Road Warrior Poll: How far did you drive to get to Disneyworld/Disneyland last trip?

How many miles did you drive (one way) to get there?

• 0-50

Votes: 17 14.8%
  • >50

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • >150

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • >500

Votes: 34 29.6%
  • >1000

Votes: 51 44.3%
  • >2000

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Buc-ees: WDW sans rides. Never again
Yes, we live in Texas and pass one frequently, and I’m so glad other stations have reliably clean bathrooms too. We zip right past the Buc-ee’s exit and marvel at the number of cars there!

I will admit we stopped there several times years ago and even bought things (a purse, for example), but it’s too crowded now.

The drives are a little over 1000 miles each way. We leave early morning, arriving 15-16 hours later, depending on stops, weather, traffic…

Along I-75: there's one in KY, near Lexington...and I think a couple in GA.
Thanks. Those would be a longer trip for me but.... I discovered there is one south of Jacksonville and another near Daytona both just off I-95!

I have it easy, a little over 500 miles. I can leave my house in Athens, GA (actually a tad north of Athens) and get to my resort in about 7 1/2 hours. That is stopping once at Chick Fil A for breakfast (or McDonalds if it's Sunday), once at a rest stop for potty and once at a gas station for potty and gas. I usually get there between 1 and 2 pm, depending on when I leave home and the weather. I always have car snacks with me and since I get there so early, I head to Epcot to knosh at festival booths for my lupper (lunch/supper).

Along I-75: there's one in KY, near Lexington...and I think a couple in GA.
There is one on I-75 just outside of Macon. I stopped my last trip just to check out RV parking for us. I wasn't impressed and would much rather just stop at a rest stop. It was very crowded and noisy and the bathrooms weren't that clean. The parking was not ideal for a 5th wheel.

There is one on I-75 just outside of Macon. I stopped my last trip just to check out RV parking for us. I wasn't impressed and would much rather just stop at a rest stop. It was very crowded and noisy and the bathrooms weren't that clean. The parking was not ideal for a 5th wheel.
Good to know, and too bad. Drivers in Texas are used to spacious buildings and huge parking lots and clean facilities and large gas pump plazas. I just looked at google maps for the two Florida locations and they look spacious also.

I am the long distance driver in the family and have made the drive from northern Virginia many times. It is about 12 hours, if we are lucky.

Our last drive down, on Dec. 23, 2018, the traffic in Georgia was so bad that it added on an extra 4 hours. Never again!

Since then we fly or take the Autotrain out of Lorton to Sanford.

On a side note, I finally visited a Buc-ees on a drive to Texas last year and was flabbergasted at the massive parking lot, the line of cars waiting to get in and out of the parking lot, and the line for the women’s restroom (waited 30 minutes). I guess people like it, but it was one and done for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter