ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do some resale broker's charge an admin fee (often assumed to be paid by the buyer) and others don't? Is it just more money for the broker right off the top or is it a different way to distribute fees that exist with all broker, maybe the other brokers charge it all to the seller?
My understanding at least with fidelity when I looked into it was it’s to offset some of the cost to the sellers. So you’ll see people ask the seller to pay the admin fee.

I know this is the ROFR thread, but figured I would ask very knowledgeable people.

If I'm looking to get points at BCV just to stay there - only use those points there - does it still make it easier to have the same UY as my other contract?

I'm thinking it doesn't matter as I will only be using BC points at BC.

I made a few low bid offers in the last few days. The broker for the board sponsor was so nice about. No wonder he comes highly recommended. The other 2 brokers at the place that makes a lot of mistakes didn't even bother to respond or counter.

Where is everyone getting these great deals from? I feel like no one wants to really negotiate!
I feel the same way! I’ve been putting in so many low-ball offers and only a select few have answered. Some I really want the contract and willing to negotiate

My contract isn't as smoking as some of these others, but it was my 7th offer targeting older sales. (from 3 different brokers)

I only had 1 come back with a counter as ridiculous as my first offer :). My seller accepted it outright and I kicked myself for not trying lower - although I was ok with paying 5 more a point so still a win.

I know this is the ROFR thread, but figured I would ask very knowledgeable people.

If I'm looking to get points at BCV just to stay there - only use those points there - does it still make it easier to have the same UY as my other contract?

I'm thinking it doesn't matter as I will only be using BC points at BC.
It depends more on WHEN you plan to use these points at BCV. All my contracts have March UY but my VGC is June. I exclusively use my VGC points at VGC and it works out fine. Better actually because most of our DLR trips are in November and that would not have worked with a March UY. Having said that. If you can have all your points under a single UY and your travel dates fall inside the safe banking window, that would be most ideal IMO.

I feel the same way! I’ve been putting in so many low-ball offers and only a select few have answered. Some I really want the contract and willing to negotiate

FWIW, you can always pick up the phone and call them before submitting an offer.

Dumb question but what exactly do you ask when you do this?
When I bought VGC a few years back, it was originally listed for $250pp. It was my first resale contract so I wasn't sure if it was rude/appropriate to offer $220pp. So I called the broker and asked, and ended up having a nice conversation. It established a great relationship throughout the ROFR and closing process where I felt comfortable reaching out to her to get regular updates. It was especially helpful because not long after we agreed on the purchase price at $220, average VGC resale prices shot up to $260pp in a matter of 2 months. I was super nervous that the owner might back out. But the sale ended up going through. Dang, that was probably much more than what you were looking for. 🤣 Short story is, it never hurts to call and talk to a broker. It's quite nice and personal over doing everything online.

It's really no different than a real estate broker, being nice and helping people through the process make a good realtor. It's about building that relationship and they make no money by not trying to make sales happen.

I submitted a couple offers through a broker that I had already worked with in the past and he even tried to reason with the sellers that the market is unstable and to be more open to offers. Didn't work but I always check what he has for sale before anywhere else.

Dumb question but what exactly do you ask when you do this?

“I was looking at a contract I saw on your website, is it still available?

I’m looking at a number of contracts and am going to be making some aggressive offers and wanted to check with your first to see if you think the seller would be receptive to negotiating or if they are pretty firm?”

Another question that is tangential to this thread, but this thread probably has the people who are best equiped to answer.

If I book something on my existing contract using current UY point, and buy a new contract with banked points that is the same UY at the same resort, can I substitute the points that were used to book with the banked points from the new contract?

Basically I have a dilemma that some of these banked contract I'm looking probably wont close in time for me to make a GV booking for my desired dates (close to 11 months out). Since banked points expire it would be great to able to apply to a current reservation and get current UY points back so I can bank them.

Another question that is tangential to this thread, but this thread probably has the people who are best equiped to answer.

If I book something on my existing contract using current UY point, and buy a new contract with banked points that is the same UY at the same resort, can I substitute the points that were used to book with the banked points from the new contract?

Basically I have a dilemma that some of these banked contract I'm looking probably wont close in time for me to make a GV booking for my desired dates (close to 11 months out). Since banked points expire it would be great to able to apply to a current reservation and get current UY points back so I can bank them.
if the new contract is the same home resort and UY, you should be able to "swap" these points because even though their separate contracts, it falls under the same membership so MS should be able to do this for you.

Yes, as long as it is 31 days or more from the stsrt of your reservation. Any changes to a trip within 31 days results in holding points so the banked points would go in but the points coming out would be restricted.

Yes, we passed on 2/24 and are still waiting on closing docs from magic vacation title. while i agree that ROFR is the worst part of buying resale, it also depends on how soon you need those points. i have a trip planned in november and was hoping to have my new contract loaded and ready to go by 4/14, when our seven month mark opens and we can modify our resort/room. i'm a little nervous that we won't make it in time!
We passed on 2/24 and were hoping to book for early October… we just missed our 7 month window and are still waiting for our closing docs too. This is our first contract, so I’m trying to remind myself this is just the first of many.
At the same time, we have some banked points we need to use soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter