return of deposit at CRT if using voucher - any problems?

MichelleB

DIS Veteran
I will be using the breakfast vouchers at cinderella's breakfast and had to put the deposit on my credit card. Has anyone not received their deposit back? Any problems getting it? Would you still use the vouchers?

Bump! I'd like to know too!!!

How far in advance can you book? How much was the deposit???

You can book 90 days out, and the CRT is usually sold out within the first 15 minutes each day. However, people do cancel, so don't give up hope! $10 deposit per adult & $5 per child.

bump...I'd really like to know this one, too.

TIA

:wave:

Beca

I would like to know as well. I just know that one of you Disers out there has the answer.

~bump~

Originally posted by MichelleB
I will be using the breakfast vouchers at cinderella's breakfast and had to put the deposit on my credit card. Has anyone not received their deposit back? Any problems getting it? Would you still use the vouchers?

Well I'll be doing it on 11/28 and I'll let you know if I have problems.

Sorcha

The $10 deposit is not charged until the date of your reservation. If you are a no show they charge the card.

When you present the voucher the $10 is not charged at all.

Could you tell me if this $10.00 is on your Credit card bill now?

Originally posted by topcat011
The $10 deposit is not charged until the date of your reservation. If you are a no show they charge the card.

When you present the voucher the $10 is not charged at all.

Could you tell me if this $10.00 is on your Credit card bill now?

Well I don't know if the policy has changed, but when I made my PS my credit card was charged, and this is the normal procedure. But I've heard many people say that there's no problem getting the credit back. You will need to bring the credit card with you though.

Sorcha

I have 2 CRT ressies & have already been charged for the deposit on both of them! I'm sure this is routine for them & it shouldn't be a problem.

I have had my CRT ressies for almost two months and no deposit has been charged. Curiouser and curiouser. My TA - maybe using a TA is the reason I haven't been charged? - emailed me an itinerary form and it does say "credit card hold. 24 hour cancellation policy" I assumed that meant the CC would be charged if we didn't cancel at least 24 hours in advance but hasn't been as of yet. Double checked my statement and it seems to be true.

(unless of course, we arrive and they have no record of our PS! D'oh! Thinking I will be double checking that too)

When we went to CRT 11/4/04, I mentioned it to our waiter who said it would be credited to our credit card but that it might take two billing statements. When we got home, a few days later, I got my statement and it was already credited!!! So, I would mention it to your waiter. We had a great time there!!!

My credit card has already been charged $30 for the 2 adults/2kids in our PS. I asked the phone operator at the time and she said they would issue a credit when I presented the Breakfast Vouchers.

We were credited the deposit on our credit card the same day. We did not use vouchers, but their computer was down and our server could not tell if we had payed a deposit or not. We asked to pay the full amount via old fashion method of paper carbon credit card and she wrote on the receipt the manager phone number to call if we did not get a refund of the deposit. I check online that night and the charge for the meal and the deposit credit were both posted.

We booked ourselves and were NEVER charged the deposit. We did use vouchers and had no problems. This was *the* event of our trip for my two dd's, I can't recommend it enough and the food was delicious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter