**ROFR Thread 2014 JULY-DEC** Please read 1st post for instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helenr---$75-$11,250-150-SSR-Dec-105/'13, 150/'14, 150/'15-sent 12/01 passed 12/27

Hmmmmmmmm
We also were sent 12/1, still haven't heard.....counting down.

We are in the same boat. We learned that there was a delay or snafu in sending our docs to Disney. When I called them they said it was actually sent on Dec 1 but received by Disney on Dec 12. They say the clock starts ticking as of Dec 12, so I shouldn't expect to hear about ROFR status until Jan 12. Is that true for everyone else? Is it 30 days from the Disney "received" date or the "sent" date? Until now I didn't realize there was such a big difference.

We are in the same boat. We learned that there was a delay or snafu in sending our docs to Disney. When I called them they said it was actually sent on Dec 1 but received by Disney on Dec 12. They say the clock starts ticking as of Dec 12, so I shouldn't expect to hear about ROFR status until Jan 12. Is that true for everyone else? Is it 30 days from the Disney "received" date or the "sent" date? Until now I didn't realize there was such a big difference.

What agent? Hope that didnt happen to us amd they just didnt tell us.....i suppose it wouldn't surprise me but would veryfrustrating.

The way I hear it, the 30 days thing is not a hard and fast rule. I've been told that Disney is supposed to be informed for ROFR 30 days before closing. Which would be a deadline. But in reality, most title companies will not start the closing process until Disney has passed on ROFR. Making the process longer for the buyer but easier on the title company. If I got that wrong someone will correct me.

The way I hear it, the 30 days thing is not a hard and fast rule. I've been told that Disney is supposed to be informed for ROFR 30 days before closing. Which would be a deadline. But in reality, most title companies will not start the closing process until Disney has passed on ROFR. Making the process longer for the buyer but easier on the title company. If I got that wrong someone will correct me.

I agree with you, they do not want to get in fight with disney. Let's say they closed and recorded the deed and found out disney wanted that contract at that price. Legally I believe disney may not have ground to stand on but they got more muscle to fight with title company.

Why would it take so long for Disney to "receive" it? I emailed our ROFR docs to Disney on 11/28, they emailed me back on 11/30 that they couldn't open the attachment, so I re-emailed them on 12/1. I'm ASSuming that 12/1 is the start of their 30 day period, which would make today Day 30. Who knows if that's correct or not, though.

Why would it take so long for Disney to "receive" it? I emailed our ROFR docs to Disney on 11/28, they emailed me back on 11/30 that they couldn't open the attachment, so I re-emailed them on 12/1. I'm ASSuming that 12/1 is the start of their 30 day period, which would make today Day 30. Who knows if that's correct or not, though.

My resale company took care of emailing the ROFR documents to Disney-did you email them directly to Disney yourself or did you mean you sent them to a resale broker? We sent ours in to our broker on 12/11 but they had to wait to receive the sellers documents to be emailed back before they could submit ROFR. We got a email from the broker late on 12/12 with a copy of the signed seller documents and notification that the documents had been submitted to Disney for ROFR. So if your seller didn't return their documents promptly that could have delayed the date they were sent to Disney.

davecon3-$73-$12,220-150 SSR- -Dec UY 150/14, 150/15, 150/16 seller pays 2014 mf, buyer pays 2015 mf and closing. Sent 12/3 originally listed at $79...was firm with my first counteroffer of $67... then noticed he dropped to $75...offered and accepted $73

Broker called yesterday to say Disney has it in their hands? Said to go ahead and schedule closing or something like that!?

Just got an email at 9pm tonight that we passed ROFR!!!!!!:cool1:pixiedust:

My resale company took care of emailing the ROFR documents to Disney-did you email them directly to Disney yourself or did you mean you sent them to a resale broker? We sent ours in to our broker on 12/11 but they had to wait to receive the sellers documents to be emailed back before they could submit ROFR. We got a email from the broker late on 12/12 with a copy of the signed seller documents and notification that the documents had been submitted to Disney for ROFR. So if your seller didn't return their documents promptly that could have delayed the date they were sent to Disney.

I'm not using a broker. I'm working straight with Disney.

I have been watching and it seems like prices for AKV have ticked up a bit since the fall. I just put in a contract for $81 @ AKV 160 points with no 2103, but all 2014 points. I looked around on the internet and there were other similar contracts for $81-$83. A number of contracts had no 2014 points. I might have been able to get a deal for $77-79 with no 2014 points, but we wanted a certain UY and wanted 2014 points. Your deal is even better than mine, as you get 2013 points. We had no need for 2013 points, but will use 2014 points. I think your deal is within $1 of about the best (non-distress) deal that you could get.

vn2y---$70-$19518-250-BWV-Aug-250/'14, 250/'15, 250/'16, --sent 11/17

This will be our first resale contract and crossing our fingers that it goes through!

vn2y---$70-$19518-250-BWV-Aug-250/'14, 250/'15, 250/'16, --sent 12/1, taken 12/31

The Mouse exercised his ROFR. We are really bummed. I've revised the sent date to the actual date that the broker sent it to Disney.

I think you're right. There was a delay in getting the seller documents returned. We heard today that Disney took our contract. Boo.

Hope things go well for you though!

As mentioned, I have a new contract pending ROFR with disney now, but here are the details of the one just taken by the mouse:

mjmsp111---$78-$15,600-200-SSR-Aug-, 180/'13, 200/'14, 200/'15, 250/'16-sent 11/24, TAKEN 12/24.

I have been watching and it seems like prices for AKV have ticked up a bit since the fall. I just put in a contract for $81 @ AKV 160 points with no 2103, but all 2014 points. I looked around on the internet and there were other similar contracts for $81-$83. A number of contracts had no 2014 points. I might have been able to get a deal for $77-79 with no 2014 points, but we wanted a certain UY and wanted 2014 points. Your deal is even better than mine, as you get 2013 points. We had no need for 2013 points, but will use 2014 points. I think your deal is within $1 of about the best (non-distress) deal that you could get.

I wonder if prices will hold up now that dues are $6.30 a point at AKV I often look at what is available and prices seem the same but the actual selling prices do seem higher than in previous mobths we bought 160 point contract in February that was listed for $82.00 and paid $68.00 and a 180 point contract listed to $81.00 and purchase for $72.00 both had points from previous use year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter