Rivers of Light Package Restaurant Options Recommendation

brad813

DIS Veteran
I am able to get a lunchtime Rivers of Light Dining Package(the dinner ones are booked up for my date). The Tusker House option is $52 and the Tiffin's option is $67. Which would you suggest for a good overall value for the package. It will be just me, and this will be my final day at the parks. Which would everyone suggest based on cost and overall quality of the food?

My husband and I did Tiffin's. It was delicious and a very good experience. Our waiter was excellent. However, it is a slow paced meal (as it should be) so if that would bother you as a solo diner, keep that in mind.

Which has food you like better? Do you eat a lot, because there's a recent warning thread about Tiffin's portions being skimpy? How adventurous are you?

Read the menus. If the Tiffin's menu sounds good to you, then the food at Tusker House would probably be disappointing. If the Tiffins menu leaves you a bit bewildered, then embrace the joy of mediocre buffet food and character dining. Two VERY different experiences, so choose the one that sounds more enjoyable to you.

Honestly, the menus at both sound appealing. This will be my first visit to the park. Given my training in restaurant management, I know roughly what to expect from both styles of service. However, I do not have direct experience with these particular establishments, so I have no clue on food quality or what the non-package price of Tusker House is. I was hoping someone could provide some insight on these questions.

Honestly, the menus at both sound appealing. This will be my first visit to the park. Given my training in restaurant management, I know roughly what to expect from both styles of service. However, I do not have direct experience with these particular establishments, so I have no clue on food quality or what the non-package price of Tusker House is. I was hoping someone could provide some insight on these questions.
We enjoyed the Tusker Buffet. There was a variety of different types of food from Africa with the regular staples of buffets. The quality of the food was good but in the realm of buffet. From what I have read, Tiffins is a more gourmet experience. We went with Tusker again this year because our group has a lot of kids and it made more sense. It really depends on what you are looking for.

I am able to get a lunchtime Rivers of Light Dining Package(the dinner ones are booked up for my date). The Tusker House option is $52 and the Tiffin's option is $67. Which would you suggest for a good overall value for the package. It will be just me, and this will be my final day at the parks. Which would everyone suggest based on cost and overall quality of the food?
Tusker House has a good ambiance and a nice selection of tasty food. You could also get some pics of you with Mickey & his pals in their safari gear. Meeting them would be a very Disney way to end your trip.

Tusker House has a good ambiance and a nice selection of tasty food. You could also get some pics of you with Mickey & his pals in their safari gear. Meeting them would be a very Disney way to end your trip.

Realized that I could manage a fourth day with a 4 park ticket, so now I am having to scramble a bit for ADRs. Fortunately, when it comes to budget, I know I will have extra income between now and September due to my August birthday.

With only one person to pay for and paying in cash instead of 2 dining credits, I'd pay the extra $15 for Tiffins. We're on DDP so doing tusker house.

With only one person to pay for and paying in cash instead of 2 dining credits, I'd pay the extra $15 for Tiffins. We're on DDP so doing tusker house.

Even if my resort(Ft Wilderness Campground) was DDP eligible, it would have been more expensive than any room only rate I would have gotten, since I am upgrading a one day ticket. Did the math. Plus, I rarely eat dessert, so getting maximum value out of the ddp would have been difficult. Only place it may have helped is the Food & Wine Festival(I already have my eye on that Pistachio Cardamom Cake with Chocolate Coconut Mousse at the India kiosk this year). I guess this one is going to come down to the math really.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter