Dec-150/23, 75/24, 75/25- sent 2/28

Not a typo, two 75 point contracts, same price, same points, same seller, same buyer :-)
Do you save any money on closing costs doing this?

Do you save any money on closing costs doing this?
Unfortunately, no.
I'd expect to pay 2x the closing costs this way, but it'll likely be easier to later sell a 75 pt contract than 150 pt down the road. Or one might decide later to spread out to another resort and keep just half the pts. Provides nice flexibility later for a little extra closing costs now.
Yes...this is exactly my thinking

Yes...this is exactly my thinking
Yep, I think it's a good/safe approach. We (I, sorry honey) want 200 pts at CCV so we're currently getting 100 pt now and then (surprise honey!) eventually getting another 100 pt. We can do the 1bdr now and then later sell one of them and do studios when the kids are grown and gone.

We did get a 200 pt BCV last year and that one I plan to run out the clock on, but 2068 is a long, long way away! Maybe in 20 yrs there's an amazing new Yacht Club DVC we want to split our time with. Who knows!

I purchased two VGC contracts from the same seller and my closing title company cut me a deal for doing both at the same time. Doesn't hurt to ask.
I was thinking the same, you usually get reduced closing costs for 2 at once from same seller

I would think that goes for any 2042 resort?

Agreed. My opinion is that ROFR is dead until the new “DVC 2.0” is launched. Whatever that turns out to be. It will stick around for GFV until they pipeline of demand wanes down.

I know I know … there are “no waitlists” and “no points available”, but they were saying the same to me about VGC. And after calling my guide every other day for two weeks … voila! VGC points were available.

Agreed. My opinion is that ROFR is dead until the new “DVC 2.0” is launched. Whatever that turns out to be. It will stick around for GFV until they pipeline of demand wanes down.

I know I know … there are “no waitlists” and “no points available”, but they were saying the same to me about VGC. And after calling my guide every other day for two weeks … voila! VGC points were available.
So, you got VGC direct points too?

To add more evidence for my Cammy fan girl status, got the closing docs this morning, signed and wired my funds. Cammy emailed me this afternoon that closing is scheduled for 2/29 🥳 Will that go on record as the fastest closing ever??
Well... Does sending for ROFR 2/7, getting back on 2/27 and closing on 3/1 count as faster? 23 days here with a Cammy closing... But here I am counting my chickens since I technically only have a closing date ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter