RIP Le Cellier, we'll miss you!

Brown Derby has always been two credits. Is it much different than Le Cellier? I don't think so:cool1:

Cindy

If you mean HBD vs. the current LC, we think , "yes, it's definitely better." If you mean the prices for OOP, it's not that much different.

At Le Cellier, for the 1 TS, on the regular dining plan, the menu is a la carte: so does each person just get an entree and a dessert or is a side included?

The entree comes with "sides", just not the full-sized ala carte sides.

I'll hold off on my judgement until I hear some reviews after they become a 2 credit restaurant. I think they are going to have to make some major changes to make it work. Yachtsman is not far away and way better quality in my opinion. Generally Disney knows how to make money...so I wouldn't be surprised if their would be some major changes to the menu and the quality.

The real question is how will lunch and dinner differ after March.

this is exactly what I'm wondering too!!

We LOVED Le Cellier when we visited in February. It was our first time. I don't know what I'd to re: pay OOP or DDP for our next trip but I do know that we'd go back unless the menu is changed so substantially food wise that it's completely different and not our taste. Everyone raved about CG but for us, my DH is a complete meat and potatoes guy and when I showed him the menu for CG he was not interested at all. Too foofey for him. I hope LC doesn't go that route.....

I was hopeful that this would just be a rumor, but I guess not. I told my wife if dinner is 2 credit then we won't be eating there if we are paying for th dinning plan out of pocket. Free dining I might consider it. I guess we will now be trying to eat lunch there when we go in May 2011. I'm sure lunch will be even harder to get now that everyone will be trying to book this one for lunch. Pity, because we really loved eating here. Good memories.

We went to dinner at Le Cellier once and it was fine but certainly not any better than some of our local restaurants. We were glad we tried it but had no desire to return. We did Lunch with an Imagineer at HBD & this meal was amazing - more expensive but definitely worth every cent. We'll splurge at HBD & be very happy with the service and meals they offer.

I seem to be in the minority, but I think we will continue to go to LeCellier, even when it goes to 2 credits. I'm not sure if we will use our dining plan there or pay OOP, but I am crazy about the filet and DH loves the pretzel bread, so we won't want to give that up. We will go during dinner to make sure we get the meal that we want.

Something tells me that you won't be in the minority.

well, with official Disney Dining 2011 brochure out, we now know the rumors about Le Cellier are for real.

For us, that's a wrap on Le Cellier...though we loved the food there, no way is it worthy of Signature dining status. The main reason it was always booked was because they offered steak in a small restaurant. Had the place been bigger I doubt that it would have always been fully booked.

I'm not sure if we'll go back there after our January trip...I'm sure they'll expand the menu some, and perhaps take a few of the tables out of there. Can't see signature prices when you're sitting in each other's laps.

Guess we'll wait awhile and get some reports once it goes "signature". Maybe they'll surprise us.

I totally agree with everthing you wrote. They would have to revamp their entire menu and ambience to make signature. Wonder who the chef will be??? I hope they add windows!

It will be interesting to see what menu changes, price changes, and ADR-availability changes occur after March. My guess is that they will omit the filet from the lunch menu, just a hunch...and stick to the lower-priced lunch items since lunch will still be 1TS.

We went to Le Cellier on the TiW card a few weeks back. It was our first time there. It was OK, I just don't get all the hype. I found some of the food too salty there, but the quality of the meat itself was definitely very good. It was worth paying what we paid for our meal (20% off with the TiW card), but IMO not worth the regular menu prices. Yes, the pretzel bread was good, but I thought the pretzel from the stand outside Germany was even better! And I also love the pretzel rolls on the buffet at Biergarten in Germany.

Next time we will probably try Yachtsman since it is convenient to our DVC home (Boardwalk Villas) and we will be trying at least one signature restaurant on our next trip.

Amen ! Now that all the people who only go because of free dining will stay away and those of us who actually pay for our meals can get a ressie !

ITA! We've never been but we finally got a dinner slot today for our September trip. We'll be paying OOP.

How people can feel that they can judge value without knowing the new menu, and it has been reported that there will be a new menu, is beyond me. Lots of people on the DDP go to Narcoossees and Cali Grill so why not a revamped Le Cellier if its up to those standards?

If it is, then there is nothing wrong with 2TS credits. I'm waiting for the new menu, then I'll know. Deciding before that makes no sense.

I haven't read all 5 pages, but we ate here in May. Our waiter told us that the move to 2TS would allow them to go back to buying Canadian beef. They stopped when Mad Cow was prevalent and then with the DP, they couldn't justify the cost of buying Canadian beef again. So, when they move to 2TS, they are suppose to go back to buying Canadian beef, which is better by far. Of course, this came from a waiter, so take it for what it's worth. We don't do the DP either as we are DVC, but will go here for dinner no matter what! Love it:)

How people can feel that they can judge value without knowing the new menu, and it has been reported that there will be a new menu, is beyond me. Lots of people on the DDP go to Narcoossees and Cali Grill so why not a revamped Le Cellier if its up to those standards?

If it is, then there is nothing wrong with 2TS credits. I'm waiting for the new menu, then I'll know. Deciding before that makes no sense.

I don't really see anybody doing that. What I am seeing is a lot of people saying that the Le Cellier we know today is not worth 2TS.

I don't really see anybody doing that. What I am seeing is a lot of people saying that the Le Cellier we know today is not worth 2TS.

Bingo!

OP here and that's exactly right. It's RIP Le Cellier in it's present incarnation as a good 1 TS restaurant at dinner. No question about that, it will be gone. And we will miss it because we won't go back there for awhile, if ever...that remains to be seen.

I also finished my originial post with "Guess we'll wait awhile and get some reports once it goes "signature". Maybe they'll surprise us."

Truth is, I don't think a lot of 2 TS places are worth 2 TS now, which is one of the reasons I'll wait & see...

Don’t knock it till you Try It!!!!!!!.
For all of those that are saying that Le Cellier is not worth 2TS, should not say that, reason being is that we have no idea what they will be serving or how they will be serving it in March 2011 :eek:!! For all we know LeCellier may be serving Caesar salads table side with the waiter making the Caesar dressing at your table you never know, Disney may even be taking the restaurant in a new direction in regards to décor, service, and quality of food. They may even go as far to have some selections of Kobe & wagyu beef, honestly we have no idea what Disney is going to do :rolleyes:. We don’t even know if LeCellier is going to be at the same location they may expand it or even place it in another location in Canada. Disney may even have it where they will offer a package that will allow people to have priority seating for illuminations:3dglasses; you never know what Disney may have up its sleeve. I just ask:worship: please do not judge
Le Cellier on today’s menu, we all know that it is not signature approved or has reached signature status at the moment:upsidedow, if we all know this, then surely Disney knows it:idea:. Once the changes have been made or if they are not made, then can we honestly speak of its worth. We can’t speak any facts of the unknown because March 2011 is not even here and no one has eaten at the Signature LeCellier:rolleyes:! We can only speculate that the current menu at LeCellier is not worth 2TS. We have no idea what Disney is going to do with LeCellier once it becomes a signature, so for those that are saying that they wouldn’t go or it’s not worth if don’t knock it until you have tried it;)

Amen ! Now that all the people who only go because of free dining will stay away and those of us who actually pay for our meals can get a ressie !

WOW:confused: I guess if I have nothing good to say about this comment then I won't say anything:snooty:

They would have to revamp their entire menu and ambience to make signature.
Not necessarily. Someone earlier in the thread made the point that there is no much difference between Le Cellier and Brown Derby, in terms of food, and while I've always had concerns about the ambiance at Le Cellier (referring to it as "cellar-like", for example), whenever I've voiced those concerns a never-ending bevvy of folks countered that they find the Le Cellier dining room appealing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter