restuarant recommd. for hard of hearing....

goofy4tink

No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator
Just found out last night that my dad and step-mom will be drivingup from Pompano Beach on Nov. 26-27 to join us at WDW. We are thrilled but it does pose some problems. My dad is very hard of hearing and if he gets in a crowd he just doesn't hear at all and gets very frustrated. Dh and I have/had Boma booked for that night with dd, 11. But, I'm not so sure they will like it there. So I am trying to find a spot that might not be as noisy as some others.

And to add to the mixture, my dad tends to be very 'Scottish' when it comes to spending money. Very thrifty, so that lets out the nicer and quieter places. At this late date I just don't know what to book for the 5 of us. They are very plain and simple in their tastes. Any thoughts or suggestions??

could one evening be your "treat"? i thought artist point at wilderness lodge would be a nice choice. perhaps, if he felt like buying for a meal, one of the nicer counter service in the parks. tusker house in AK is nice and there is outside seating. i would try to move boma to another night. what about one of the park restaurants? the one that comes to mind is the plaza restaurant at MK. the garden grill at epcot/the land is quiet, but it is a character meal. hope this helps and good luck!:tongue:

Thanks for the input. Unfortunatly, when dining with my father, cost is always an issue, no matter who pays!!:rolleyes: I'm more concerned about his frustration with background noise....like a lot of kids!!! We love Artist Point but they don't like that idea. Who knows why. I'm thinking maybe Garden Grill for dinner or Goofy's at Cape May for breakfast. Both are fairly quiet. And to think that I had everything all set. Now this and my poor step-mother's bad back into the bargain. At least we'll be 'making memories'!!!

I have a few ideas for you.

If you eat early, Spoodles is fairly quiet.

The GF Cafe is another quiet spot.

The Yacht Club Galley is also generally quiet.

All three of these offer good food and service at moderate prices. The portions are generous.

Anne

Anne, thanks. I had forgotten all about Spoodles. And we'll be at BWV...what a dope!! What time would you say 'early' is? I remember visiting my dad in Pompano Beach and he did all the 'early bird' meals with all the other 'oldsters'. I don't think they'll have a problem with eating early. Thanks again!!

Thinking of the quiet , moderately priced meals we've had...Boatwright's and Shutter's come to mind. Grand Floridan Cafe is another option. Probably anywhere you dine early will be a little quieter. Spoodles has always been very loud when we have been there...but we've never been there early. (We also really dislike the food!)

Some places that haven't been mentioned - over at Swan Palio is good Italian food, but price may not be what you are looking for. Gullivers is great for breakfast or dinner - they offer both buffet and plated meals. They have characters but it is much more quiet than other places. Another great spot would be Olivia's at Old Key West - you can drive there or boat to and from Downtown Disney.

I just wanted to say I agree with you about Boma. I think that would be a terrible choice for anyone hard of hearing. I like Boma, but I found it VERY noisy and difficult to have a conversation.

I think Spoodles would be a good choice - especially if you can go early. We were there once in the early evening and it was very quiet.

Good luck!

I think GF Cafe is a good choice. That was my first thought while I was readubg your post. It has low/regular height ceilings, high ceilings make it harder to hear. Prices are pretty good.

Kae

We had an early PS for Spoodles--maybe 5pm?--and it was very quiet at that time.

T&B

i recommend garden grill... it's very quiet in the booths, you really do not hear the people around you at all... great food at a reasonable price... all-you-care-to-eat too!

another thought, which is our "plan of attack" when we eat out w/my dad who is also hard of hearing and wears hearing aids is to be sure no matter where we go that he is either against a wall or in a corner... that way the sound only comes from one direction... it may be worth it to make that request!

good luck and ENJOY!

Ah, good thought about being against a wall or divider. Maybe Garden Grill might be a good choice in the booths. Those are pretty high so it would act as a barrier. I think I may go with that. Thanks guys. As always...great ideas.

Have you considered Trails End. Simple food. Very reasonable price. A buffet so everyone would find something they like. No PS. Little or no interaction with waiter is required. With a little luck (especially if you go at an off time) you may be able to find a quite place to sit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter