Resort selection priority

Funny how things change through the years.
Went through all of the above with owning now over 20 years also dynamics of who if anyone anymore is coming with us.
We choose on just where we feel like staying. Each resort offers different…… Mostly we are theming people. We always miss Poly, AKL and WL and somehow the BW for convenience. This year we stayed at GF visited the POLY a few times and really questioned why we stayed at GF. Last year it was WL didn’t really question why we stayed there. I guess we fall into theming and that is very personal. For transportation LOL that is a huge huge huge YMMV this year at GF the bus and monorail was always there to take us where we were going other years it is never there no matter the resort. Also been soaked feet up at the BW walking 2 days to dry sneakers on the balcony. Did not get touched by a drop of rain this year.

Funny how things change through the years.
Went through all of the above with owning now over 20 years also dynamics of who if anyone anymore is coming with us.
We choose on just where we feel like staying. Each resort offers different…… Mostly we are theming people. We always miss Poly, AKL and WL and somehow the BW for convenience. This year we stayed at GF visited the POLY a few times and really questioned why we stayed at GF. Last year it was WL didn’t really question why we stayed there. I guess we fall into theming and that is very personal. For transportation LOL that is a huge huge huge YMMV this year at GF the bus and monorail was always there to take us where we were going other years it is never there no matter the resort. Also been soaked feet up at the BW walking 2 days to dry sneakers on the balcony. Did not get touched by a drop of rain this year.
Agreed - these are fluctuating priorities. At our initial buy-in we were naively blind to resale, and location preferences, and we bought SSR mainly based on Price Per Point (Direct), not knowing about Resale/ROFR/Scarcity of some rooms at 7-11Mo., etc.
We've progressed a lot since then, thanks in large part to these boards, and have suffered addonitis several times. Each add on came with a different priority.
Our first add on was to get us enough points for our first Whole-Family vacation in a 3BR-GV.
Then our priority became stretching our points to extend our stays.
Then, after grabbing our first waitlist at BWV, during COVID, we prioritized the Crescent Lake location.
Tomorrow - - who knows what our #1 Priority will be ?? :P
I still get tickled when I start to tell DVC-novices about these "issues",
and they remind me that these are such first-world-problems that I'm fortunate to have:thumbsup2

I have to expect if 'pool slide' is second on your list, there are some young ones influencing that list!! There was a time for us that would have been important too!!
Lol yes there are. My husband and I like the slides too, but we definitely don’t ride as much as our girls do. We have found that since we bought into DVC afternoon pool breaks have become a must for most of our trips so the pool and slide are important to our family.

1. quality of rooms w/ enough sleeping surfaces on real beds so teens are comfortable
2. Theming
3. Food
4. Availability, currently have BRV, Blt, poly (2x) and AKL Jambo booked on SSR points
5. Location bc we do use Minnie Vans

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter