Rhode Island Folks

Namdnas

Mouseketeer
I am interested to know how many Rhode Island folks are DVC members. I pay attention to the location tags and find I'm expecially glad to see others from my area who like being welcomed home.

So, here's my entry. Woonsocket, RI!!
(WDW at heart)

While my tag says "Cary, NC", I am originally from RI. Greenville, Exeter, Rumford, Providence.

So, Woonsocket, is that where they park side by each?? :D

Hi neighbor, I'm from North Smithfield.
How long have you been a member? We joined in September of 2000 and just did an add-on this month!

We're from Franklin, MA - just across the border from Woonsocket and I grew up in Cranston. I will always be a Rhode Islander at heart. RI test: what is a cabinet and a grinder?

Hah hah, yes, it is in fact where all the Canucks (of French-Canadian descent, myself included) live that say 'side by each', 'do my stores', 'throw the baby down the stairs, his clothes..'. It's like a being in Montreal.

Items of note here are;
  • One the best high school hockey teams in the U.S., Mount Saint Charles. (our state champs for the last 25 years!).
  • Ye' Olde English Fish & Chips (wow are they good)
  • Chans Restaurant (good restaurant, great Jazz spot)

I lived in Exeter while in college as well.

We've been 150 pt. BCV members for about 3 weeks after returning from WDW in April. I can't wait to go back, Jan. 11-16, 2003!!!!

Regards,
John

test answers;

A grinder is Rhode Islandese for a hoagie or sub, as they're called in the big states.

A cabinet is a frappe or a milkshake.

Another RI test;
1. What's the name of the 100+ year old cart along side the Providence city hall which serves the best 2am burger.

2. What's a gagger?

Originally posted by Namdnas
Another RI test;
1. What's the name of the 100+ year old cart along side the Providence city hall which serves the best 2am burger.

2. What's a gagger?

OOh OOH I rememba, I rememba!!

1.Haven Brothers
2.NY style weiner (the kind that they load up their arm and add the sause, onions and celery salt!) And it is pronounced GAGGA

Here is another family from Lincoln, or to be proper, the wonderful village of Manville. BWV since 2001, just added another 200 points.

betslinc, what part of Lincoln?? We are up north, right near Rt 99

Hi Mickey Maniac:
We live off River Road, a little south of the Town Hall. I never realized there were so many other DVC'rs around. We took our first trip to OKW in May, and are taking my parents to BCV in January. We definitely like to escape these winters!

My parent's apartment when I was born was on Lower River Road in Manville, and my grandparents lived on River Road a few houses down from St. Judes.

What a small world.

PS For those of you who know the lay of downtown Woonsocket, the ACS mills are on fire right now. Almost all of Woonsocket is covered in thick black smoke and ash chunks the size of basketballs are landing 1/2 mile away from the fire. It's a plastic factory across from Giancarlo's Restaurant that's on fire. I have seen fire depts. from 30 miles away pulling into town, so this is the big one.

I didn't realize the exact location, but know where Giancarlo's is. At least it doesn't sound like anything like the number of casualties in the Station fire. I hope all is well up your way!

Well, this morning it looks like they have the fire under control, although it appears that it'll be burning for days. The important thing is, noone was killed, and the only injuries reported are heat exhaustion for some of the firefighters doing their job.

We're in Cumberland also, we bought in 2001 at VWL and just added on at HH in Jan. Will be at BCV Aug 17-22

Anyone from the East Bay? We are from Bristol.

We own 250 points at VWL and just added on 100 points at Boardwalk

Hi
Ocean state DVC friends,
members since 98- BWV homebase
North Smithfield is where I wait for my next trip home

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter