Rob & Nikki's VR Trip Report *Updated with price breakdown!*

77547.jpg

77522.jpg

Here is a good picture of the centerpiece and shows how they were able to put so many candles because they connected the centerpiece to make it one "unit". Also you can see how the table name cards I made looked on the table.

79383.jpg

Here is a great shot of us dancing and having fun. In the picture is me, my mom and my 2 sisters.

80390.jpg

Here is a pic of Katherine Flocken our silhouette artist;
79007-1.jpg

It was overall a fantastic day. We are both so happy we did it. Even though we had a lot of stress and family issues I still would've wanted them all there so I am glad they were apart of our day. I don't think I would've done anything any different. I was happy with all our venders, Disney, our locations, floral, food, timeline, transportation. OK, maybe a few things I didn't love, but now looking back I wouldn't change anything.

In conclusion, DH and I have decided we want to do another vow renewal in a couple of years. Just us and our kids. Either at the new Disney Hawaii resort or an Escape at Disneyworld. This time if we go that route we will have an Illuminations dessert party!!! We both really feel that it is such a great way to express our love and renew our commitment to each other. To have our children sharing it was so very special. It made us fall even more in love(if that was even possible!) and we just loved every minute of it!

Your reception looked fantastic!!!!! That's a shame about the mix-up with the timing of the food service but I'm glad they fixed it and you had a wonderful time!
:goodvibes

Wow - everything looks wonderful. Love your dress, flowers, centerpieces, everything. You kids look perfect in their wedding outfits and so does you DH. We had Misty and Stan also and we just loved everything they did. I remember reading your PJ and everything came together. Our wedding day was November 10, 2008 and I remember when you were planning your VR posting on your journal yoru VR was the day before our anniversary and we were planning on being down there for that. Unfortunately we were not able to make it back until Feb. 2010.

If you ever go back for the anniversary of your VR and we make it back for our anniversary - we will have to meet.

We would love to do either a VR or just a Grand Gathering of some kind for our 5 year anniversary - as we had the big Disney wedding - I think a GG event for our 5 year anniversary would be perfect.

Linda

I found your TR from a post you had on another thread. I just read the whole thing and I love everything you had. After seeing the pics you had with your children after the wedding I wish I had the forethought to ask that they stay with us for our pictures.

I love you idea of having another VR in maybe Hawaii at Aulani. I just may steal that idea. Even though DH and I just got married in December I am already wanting to do it again, lol.

Thank you for sharing! :wizard:

I found your TR from a post you had on another thread. I just read the whole thing and I love everything you had. After seeing the pics you had with your children after the wedding I wish I had the forethought to ask that they stay with us for our pictures.

I love you idea of having another VR in maybe Hawaii at Aulani. I just may steal that idea. Even though DH and I just got married in December I am already wanting to do it again, lol.

Thank you for sharing! :wizard:

Thank you so very much!!
I keep changing my mind going back and forth with a VR in Hawaii or an Escape VR at WDW. It would just be DH and I and our 2 kids. I would really like to do it on the Poly beach and then have a nice dinner followed by a Illuminations dessert party! That was the one thing I wanted that we couldn't do due to the time of our event. I know Hawaii would be beautiful but that long plane ride scares me! LOL

Can you give us a run down of the cost...or just total would be fine.

Thanks

Here ya go!

Wedding Pavilion $3195
Limo $282.48
Motor coach $781.20
Bar 38 adults $1468.70
Bar 7 kids $184.93
3 Vender meals $53.93
Dinner 7 kids $207.47
Dinner 38 adults $4362.40
Cocktail hour $579.89
DJ $1035
Mickey $800
Cake $450
Floral BEO $2813.75

Outside venders:
photographer: $1785
videographer: $2253.96
silhouette artist: $500
hair/makeup: $170
Officiant: $225

Resort: $2440
Airfare: $818.80

Grand Total: $23,916.71

Here is a more detailed breakdown of the Floral prices:
My bouquet $253

DH, DS, and DD's floral (2 boutineres and one flower wand) $89

Rose petals in a basket for staged exit $120

Kids centerpiece for activity table $60

*Cocktail hour:
5 cocktail tables with 4 chairs each, 2 highboys, 1 kids activity table
Each chair covered with ivory cotton cover with chocolate cotton bow. 30 chair covers $255

3 votives per table $52

*Reception:
5 triple cylinder sets ($15 each) $75
Rose petals and ribbon on cylinders $100
ivory floating candles ($3.25 each) $48.75
3 groupings of 3 shot glass votives on each table ($2.50 each) $45
Cake floral and table decor $72.50
7 chocolate pin tuck floor length table linen ($39 each) $273
50 chocolate pin tuck napkins menu fold no base plate ($2.50 each) $125
45 mahogany chiavari chairs ($12.50 each) $562.50

Other costs were my DH's & DS's tux's. DD's dress, shoes and jewlery, my shoes and jewlery. My mom paid for my dress which was around $750, and I paid for the alterations which was over $100 but can't remember the exact amount. Then we had to buy AP's for our kids, we recieved 2 free adult AP's and of course money for the week we were done there and MVMCP tickets. Oh and around $30 for the activities for the kids table that I bought myself, and I don't have the figures in front of me but I had to add the price for the invites that I made, the place cards and holders and table name cards. The other biggest price was tax and gratuity which was I believe around $2,000!! When all was said and done it was right around $30,000.

Hope this helps!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter