***Riding out the hurricane at a Disney resort? Post your experiences here!***

I lost him last year very suddenly. I will be forever grateful to all of the CMs who made our trips to Disney so magical and given me so many wonderful memories.

This thread is filled with Disney Magic - but this story takes the cake. (A cake of wonderful memories, frosted with tears, that is.)

I am terribly sorry about the loss of your nephew. I hope the fact that you made his childhood special, with many Disney days and happy memories, gives you satisfaction in your grief.

Also: I'm on the edge of my seat, worried about all of you.

Orange County Assistant Emergency Manager just said they've had gusts up to 90 MPH. Please, stay safe!

I'm very sorry for your loss. Your comment about the root beer hits home. That's our guy's favorite drink. Has to have his root beer everywhere we go!

With the exception of that one incident, the cm's have been amazing. Plus, he didn't really understand what was going on anyway - just engrossed in his own game. It was noticed by me because of my defensive, emotional response and only really understood by my husband tonight after he looked at the pictures he took.

We are having a blast here though and very happy with how prepared and courteous the staff has been overall.

I'm up at Kidani. So far we haven't lost power. The winds are howling. I'm watching coverage on WESH2. We've got our bathtubs filled up. Everyone is knocked out but me and my husband who took a brief nap.

Power just went out.

From the Poly courtesy of Tikiman...

View attachment 268651

Gosh, as a coastal NYer that picture is very concerning. Thankfully, that tree fell away from buildings and people.

I have been through decades of hurricanes, nor'easters and blizzards!! Writing that, I'm wondering why I live someplace where I can get a category 4 hurricane, and a blizzard that drops 3 feet of snow in a few hours that goes unplowed for 3 days in the same year??

Anyway, from that picture there is no root system supporting such a large tree - that was an accident waiting to happen.

We get our trees checked every few years, better to pay the high price to cut down a diseased or non-thriving tree than have it hit my house (or a neighbors)

Stay safe everyone!!

I'm praying for everyone! Also, just out of curiosity, where do you think Disney is placing the cast members who have to work during the curfew? Will they get some sort of sleeping area? What do you think?

I'm very sorry for your loss. Your comment about the root beer hits home. That's our guy's favorite drink. Has to have his root beer everywhere we go!

With the exception of that one incident, the cm's have been amazing. Plus, he didn't really understand what was going on anyway - just engrossed in his own game. It was noticed by me because of my defensive, emotional response and only really understood by my husband tonight after he looked at the pictures he took.

We are having a blast here though and very happy with how prepared and courteous the staff has been overall.

Thank you.
He was loved and will be missed by so many. But my family will always remember the joy, the love and the laughter he brought to all of our lives.
Glad you are having a good time in spite of having to deal with Irma. Stay safe and enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Oops false alarm tv channel went out but we still have power.
The WESH tv studio is taking on water. One of the reporters tweeted. They've got leaks in the roof.

The internet feed went out about 20 mins ago and they restored it. I'd say they're taking a helluva beating right now but they keep on going.

They're also some of the first meteorologists predicting the storm's center will go up I-4 along the theme parks. National media is not predicting that.

I'm praying for everyone! Also, just out of curiosity, where do you think Disney is placing the cast members who have to work during the curfew? Will they get some sort of sleeping area? What do you think?
They house them in rooms at the Resorts. All the CMs deployed for Guest enhancement are in their rooms and considered locked down until needed in the morning.

I have been through decades of hurricanes, nor'easters and blizzards!! Writing that, I'm wondering why I live someplace where I can get a category 4 hurricane, and a blizzard that drops 3 feet of snow in a few hours that goes unplowed for 3 days in the same year??...
It appears you were brainwashed at some point in your life. FYI there is a place called "California" AND it's in the Continental US. (And in "California" is a magical place called "Disneyland"...)

Yes, but resort rooms are typically reserved for guests which is why I ask....

When we first arrived here to evacuate we asked about being put in one of the larger hotels thinking we might be somewhat safer and I was told by CM that they weren't letting people transfer/ make many reservations to keep space open for medical professionals and staff needed during the storm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter