ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We purchased our first resale contract in September, our second just closed a couple weeks ago. We got lucky and got the same use year on both. We're currently looking for a 3rd contract (and then we're done, I swear lol), but it seems that August use year contracts are few and far between. Are there really less August contracts? Or does it just seem that way because it's what I'm looking for? 😂

We purchased our first resale contract in September, our second just closed a couple weeks ago. We got lucky and got the same use year on both. We're currently looking for a 3rd contract (and then we're done, I swear lol), but it seems that August use year contracts are few and far between. Are there really less August contracts? Or does it just seem that way because it's what I'm looking for? 😂

Someone was asking about the same thing. I'm not looking for August UY but when I did a search for all listings and filtered by UY, August seems like the one with less inventory. December has the most!

Someone was asking about the same thing. I'm not looking for August UY but when I did a search for all listings and filtered by UY, August seems like the one with less inventory. December has the most!
I noticed that too, December is definitely the most common across all sites. We're open to a different use year, just would have been nice to find another August.

Thanks all for the encouragement.
I'm definitely not making offers trying to get the lowest possible pricing as compared to others on Disboards; if so I would have started lower than the lowest offer! I'm still annoyed at this broker who has emailed back a few times to tell me how wrong I am and that I shouldn't believe everything I read on Disboards and that their sellers are not desperate to sell. Ooooookay.
Is it a broker you can name and shame on here? If so, I'm sure a few of us pests could give them some tough love with "improved offers".

I noticed that too, December is definitely the most common across all sites. We're open to a different use year, just would have been nice to find another August.
We have 3 contracts at 3 different resorts that are all August UY. I had no idea they were hard to find! We must have seriously lucked out! We did add a Feb UY contract with this last one to spread out points out a bit so I haven’t had my eyes out for August for a bit. Good luck, hope you all find some!

We have 3 contracts at 3 different resorts that are all August UY. I had no idea they were hard to find! We must have seriously lucked out! We did add a Feb UY contract with this last one to spread out points out a bit so I haven’t had my eyes out for August for a bit. Good luck, hope you all find some!

You had some SERIOUS luck!! 🍀👍Now send some of that good energy to us! We need it! haha😁

This isn't current (last updated in 2018), but probably still gives a good indication of the spread among UY's:

https://dvcnews.com/?view=article&id=4071&catid=166

Obviously it doesn't include Riviera or VGF2 as well as most of CCV. But it shows the spread among all the other resorts.

I had the same issue but we just kept bidding and now I’m waiting on SSR to pass ROFR @ $85 270/22 270/23 270/24.
I meant to ask if you just looked at one resale company to get the contact through, or did you look at multiple companies to find the contact you wanted?

Thanks

Thanks all for the encouragement.
I'm definitely not making offers trying to get the lowest possible pricing as compared to others on Disboards; if so I would have started lower than the lowest offer! I'm still annoyed at this broker who has emailed back a few times to tell me how wrong I am and that I shouldn't believe everything I read on Disboards and that their sellers are not desperate to sell. Ooooookay.
haters gonna hate

i swore off a couple of brokers after getting messages like that, not giving them any of my money!

I don't think buyers should take any offense to sellers scoffing at the offers, just as much as sellers shouldn't take any offense to perceived low-ball offers. It's nothing personal. If a seller or broker scoffs, just move on. There are plenty of other listings. The goal is to get one that meets your needs. If that means you haveto go through 50 offers, so be it! As long as you get that one. I sure wish I was in the market now to buy. Oh the fun I would have!

I’ve started making offers and am on around the 8th or 9th, and no counters anywhere near my offers. I haven’t started lower than the lowest price I’ve seen on the ROFR threads.

Today, a broker told me a bunch of conflicting stuff: first they said the seller just saw their emails, then they said the seller had previously given a counter to another agent and I could counter THAT if I wanted, then they (broker) said my offer was far too low and even in this soft market wouldn’t be accepted and that if I were the seller, I wouldn’t accept lol. Was my offer even presented ??? Idk, I find this pretty irritating. I’ll just move on, but blah.
Most sales are for substantially more than the lowest prices you see posted here. You can’t expect to get the single greatest deal anyone has gotten or you’ll be disappointed.

But in the case of that offer I’d move on.

Most sales are for substantially more than the lowest prices you see posted here. You can’t expect to get the single greatest deal anyone has gotten or you’ll be disappointed.

But in the case of that offer I’d move on.
Au contraire. If you don't really need the points but there is a price at which you are tempted then you can expect to get the greatest deal but not be disappointed by failure.

Au contraire. If you don't really need the points but there is a price at which you are tempted then you can expect to get the greatest deal but not be disappointed by failure.
On that same coin, sellers may also be in the position of not really needing to sell, and there is a price at which they are not willing to even consider. So for the most part, it's luck that drives these low-ball sales. When a savvy buyer happens to meet with a desperate seller, where you see these really low prices on this board. But for the most part, sales are probably higher than what you see here.

Well sure and that’s where I’m at personally but if I get someone to bite at a couple bucks over the very best deal and it’s $40 below what it was a year ago and $20 less than what it will be a year or two from now then I’m good.

On that same coin, sellers may also be in the position of not really needing to sell, and there is a price at which they are not willing to even consider. So for the most part, it's luck that drives these low-ball sales. When a savvy buyer happens to meet with a desperate seller, where you see these really low prices on this board. But for the most part, sales are probably higher than what you see here.
I always found the prices on the boards a lot lower than the average resale prices as a whole. DVC News used to report out on average resale prices and the max ROFR'ed price. Haven't seen an update on it since last year. I always thought that was a great source of information because it wasn't tied to one specific broker (who may or may not have an agenda when publishing these kinds of data).

I always found the prices on the boards a lot lower than the average resale prices as a whole. DVC News used to report out on average resale prices and the max ROFR'ed price. Haven't seen an update on it since last year. I always thought that was a great source of information because it wasn't tied to one specific broker (who may or may not have an agenda when publishing these kinds of data).
yes. DVC News is my favorite resource for DVC information. I wish they did those resale reports more often but I understand that it's a whole lot of data for one person to sift through it all and make reports on. Tim K needs more AI!

yes. DVC News is my favorite resource for DVC information. I wish they did those resale reports more often but I understand that it's a whole lot of data for one person to sift through it all and make reports on. Tim K needs more AI!
If there was a way to automate grabbing the text (specifically the number of points on the contract) from the PDFs for each deed, we can automate calculating resale prices using that formula from the deed doc tax (and probably have more granularity in the reports like showing prices differences between 25-100 pt contracts vs 100-200 and 200+). But alas, my C++ skills from high school computer science 20 years ago won't do us much good lol.

If there was a way to automate grabbing the text (specifically the number of points on the contract) from the PDFs for each deed, we can automate calculating resale prices using that formula from the deed doc tax (and probably have more granularity in the reports like showing prices differences between 25-100 pt contracts vs 100-200 and 200+). But alas, my C++ skills from high school computer science 20 years ago won't do us much good lol.
You're better off than me! Because I have no idea what you just said. 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter