**ROFR Thread 2015 July-December** Please read 1st post for instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I was wrong. They actually took the most back in January. I wonder if it really has anything to do with time of year and everything to do with the price of the contract? But some of the OKW contracts that were recently taken have been priced on the higher end. I guess we will never figure them out.

Sorry to hear this.

Seems like they are taking smaller contracts. We passed at less per point, but 370 points on an extended OKW contract. We got banked points and the seller paid this year's dues.

$86 per point seems like it should have no problem. I guess there is no rhyme or reason to what they are taking.

Thanks to RobbW for all this awesome info. I feel like i have my own private DVC CPA.

Ha! Thanks. And you're welcome. Always happy to help. Though, I'm afraid I may end up having to place one of these disclaimers in my DIS signature:

Disclaimer
Any accounting, business or tax advice contained in this communication, including attachments and enclosures, is not intended as a thorough, in-depth analysis of specific issues, nor a substitute for a formal opinion, nor is it sufficient to avoid tax-related penalties. If desired, (Firm) would be pleased to perform the requisite research and provide you with a detailed written analysis. Such an engagement may be the subject of a separate engagement letter that would define the scope and limits of the desired consultation services.

I'm a CPA, too. Someone needs to do a chart showing the percentage of CPAs on this thread!

Well, here's a list of ROFRed contracts in 2015 and the months in which they were taken.

ROFR%20Taken%20with%20Months%202015-09-09-XL.jpg
Interesting on January.... Thank you for sharing so summer is more active followed by January. Of course the holidays are very busy times too... any times I guess is busy now at Disney!

Talked to my broker today. She said disney bought back 5 other contracts yesterday, none of which they were expecting. A 60 point VWL for $90pp and 4 other OKW contracts 200 points for $74, 200 points for $72, 150 point for $76 and 300 points (didn't catch the $ amount). Not sure if they were loaded or stripped or whatever. I guess my contract picked the wrong day to sit on someone's desk!

Talked to my broker today. She said disney bought back 5 other contracts yesterday, none of which they were expecting. A 60 point VWL for $90pp and 4 other OKW contracts 200 points for $74, 200 points for $72, 150 point for $76 and 300 points (didn't catch the $ amount). Not sure if they were loaded or stripped or whatever. I guess my contract picked the wrong day to sit on someone's desk!

WOW!! Looks like they are on a taking frenzy! I wonder why they are concentrating so heavily on OKW?

WOW!! Looks like they are on a taking frenzy! I wonder why they are concentrating so heavily on OKW?

It's my luck. It's because we submitted an OKW contract. I swear, I'm one of those people who can get in the short check out line and then have the cashier have to turn on the flashing light every single time.

Huh. They took back a VWL. I haven't seen that in a while. My guess would be to fill a wait list.

ton80 -------- $84-$8400-100-SSR-Oct-100/'15 100/16--seller accepted offer today.

2nd try at resale (We already own at SSR with Oct UY) Disny grabbed our other try last month!!!!!!

ton80 -------- $84-$8400-100-SSR-Oct-100/'15 100/16--seller accepted offer today.

2nd try at resale (We already own at SSR with Oct UY) Disny grabbed our other try last month!!!!!!
Good luck :)! Fingers crossed this one is a winner!

Jnjhuddle---$79-$12,309-150-OKW-Oct-0/'14, 150/'15, 150/'16 SELLER pays 2015 MF-sent 9/10

Ready for the roller coaster again! Was planning on adding smaller contracts each year, but with the prices going up, esp on the smaller contracts, we decided to go for more points this time-plus this one matches our use year-and who couldn't use more points?

It's my luck. It's because we submitted an OKW contract. I swear, I'm one of those people who can get in the short check out line and then have the cashier have to turn on the flashing light every single time.
Let's just hope your luck (and mine) changes soon!!

Sent 9/11... Hopefully 2nd time is a charm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter