Response from PBH Regarding our Recent Stay

AlexandNessa

<font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=green
Some of you know that Mike and I had a very lackluster stay at the PBH recently. We had lots of minor problems that, when added together, made us want to cancel our second visit and move our reservation to the RPR. I was going to leave it at that.

But, after I canceled our October ressie at the PBH, I received a call from UO asking me to tell them about my stay, and what made me want to cancel. They provided an e-mail address and promised to forward it to the correct staff. Hey, they asked, so I told them what went wrong with our stay, and just received the following response:

[color=royal blue]Thank you for taking the time to bring to my attention the details of your recent stay at the Portofino Bay Hotel. Needless to say, I was very disappointed to learn of the concerns you expressed regarding the lack of attentiveness on the part of our team. This is certainly not the quality of service we pride ourselves on nor is it how we want you to remember your stay at the Portofino Bay Hotel.

We take great pride in the quality of service and facilities we provide and continually strive to exceed the expectations of our guests. Please accept my most sincere apologies for any inconvenience we may have caused you during your stay. I appreciate your suggestions and constructive criticism, as it is through your feedback that we know how we are doing and where improvement is required. I have shared your comments with the appropriate managers so that immediate corrective action can be initiated.

I would truly appreciate the opportunity to demonstrate that your recent stay at the Portofino Bay Hotel was the exception and not the rule. I hope you will accept my invitation to return for a complimentary one-night stay (room and tax only). This offer is based on space availability and valid for a period of one year. We will also include contact information for you to call in order to book the room for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Portofino Bay Hotel in the very near future.
[/color]

I am happy they responded, although I don't think we're ready to try the PBH again any time really soon. Mike and I are excited about trying the RPR, and we're nesters. It won't be worth it to us to split our stay for one free night at the PBH. Just thought you'd like to know how they handled our concerns.

I think its great that they at least tried to make ammends, and a free night sounds like a great way to do it. I really enjoyed our stay at the RPR, and the only minor problem i saw was a little lackluster housekeeping. The same coffee stirrer was on the floor when we checked in and checked out under a table, and I left it for our three days there to see if they would pick it up which they didn't. Other than that, I thought the hotel was fantastic.

It's nice to hear that they responded and their offer of a free night was very nice. It's great to hear about good customer service. I know you didn't receive that while you were there, but it is nice that they have followed up and tried to make amends.

I would be making plans for another separate trip just to use my free night. I am crazy I know, but I love our trips to Universal! We will be at PBH in July and hope to have a better experience than you did.

That is basically the same letter I got last year after my complaint about the HRH in Oct. I gave them the second chance in December and was very glad I did... everything went great.... give them the chance...but do it for a short stay .... I did it for 3 nights.... 2 I paid for & 1 was on them.

I think I would see if I could add an extra day on to trip and use their offer but I understand y u may not as u did not complain to them to get a freebie just to let them know about bad service
:jester:

Glad you got a great response. Hope you get to go back!

I just would like to add that i believe they will let you use that at any of the three hotels. When i called the hotel i had poor service and a cert at and explain i was not ready to try them again but was going back to xxx hotel could i just use my night there instead they promptly called to check availblity and called me back and allowed me to transfer that free night at my choice hotel. You will be talking to the office manager at the hotel at the PBH i'm not sure if candice or francise is still there my contact got a promotion :( have'nt stayed since. But I love PBH and can concurr with there letter i'm sure it's a far and few between exprerience you had. Go back and have fun and i bet they let you have the RPR just tell them your not ready for the PBH again yet.

AlexandNessa - Is there a link to your post about the bad experience? I don't know what happened.:eek:

PartyofSix, thanks for the idea. I sort of tried that saying that I was keeping my next reservation for RPR Club since we're going with friends and I would feel responsible if our friends were disappointed in the service at the PBH also. She wrote back (her name was Wanda, Admin Asst to the GM) and said:

[color=dark blue]Thank you for your response. Again I am truly sorry that you were left with such a negative impression and hopefully you will return in the future. I will mail you the letter and certificate and maybe you will come back![/color]

Familyof14, you can read Days 1 and 6/7 of my trip reports that I posted on the Universal Trip Reports board. Don't worry, it was nothing awful. It was just enough to make us want to stay somewhere else next time. It's a very pretty resort, and I'm sure you'll be happy there.

I read them! Sorry your time at PBH was not what you expected. Hopefully, we will have a better experience. We aren't going to be there long enough to turn around though. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter