Ride Swap question

ClaraOswald

DIS Veteran
If my husband goes through the Fast Pass line can he get me a ride swap pass (or whatever it's called?) Or does he need to go through standby to get it? (Our son still won't be able to go on most of the 'big' rides during our next visit.) We didn't really use FP or ride swap last time but we might want to next time. Especially if we get Maxpass on one ticket for the use of photopass.

Also to add to that....

If we have Maxpass on just 1 ticket (my husband's, for example), can I use it to go on a FP ride by myself if it's one he doesn't care to go on? Or is that a no-go since it would technically be his ticket?

You can get a rider swap pass when you use FP.

And you can use his ticket to scan into a ride. They don't check whose it is. While some might see it as "wrong" to use someone else's ticket, people have often pulled the old paper FPs on behalf of grandparents or kids who weren't going to ride, so I don't see it as any different...

Jumping in to ask about rider swap since we will be in the same boat (my DD isn't a huge ride person and even though she meets height requirements is still pretty timid on what she will ride), so can I hold a FP for say Guardians of the Galaxy and my DH holds a FP for Radiator Springs and then we just do rider swap for each ride? That way we technically can hold two FP's in the same hour, correct?

Jumping in to ask about rider swap since we will be in the same boat (my DD isn't a huge ride person and even though she meets height requirements is still pretty timid on what she will ride), so can I hold a FP for say Guardians of the Galaxy and my DH holds a FP for Radiator Springs and then we just do rider swap for each ride? That way we technically can hold two FP's in the same hour, correct?
Yes

Great idea! I hadn't thought of this strategy, but I think we'll use it on our trip next March!

If my husband goes through the Fast Pass line can he get me a ride swap pass (or whatever it's called?) Or does he need to go through standby to get it? (Our son still won't be able to go on most of the 'big' rides during our next visit.) We didn't really use FP or ride swap last time but we might want to next time. Especially if we get Maxpass on one ticket for the use of photopass.
To clarify, he can't just ask for you. You will need to approach the entrance CM with the child. They no longer will take his word that there is a child.

Ah, thanks. Back in 2015 we only did it on a couple rides. I remember on Big Thunder, it was the person at the top who gave us the swap pass.

Ok so we approach CM at Guardians in the FP line since DH will have a FP let's say, and we get rider swap. DD and I wait and I have a RSR FP while he's in the line for GoTG and get a rider swap. when he's done, I ride, then he comes out, we go to RSR with my FP, and do the same? Although that gets more FP I think that might get pretty old waiting around with my kid. Might work for a sleeping kid in a stroller though.

Ok so we approach CM at Guardians in the FP line since DH will have a FP let's say, and we get rider swap. DD and I wait and I have a RSR FP while he's in the line for GoTG and get a rider swap. when he's done, I ride, then he comes out, we go to RSR with my FP, and do the same? Although that gets more FP I think that might get pretty old waiting around with my kid. Might work for a sleeping kid in a stroller though.
Yes. You can go on a ride, feed or change LO while he's on the ride.

Just an update, we used rider swap all last week (at least a dozen times). The CMs have caught on and we didn't have a problem with a single one. The CMs were very efficient at it.

Still wasn't as convienent as the old system, but we made due every time with the one hour return time except for once. Kids got hungry and we waited in a restaurant line that took waaaaay longer than it was supposed to, so I missed the window. But besides that, it was fine.

Just an update, we used rider swap all last week (at least a dozen times). The CMs have caught on and we didn't have a problem with a single one. The CMs were very efficient at it.

Still wasn't as convienent as the old system, but we made due every time with the one hour return time except for once. Kids got hungry and we waited in a restaurant line that took waaaaay longer than it was supposed to, so I missed the window. But besides that, it was fine.

Thanks for the update. I am hoping it works better for us on our trip in a few weeks than when we were there during the switch. We just happened to be there when both digital FP rolled out and then again when digital Swaps rolled out. Luck of the draw for us.

So I was a little worried about how new rider swap would impact us.
I have found that:
-If the rider swap time return time has not started they will still let you through if you let them know it is a swap
-You can ask them to give you a later start time for the swap if you need it, we did thos twice once when we had a dinner reservation and knew we would get through a 2nd round in time and again when we had Indy FLs followed by Soarin Fastpasses back to back so we did one round on Indy and asked for he swap time to be a couple of hours later then headed to Soarin and returned to Indy later on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter