Restrooms (Transgender)

I apologize for disappearing after my initial question, but I thought I would drop back in before we head out on Thursday to give my thanks; I'll try to give an update after I get back, too.

Thanks to everyone who sent over the kind words of support. I'm feeling a lot better about this piece of the trip, and your responses certainly helped. I have to say that I've very excited for the vacation, trolls or not. ;)

Anyway, I'll swing back through after we get back on the 5th to let you know how it went!

Thanks again!

Emily

Hi Emily,
I am not transgender or gay, but I just wanted to say that it would not bother me in the least to see you in the women's bathroom. I would welcome you with open arms! You go wherever you feel comfortable! :thumbsup2
And ignore the awful trolls on here! They are just jealous that they do not have the body to fit into a cute swimsuit like you will be rocking!
Have an awesome trip!
Kelley
:):):)

So, first off congrats to you for taking the steps to be your true self! I cannot imagine how hard it was to take that first step and I commend you for your bravery! :goodvibes

My partner and I took our 5 year old godson down last year for his first trip and as if I wasn't scared enough to take someone else's child to disney for a week add to it the fact we were staying in our camper at Fort Wilderness. What made me finally relax was when I thought about the couple of times (many years ago) that I witnessed some jerks during Gay Days (rednecks just being jerks). All I can say is I have never seen cast members swoop in so fast and EJECT someone from the park. If there is any place where you know the staff has your back it is Disney. AND in the VERY OFF chance someone is rude, the feeling you get from 3 or more CM's taking your side will totally erase any negative feelings!

I agree with most everyone in that I don't think anyone will pay any attention to you for better or for worse. They are either to busy dealing with kids, stressed over how much they just spent on a weeks vacation or like us just having too much fun to think twice or care! Hope you have a magical time!

Hello everyone!

I'm so sorry for forgetting to post a reply when I got back. I'm happy to report that not only did I have zero issues at Disney World for our trip in September/October, a recent trip to Disneyland went swimmingly, too. :)

Just thought I'd post a note in case there are others out there wondering how it may go for them.

Hope all is well with you all!

Emily

eastatlantaguys said:
So, first off congrats to you for taking the steps to be your true self! I cannot imagine how hard it was to take that first step and I commend you for your bravery! :goodvibes

My partner and I took our 5 year old godson down last year for his first trip and as if I wasn't scared enough to take someone else's child to disney for a week add to it the fact we were staying in our camper at Fort Wilderness. What made me finally relax was when I thought about the couple of times (many years ago) that I witnessed some jerks during Gay Days (rednecks just being jerks). All I can say is I have never seen cast members swoop in so fast and EJECT someone from the park. If there is any place where you know the staff has your back it is Disney. AND in the VERY OFF chance someone is rude, the feeling you get from 3 or more CM's taking your side will totally erase any negative feelings!

I agree with most everyone in that I don't think anyone will pay any attention to you for better or for worse. They are either to busy dealing with kids, stressed over how much they just spent on a weeks vacation or like us just having too much fun to think twice or care! Hope you have a magical time!

Please know not all of us "rednecks" are intollerant jerks.....I'm a redneck and very much support anyone with the desire and courage to be who they are. :-)

I just want to say something about the TSA. My mom works for the TSA and believe me, they see it ALL. They will pat you down if you alarm. Try to make sure you don't set off the detectors, belts, phones, loose change, etc. And you get patted down based on what gender you appear to be ( look like a girl, a girl pats you down). And trust me, they'd rather accidentally hit your j*nk than someone who has had an "accident" in their pants. It happens more than you think.
Enjoy your trip, and use the ladies room, you go girl :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter