***Riding out the hurricane at a Disney resort? Post your experiences here!***

I wish my neighbors would go into their rooms and chill. I get that everyone deals with things differently, but I've been hearing almost constant yelling outside for hours. It is not safe to be outside right now! Not to mention, maybe some people are trying to just sleep through it, and they would be disturbing them.

Anyone at Wilderness Lodge at the cabins? Did they move the guests into the lodge? If anyone is there and would like to venture out tomorrow afternoon when things have calmed down, would really love to see some photos. We are supposed to go down on tues. stay in one of the new copper creek villas then move over to the CC cabin after two days.

I wish my neighbors would go into their rooms and chill. I get that everyone deals with things differently, but I've been hearing almost constant yelling outside for hours. It is not safe to be outside right now! Not to mention, maybe some people are trying to just sleep through it, and they would be disturbing them.
I would open the door and ask them kindly to shut it. :rotfl2:

I'd call security and explain the situation. Especially in times like these people yelling next door is not ok unless there is danger. Sure, they can't throw them out & they might just move inside the room and party it up in there but maybe they're exhausted enough they'll fall asleep if forced inside? You can hope!

I'd call security and explain the situation. Especially in times like these people yelling next door is not ok unless there is danger. Sure, they can't throw them out & they might just move inside the room and party it up in there but maybe they're exhausted enough they'll fall asleep if forced inside? You can hope!
I think this is a good idea. Security can call them.

Agree with gottalovepluto, here. You should call security or the front desk to alert them of the issue. In addition to keeping the noise to a minimum in case a truly dire situation arises, it's important to be assertive about your own experience in this tough situation. There's a CM there who is trained to help in a situation like this; by letting them know, you're actually helping them do their jobs. Not to mention, helping out a few neighbors who may be frustrated by the noise but perhaps a bit too timid to call in a complaint.

Is there any word about the parks actually opening tomorrow?

No way. There'll still be significant winds until at least mid-morning, and then they'll have to get crews in to check for damage to buildings and rides, clean up debris and any damaged trees, etc.

Plus, Orange County is under a curfew until 6 PM Monday, and I'm pretty sure I read that Disney announced they'll be abiding by any local curfews.

We are at BCV and for the most part everyone has been great and things are definitely smooth. However, we are traveling with our special needs grandson and haven't felt that "magic" others are feeling with the activities. For example, we took him downstairs to play and there were 3 cast members in the room and only 2 other kids. Our guy went to play hungry hippos with the 1 cm and another child, while the other cm was playing jenga with another child. As soon as the other child stopped playing hungry hippo, the cm left to sit in a chair. Ok, no big deal. I'll play with my guy. Then the 2 cm's begin playing jenga together with the other 2 kids until those kids leave. So far, no big deal. However, those 2 kids leave with their dad and this is what happens - 1 leaves the room, 1 remains in his chair, and the other goes off in a corner on her phone. I found this pretty rude so we ended up taking him to the main lobby. Is it really so difficult to treat a special needs child the same as other children? Sure he's different in some neurological ways, but he's still a kid who loves the attention of a Disney cm, especially playing games.

Anyway, not going to let it define the trip. The rest of the trip and this hurricane experience has been positive. Just need to work on that special needs training, Disney. I plan to write a letter and offer some suggestions.

Sorry to hear about your experience. I have to say I visited several different resorts over many years with my nephew who I raised from a small child. He was on autism spectrum and had several additional disabilities as well. Other than difficulties with Disney buses since my nephew was not in a wheel chair but could not maintain his balance standing on a bus so we often had to wait for a few buses before I was able to get him a seat, we never had a negative experience with a CM. Sometimes a guest might try to distance themself from him but CMs always went over and beyond to engage him in conversation or acknowledge him in some way. Once when we stayed at WL Cl level a CM overheard him ask if there was root beer and later we found a six pack of root beer in our room!
I lost him last year very suddenly. I will be forever grateful to all of the CMs who made our trips to Disney so magical and given me so many wonderful memories. I guess what I am trying to say is that your experience is not typical of Disney CMs at all.

Not sure what is going on but fire department is on the 2nd to last bungalow on the right side of the Poly. Looks like possible some alarm, weren't there long and are leaving now.

View attachment 268586 View attachment 268585

They moved everyone out of the bungalows, right?

Victoria Falls in AKL is open until midnight. I'll probably be down later if any Dis-ers want to meet up!

I would be there with bells on if I were at WDW right now. We stayed there for the first time last month and just loved it.

I would go talk with them. Tell them that you aren't feeling well and can't sleep. Ask if you can hang out and talk with them and start coughing a lot. I bet they run away faster than you can say NyQuil. Get some rest. Call security and ask them to call your neighbors. Good luck. Stay safe. Don't let in any more multi-legged fuzzy friends:)

I would open the door and ask them kindly to shut it. :rotfl2:

Agree with gottalovepluto, here. You should call security or the front desk to alert them of the issue. In addition to keeping the noise to a minimum in case a truly dire situation arises, it's important to be assertive about your own experience in this tough situation. There's a CM there who is trained to help in a situation like this; by letting them know, you're actually helping them do their jobs. Not to mention, helping out a few neighbors who may be frustrated by the noise but perhaps a bit too timid to call in a complaint.

I considered both of these options. I didn't do the first because I'm a young woman alone in a hotel room, and where I was raised paranoia is what keeps you alive.

I didn't call security because I didn't want them to have to go out in this. Mostly it was people walking by and being loud briefly, although a lot of different people so it was near constant, but a couple times they were staying in the same spot (smoking, I think). Just as I considered calling to see if a CM was in the building that could talk to them, they went back inside. So here's hoping they stay quiet now!

I considered both of these options. I didn't do the first because I'm a young woman alone in a hotel room, and where I was raised paranoia is what keeps you alive.

I didn't call security because I didn't want them to have to go out in this. Mostly it was people walking by and being loud briefly, although a lot of different people so it was near constant, but a couple times they were staying in the same spot (smoking, I think). Just as I considered calling to see if a CM was in the building that could talk to them, they went back inside. So here's hoping they stay quiet now!

Good. Hope you can get some sleep :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter